What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I open the plastic wrap on them to get the individual sheets of styrofoam :)

These particular sheets I use for insulating the drinking pool for the horses, they need water in the winter also. At current -8'C (~17'F) the drinking water gets frozen over the day without some insulation.
Gotcha! Thanks!
Sponsored

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
First time I put Pep to work in a while...a tiny piece of land my dad deeded over to me before he passed away, pretty much good for nothing...2 trees blew over in the recent high winds, so I cut them up and hauled to my place for firewood. Not sure what kind of trees, but there are chestnuts all over the ground!

20211127_162955.jpg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
We cut up one of the trees still in the yard from a storm we had this summer, and hauled it into the woods.
1637618924002.png
That's a good stump to set a salt block on.
Just sayin'

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
First time I put Pep to work in a while...a tiny piece of land my dad deeded over to me before he passed away, pretty much good for nothing...2 trees blew over in the recent high winds, so I cut them up and hauled to my place for firewood. Not sure what kind of trees, but there are chestnuts all over the ground!

20211127_162955.jpg
Well, apparently, it’s good for free firewood and that’s always a good thing - the chainsaw comes out at the cottage as soon as I see a blow down - it’s a jackpot if it’s hardwood - absolutely need to have bonfires and gotta feed the pizza oven too. ?

Last edited:

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

20211127_162955.jpg
the right truck and the right chainsaw!

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Loaned a trailer to carry some equipment which was 2m in lenght, 2m in height and 0.5m wide and had to be transported upright. Did a 100km trip in total.

Unfortunately for me the loaner trailer was made for a boat and was a long boom trailer with total length of ~10 meters and 1.3 meters wide (wheel base was 1.6m though). It was totally invisible from mirrors and backing it up was.. interesting. On rear camera the trailer was small speck at end of a boom and from mirrors you could see it only after it had turned already somewhat sideways. Have to say that I didn't win the "best backup of the year" awards with that one..

In situations like this it would be nice if you could enable the rear view camera to check on the invisi-trailer once in a while. (https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/how-to-enable-backup-camera-while-driving.7265/)

Anyway, stuff hauled, trailer did not fall off and Raptor did fine.

drano38

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Supercrew
Installed my tow clevis and mount.
The mount is aluminum, from Royal Hooks. The steel clevis was off of ebay.
Of course, not buying a clevis/mount set from one vendor created some issues. The mount will take the Royal Hook brand 7/8" pin. But the inexpensive clevis has a powder coated bolt, so was a few thousandths too big. I took the mount to work, and honed out the hole. All good now.
I'll most likely store the clevis in the cab so one takes it.
With winter here, I'm ready to pull the GM/Dodge/Taco trucks out of snow banks.:like:
Tow clevis.JPG

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Took a drive out to the levee near the Valujet 592 Memorial to enjoy the cool weather, clear skies, and a cigar.

Amazing what you can see once you get rid of the light pollution.

4A32120F-A56D-4A5B-917A-34FB0F072CD0.jpeg

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Took a drive out to the levee near the Valujet 592 Memorial to enjoy the cool weather, clear skies, and a cigar.

Amazing what you can see once you get rid of the light pollution.

4A32120F-A56D-4A5B-917A-34FB0F072CD0.jpeg
Did a lot of hunting that area by airboat and swamp buggy when I was a kid.. :)

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Update to the new wheels....I ended up color matching the star in the wheel center to match my Hot Pepper Red truck color. Please don't ask how much that ended up costing me to get the Plastic Adhesion coat, base coat, pearlescent coat, and clear coat mixed and put in cans...lol. It did come out beautiful though....IMO ;)

IMG_3160.jpg
IMG_3161.jpg
IMG_3177.jpg
IMG_3178.jpg
IMG_3179.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Update to the new wheels....I ended up color matching the star in the wheel center to match my Hot Pepper Red truck color. Please don't ask how much that ended up costing me to get the Plastic Adhesion coat, base coat, pearlescent coat, and clear coat mixed and put in cans...lol. It did come out beautiful though....IMO ;)

IMG_3160.jpg
IMG_3161.jpg
IMG_3177.jpg
IMG_3178.jpg
IMG_3179.jpg

Looks really good Mark!

But I have to ask..How much? Don't worry I won't tell your wife. ??

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Looks really good Mark!

But I have to ask..How much? Don't worry I won't tell your wife. ??

LOL...please don't Dave. So since I didn't have anything to start with, right off the top NAPA charges $24.99/can for any mixed color. Since my truck is a 3 stage paint process I was in for $75 just to get started. The whole thing, with Scotch scuff pad and a tack cloth was right at $106.... :rockon:

I have a good bit of paint left so I'm thinking about putting color to the XD Series logo on the wheel itself. Problem is the valve stem is right in front of the logo, but I think I can get around it....just need to think on it for a while...lol.

Also...Thanks for the compliment Dave, I appreciate it....especially coming from a professional...;)

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
LOL...please don't Dave. So since I didn't have anything to start with, right off the top NAPA charges $24.99/can for any mixed color. Since my truck is a 3 stage paint process I was in for $75 just to get started. The whole thing, with Scotch scuff pad and a tack cloth was right at $106.... :rockon:

I have a good bit of paint left so I'm thinking about putting color to the XD Series logo on the wheel itself. Problem is the valve stem is right in front of the logo, but I think I can get around it....just need to think on it for a while...lol.

Also...Thanks for the compliment Dave, I appreciate it....especially coming from a professional...;)
That wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It does look sharp