Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Housing Case Manager, Full-time student
Vehicle Showcase
Spent yesterday exploring forest roads to find more campsites to add to our maps. This one is nestled far back in the forest. We had to cross multiple streams, and the side of the truck was riddled in pin stripes. Well worth it. Next to the site is a roaring river.

20210515_102544.jpg

Resized_20210515_101348.jpeg

Resized_Screenshot_20210516-061923_Photos.jpeg

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Did long overdue spring cleanup around the yard and garage. Four beds of stuff out of here. Still have some stuff left and if I ever get to renovate that garage then some more.

It's surprising how much stuff gets lying around when you run 8 years with a Chevy Volt without ability to even hook a trailer behind the car.

Oh, and after that I went to see the black walnuts. One down, some hedgehog or something dug a hole to ground and threw the sapling to ground (So definitely not a common rodent as they'd just eat it).

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
Spent yesterday exploring forest roads to find more campsites to add to our maps. This one is nestled far back in the forest. We had to cross multiple streams, and the side of the truck was riddled in pin stripes. Well worth it. Next to the site is a roaring river.

20210515_102544.jpg

Resized_20210515_101348.jpeg

Resized_Screenshot_20210516-061923_Photos.jpeg
Really beautiful. I need to find some good exploring spots here in San Diego.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
Local offroad park. It's on private land, not public land like the other major ones, so its quiet and discreet. Just gotta sign a waiver and go. Owner is super cool and builds these for fun.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
We had a "horse pasture fence work bee" so the Raptor participated as pole & wire and beverages carrying platform. My initial idea was to drive around the fence line and provide the poles for easy installation.

That failed. Miserably. As expected.

It's been raining for few days, about 30mm or so and the pasture is clay. Everything went smoothly up until first stop, after which the Raptor sunk. I hope the insurance covers it...

Anyway the Raptor sunk about 20-25cm after which there was more solid clay underneath. There's now about 100 meter long and deep gourges on the pasture when I backed it out from there. Had to do multiple forward/backward passes since it decided to make this slight curve heading directly to corrugated iron sheet next to the pasture and would not turn due to the high track walls. So chipping away the sidewall in order to turn and get out of the track.

Mud was pretty much flying everywhere and after some time the ford pass puked list of errors...
- Front collision system failure
- Hill start assist failure
- Down hill assist failure

Of course that is just mud blocking the sensors. Drove it out of the pasture and on road to other corner from where the pole carrying was just up to a quarter mile. Fixed the fence and went for coffee, sandwiches and donuts.

After that drove to the forest to check the walnuts.. they're in leaf! 24 leafing saplings (and one dead).

DSC_0465.jpg

Finally drove to Motonet (www.motonet.fi) and bough some AutoGlym stuff to get rid of that mud. That's the next thing to do, but I'll wait for clouds or until the sun has gone down a bit..

All in all, great test on Raptor. Didn't expect it to work in the soft ground but at least the experience proved that the truck can get out from some serious conditions.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
Not today, but I did deliver 4 folding tables to my sister in law's house last evening. She's having a yard sale today.

On the way there the lovely wife and I ate dinner and I cringed when we came outside because someone had parked next to me, lol. :O I had it parked very close to the island that was on one side of the truck, so no door dents.

No pictures of the Ranger delivering tables, but while out and about this morning while shopping, I saw a nice XL.

IMG_20210522_091111344_HDR~2.jpg

And we saw "Walmart Ranger." It belongs to a Walmart employee. He had it cleaned up nice. :)

IMG_20210522_102613330_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
After two hours :clock: of pressure washing, rinsing down and manually grabbing brick size pieces of mud & grass from the crevices of the car (including completely covered / blocked front skid plate top) I'm nearing to the point that I may start the pre-wash with foam... I've also re-found the blue & aluminium suspension system from under 4 inch clay, hay & horseshit coating... :party:

Had to come for coffee & handwash in-between. Let's see how long it takes to do polar blast + polar wash + polar rince cycle :yawn:

I also would note that previous estimation of the sunken mud depth on somewhere along the pasture was beyond the clearance of the car. No wonder I needed some momentum occasionally.

Now I wonder if I should do it again next weekend, or if I just need a lift..

Edit: All done.. phew! :like:

Last edited:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Today I used my Ranger to pick up my little 2000 Sea Ray 185 from being detailed (wet sand, polish, interior clean) and then I "de-winterized" the boat to get it ready for next weekend. After that, I moved it to it's new parking spot at the marina; no more storage yard down the road from the water!
2021-05-22 10.38.49.jpg

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
First post, hey!

My partner, our dog and I just wrapped up Day 4 of the Mojave Road...unbelievably epic ride and the Ranger performed very well through some gnarly territory

CD1E0B49-8B2F-490E-9535-3813CED2D74F.jpeg
just looked this up. Will be adding on my retirement to-do list