Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Great news Doc - waiting on my No. 2
My wife and I got the AstroZeneca vaccine last week. (Get the first one available was the plan) Both of us had fatigue the second day, but were fine on the third day.

If there was a choice of which vaccine we could have got, we would have went with the Phizer/Moderna, because they are better at preventing you from catching the virus, but they are all about equally good at preventing serious disease and death. It would have been a two week wait to get the Phizer/Moderna up here, because they keep taking a share of our vaccines to go to the hot spots. With the variants, we did not want to take the chance on waiting.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I got the AstroZeneca vaccine last week. (Get the first one available was the plan) Both of us had fatigue the second day, but were fine on the third day.

If there was a choice of which vaccine we could have got, we would have went with the Phizer/Moderna, because they are better at preventing you from catching the virus, but they are all about equally good at preventing serious disease and death. It would have been a two week wait to get the Phizer/Moderna up here, because they keep taking a share of our vaccines to go to the hot spots. With the variants, we did not want to take the chance on waiting.
Glad to hear it Gary. I’m a big supporter of everyone who gets the jab and, as you know, for my household it’s no joking matter.

There’s recent good news out of the UK and US that some COVID long-haul sufferers have had a positive therapeutic reaction to the Pfizer vaccine. There isn’t enough data yet to officially label it a therapeutic treatment and move these folks to the front of the line but it really gives us some hope.

Phase 3 can’t come soon enough - fingers crossed! Stay safe.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Temporary parking spot for a canning machine that my bud ordered for the microbrewery he is opening. The semi delivering the equipment couldn’t back up the driveway so we had to McGuyver some things. Had to winch it out of the semi onto his F-250 (rare V-10 6-speed stick), slowly back it up the hill and up to my truck, pull it part way onto my truck, then pick it up in the middle with the forklift.
E8786338-F3AB-484C-9A5F-08FA13AC03DA.jpeg

Last edited:

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Today was one of the rare times I used the truck as a truck.

But first I wanted to mention I got a level today. Instead of getting a lift, I got a lower and it only cost $150.

I loaded up 40 bags of top soil and compost, weighing approximately 30 lbs per bag = 1200 lbs. I also loaded three bags of peat moss, each weighing 55 lbs = 165 lbs.

So the total payload was 1365 lbs. The tonnneau cover and bed extender all worked well in protecting and containing the load. The truck actually road very well with the load.

The soil, compost and peat moss is all going into a half filled raised vegetable garden.

The level was only temporary and the original rake is back in place. ?

D1909C78-7756-4131-8C8B-7E494412352A.jpeg

861AAFE6-5E1C-4F34-801D-246660E27F23.jpeg

498EFC03-1A98-4C87-994D-70B251BE9B9A.jpeg

FirstRanger011

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD FX4
This was about two weeks ago but forgot to post. Went camping for a night At Westcliff Park on Belton Lake.

Amazing place. However, we weren’t ready for the massive winds coming off the lake that night. The entire night our tent was falling in on itself from the strong gusts and I was running around half naked trying to make sure we didn’t lose anything. Maybe slept 2 hours total.

0CA72CDA-EEBD-4995-A614-1AAC64D8202C.jpeg

NooTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
IMG_20210415_153205.jpg
Took the tonneau cover off and went and picked up some river rock for a landscaping project. Got to the stone dealer, and the guy asked how much I wanted and what I was driving. I told him I have a Ford Ranger that is rated for 1,600 pounds in the bed, so I wanted 3/4 ton. His eyebrows went up, and he suggested that I only get a half ton. I said I'll rely on the specs and get 3/4 ton.

We went out and he put a full scoop in, and then about 2/3 of another scoop. After that, he looked at the truck, and said to me that the Ranger easily holds what he put in it. I'm guessing that he initially assumed I had an older generation Ranger that couldn't hold 3/4 tons of payload.

IMG-20210415-153152.jpg

I don't really know how much weight he loaded in, but the truck handled fine on the way home. This pic shows the truck loaded, and it seems about level front to back. When I got home, the hard part started.

Last edited:

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
My friend got her new truck(not a Ford, Boooo lol) and wanted to take it out so we hit up Santiago peak in orange county yesterday after work.

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0669.jpg
You drove??? ? Back a couple decades I was stationed at MCAS El Toro, and we marched up to Santiago Peak as I remember. Really enjoyed my time there.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I had to go pick up my PullKitchen at the UPS freight terminal because the idiots never called to schedule delivery. I called and asked then why they had it loaded on a trailer for delivery but never delivered it. "They didn't call you?" No, dummy, that's why I'm calling. Where the hell is it? Then they had the nerve to send me a survey asking about my experience with UPS Freight. My response wasn't very glowing.

Its in the back of the truck now, still need to take it off the pallet and install it, but today was tooo cold, snowy and windy.

IMG_20210416_092712_01.jpg
Sponsored