First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Damper mod. I know there is a lot of anti-damper sentiment, but my 4 year old son loves to appear out of nowhere and put his head right where the tailgate would slam down on his head.

IMG_8544.jpg
Welcome to the club! I see you even added the velcro guide strap. :like:

The Kool Damper Klub.jpg
Sponsored

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That is the @589FAB Ranger and I believe the show was the first public showing of said tire carrier. Looks extremely sturdy, but you will need into both sides of the bed as well as the tailgate for mounting. Not for the faint of heart.
Ha! I cut a huge hole in the fender of my truck for the ARB snorkel. That mount will be a cake walk compared to that nerve-racking experience! LOL

Byngsboys

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightening Blue Ranger XLT, 302A, FX4, Tow and Technology/ 2005 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
Look what I spotted on two car haulers on the I-44 East towards St. Louis. Second truck looked to even have an Everest in the middle.

395D04F3-1856-4748-8C31-BA00B3DBE9AE.jpeg

5A10C971-0049-4F4C-B337-2E78DEB22416.jpeg

96F51623-06A5-4F8C-8211-E2BA53D61B97.jpeg

EBF0CBB8-1AD3-4CF4-8434-0C2808E35513.jpeg
With all the Raptor looks going on...maybe I should build a Wildtrak instead...?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
After today's visit to the alignment shop, took a 150 mile road trip. (other threads have the info on eibach level strut cartridge's & rears....).

I have to say that the difference after adding just the rears was fantastic. The difference after adding the front and leveling by .75 is just as fantastic. My "feel" is that 80=90% of all the boat riding scenarios is gone! Super nose dive on firm-hard braking, gone!

Don't get me wrong, there is still some nose dive, but not that feeling of flipping the truck over trying to stop on hard brake.

The left/right, front/back rollie pollies are gone.

As I mentioned yesterday, you can "feel the road, but it is subtle. The road roughness "feels" shared by all 4 corners of the suspension. My "sense" of the center of gravity is of having shifted from front row cab (think that was due to FX4 struts and Eibach rears??) to front panel of bed.

An additional bonus to killing the Enhanced Engine Sound and auto road noise volume increase for radio is that you hear what's really going on around and near outside the truck.

It's still a truck, but rides well behaved to me and it did happen to accidently hit triple digits a few times for a brief spurt of Livernois!;)...handles well.

:thumbsup::turkey::turkey:

Last edited:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After today's visit to the alignment shop, took a 150 mile road trip. (other threads have the info on eibach level strut cartridge's & rears....).

I have to say that the difference after adding just the rears was fantastic. The difference after adding the front and leveling by .75 is just as fantastic. My "feel" is that 80=90% of all the boat riding scenarios is gone! Super nose dive on firm-hard braking, gone!

Don't get me wrong, there is still some nose dive, but not that feeling of flipping the truck over trying to stop on hard brake.

The left/right, front/back rollie pollies are gone.

As I mentioned yesterday, you can "feel the road, but it is subtle. The road roughness "feels" shared by all 4 corners of the suspension. My "sense" of the center of gravity is of having shifted from front row cab (think that was due to FX4 struts and Eibach rears??) to front panel of bed.

An additional bonus to killing the Enhanced Engine Sound and auto road noise volume increase for radio is that you hear what's really going on around and near outside the truck.

It's still a truck, but rides well behaved to me and it did happen to accidently hit triple digits a few times for a brief spurt of Livernois!;)...handles well.

:thumbsup::turkey::turkey:
I was really thrilled driving home from my friend's house after installing the Eibach Pro Lift truck kit on all four corners of my truck. We set my front to 3.75", and it settled to about 3.5" with the weight of the big bumper and winch we installed on my truck. The ride; awesome! Comparatively, the truck feels more planted on the road. Before, I had a harrowing experience hitting an expansion strip on an interstate overpass at 70 mph and I thought I was going to be in a wreck! Off road I've seen absolutely no issues. I love it! The Eibachs are good value for money.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I was really thrilled driving home from my friend's house after installing the Eibach Pro Lift truck kit on all four corners of my truck. We set my front to 3.75", and it settled to about 3.5" with the weight of the big bumper and winch we installed on my truck. The ride; awesome! Comparatively, the truck feels more planted on the road. Before, I had a harrowing experience hitting an expansion strip on an interstate overpass at 70 mph and I thought I was going to be in a wreck! Off road I've seen absolutely no issues. I love it! The Eibachs are good value for money.
Another benefit from my "low" rise, looks like I won't have to adjust my lights or else I blinded and shocked the drivers so bad they couldn't think to flash me:crackup:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Another benefit from my "low" rise, looks like I won't have to adjust my lights or else I blinded and shocked the drivers so bad they couldn't think to flash me:crackup:
Actually, I went too far on the lift. I thought I'd loose about 3/4" with the weight of the bumper and winch. But, I actually like the height of the truck; it has the right stance up front (I just need bigger tires). After the install, the truck initially sat with some reverse rake that really bothered me. It eventually settled in and sat level. But then I added a roof top tent, gear, a rack, etc., and now I hve a reverse rake again. I've got an add-a-leaf set in my garage waiting to go on now, to solve that issue. I need to get that on the truck before boat season starts back up so that towing is not stupid with the reverse rake!
2020-12-23 15.51.54.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

My little Ranger braved I19 to I10 to Costco for hearing aids. So this morning the ice maker sounds like a bowling alley and my computer key board like a popcorn maker....Sheesh. Wife had to peal me from the ceiling when she sneezed...holy crap!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Folks,

My little Ranger braved I19 to I10 to Costco for hearing aids. So this morning the ice maker sounds like a bowling alley and my computer key board like a popcorn maker....Sheesh. Wife had to peal me from the ceiling when she sneezed...holy crap!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil,
Better turn the volume down before 4th of July :shock:

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Hi Folks,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Good luck with them Phil . You wont be able to pretend you couldn't hear the wife anymore, LOL

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
Hi Folks,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I've had mine for about 10 years and sharp unexpected sounds still make me jump.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Hi Folks,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
When I first got mine just walking across the floor drove me nuts. Just give it time, you'll get use to and tune out the crazy background noise you couldn't hear before. The wife doesn't go away though. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
When I first got mine just walking across the floor drove me nuts. Just give it time, you'll get use to and tune out the crazy background noise you couldn't hear before. The wife doesn't go away though. ?
I have a noise cancelling headset I wear while shooting. When I first got them it drove me crazy hearing all the crunching from just walking. There is a volume control so I keep it at its lowest setting. You can hear every little thing with those I can't imagine wearing a hearing aid everyday. I know it's better than not hearing but is there a volume control of these?

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a noise cancelling headset I wear while shooting. When I first got them it drove me crazy hearing all the crunching from just walking. There is a volume control so I keep it at its lowest setting. You can hear every little thing with those I can't imagine wearing a hearing aid everyday. I know it's better tan not hearing but is there a volume control of these?
Hi Dave,

Yep....a volume control to a degree, but the master volume is in the programming that resides at Costco.... Have to have the audiologist tweak it...but can do it over my phone...send the new file to my phone to the Resound app and execute reprogram...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Hi Dave,

Yep....a volume control to a degree, but the master volume is in the programming that resides at Costco.... Have to have the audiologist tweak it...but can do it over my phone...send the new file to my phone to the Resound app and execute reprogram...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Wow, Phil, very high tech! I bet you could use Forscan to set up your hearing aids... :LOL:
Sponsored