Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Did the second most important thing that I'll ever do on an annual basis with Soupie!

The single most important thing will be done as soon as the rain and cold eases a little and the victorious photo shall be posted (of course!). =D ...

Soupie's 2023 dump* sticker!

IMG_20230103_091500870.webp


* - for those sticklers, the "artisanal, locally-sourced, recycling center" =p
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Yesterday drove almost 500 miles home from the in-law’s. Anyone have tips for securing tarps better so they don’t flap? When I strapping it down, wife actually suggested we get a tonneau or camper shell ?. With the bed loaded it’s about impossible to get to the tie-down loops sometimes.

0A7445B5-E82E-4918-B1C6-95591840B7F7.jpeg

D49B7E27-91BD-4F73-97E7-0D79085322EC.jpeg
I use 24 inch soft loop straps to "extend" the tie downs. I have to remember to pull them up before loading and they aren't as strong as the tie down points, but it lets me tie things down a little easier.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084VQT8MM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

In this previously posted pic, you can see that I have doubled them for the middle tie down so that the ratchet strap clip wasn't pressing on the compressor.

With them doubled, I can clip at the tie down, at the end of the first one, or at the end of the second one (good for large brush piles).

I also like retractable straps because I can attach the end of it to the tie down before loading on the one side.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RW67ZH4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

These straps only have a 1,500 pound rating but I only use them for brush and for things that probably would never bounce out of the bed.

IMG_20221228_113502392_HDR.webp
 

TVRangerSTX

Well-Known Member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Threads
4
Messages
749
Reaction score
3,655
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Did the second most important thing that I'll ever do on an annual basis with Soupie!

The single most important thing will be done as soon as the rain and cold eases a little and the victorious photo shall be posted (of course!). =D ...

Soupie's 2023 dump* sticker!

IMG_20230103_091500870.jpg


* - for those sticklers, the "artisanal, locally-sourced, recycling center" =p
Breathlessly awaiting celebration of the first dump run of 2023! Congrats David, saving the planet from that demon of global warming...we should nominate Soupie for the Greta Thunberg Award, complete with window sticker!
I'm disappointed however that you're only #4500! Should have been in line early for #1...

Screenshot_20230103_095925_Chrome~2.webp
 

mr.wonderful

Well-Known Member
First Name
Max
Joined
Apr 18, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
145
Reaction score
575
Location
Fort Collins, CO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Developer
On today's issue of "What did you do with your ranger?", it is once again a case of what happened yesterday....

Still in California, ready to go back to Colorado... Start my road trip pre checks since I have to work this week and discover my passenger side outer tie rod is PUKING grease ?. So it's at the dealer right now, hoping they can warranty it out.

Here's to hoping I'm on the road Saturday, motorcycle and dog loaded up and ready to leave
 


subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Breathlessly awaiting celebration of the first dump run of 2023! Congrats David, saving the planet from that demon of global warming...we should nominate Soupie for the Greta Thunberg Award, complete with window sticker!
I'm disappointed however that you're only #4500! Should have been in line early for #1...

Screenshot_20230103_095925_Chrome~2.jpg
Oh no, that's my license plate number (quick, blur it out!). I lucked out with an easy-to-remember tag - this is the first time I've ever had a tag I know by heart! =D

Fortunately Soupie's race red exterior, its drivers obsessively-frequent dump run schedule, and the ever snarling Cheech (who will snarl but gladly take the Milk Bone from the gate attendant) means recognition on sight by the Public Works team.

I have finally arrived and I'm touched by your nomination of us for such a fine award.

I'll place it under my GT poster ...

1672759418283.png
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Oh no, that's my license plate number (quick, blur it out!). I lucked out with an easy-to-remember tag - this is the first time I've ever had a tag I know by heart! =D
Fortunately Soupie's race red exterior, its drivers obsessively-frequent dump run schedule, and the ever snarling Cheech (who will snarl but gladly take the Milk Bone from the gate attendant) means recognition on sight by the Public Works team.
I have finally arrived and I'm touched by your nomination of us for such a fine award.
I'll place it under my GT poster ...
1672759418283.png
Welp, there goes breakfast! ??:puke:
 

Utope

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jacob
Joined
Aug 30, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
173
Reaction score
468
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I use 24 inch soft loop straps to "extend" the tie downs. I have to remember to pull them up before loading and they aren't as strong as the tie down points, but it lets me tie things down a little easier.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084VQT8MM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

In this previously posted pic, you can see that I have doubled them for the middle tie down so that the ratchet strap clip wasn't pressing on the compressor.

With them doubled, I can clip at the tie down, at the end of the first one, or at the end of the second one (good for large brush piles).

I also like retractable straps because I can attach the end of it to the tie down before loading on the one side.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RW67ZH4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

These straps only have a 1,500 pound rating but I only use them for brush and for things that probably would never bounce out of the bed.

IMG_20221228_113502392_HDR.jpg
yeah that would be a good idea to grab something like that. my uncle has cable extension in his. something like these:
https://www.amazon.com/Roadmaster-9...ocphy=1014570&hvtargid=pla-593698353754&psc=1
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher

Grumpaw

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jul 1, 2021
Threads
84
Messages
6,042
Reaction score
30,174
Location
Fishersville, Va.
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2021 Ranger, Now 2019 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen
Did the second most important thing that I'll ever do on an annual basis with Soupie!

The single most important thing will be done as soon as the rain and cold eases a little and the victorious photo shall be posted (of course!). =D ...

Soupie's 2023 dump* sticker!

IMG_20230103_091500870.jpg


* - for those sticklers, the "artisanal, locally-sourced, recycling center" =p
I thought it was the ### of times you were permitted to make a dump run this year......
 

Dr3wDrop

Well-Known Member
First Name
Andrew
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
40
Messages
1,274
Reaction score
2,376
Location
OHIO
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
WOW gas is still way over $4.00 a gallon here :frown:
It has been fluctuating 35 cents +/- over the past two months. I tend to not even pay attention since I get premium. I find that premium swings way different. Not even dependent on 87 octane prices. 87 could be the same at 2 different stations but 93 would be 10-20 cents higher at one vs the other.
Sponsored

 
 








Top