Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

veedubtuner

Well-Known Member
First Name
Morgan
Joined
Sep 8, 2021
Threads
90
Messages
1,471
Reaction score
6,515
Location
Tulsa, OK
Vehicle(s)
2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts slinger
Vehicle Showcase
1
Yeah the 7000TL. I like them a lot. I use my workshop for a lot of things so not having perm 2 post is nice. And with the truck lift things its a solid close to 2ft of space under the truck. I was sitting up right under the truck doing the transfer case fluid change the other month.

Overall I've been using them for a year and really like them. Makes working on the truck and our car just easy.
Got a set myself. I think mine are the 5000 though.
thumbnail_20230611_094603.jpg
Sponsored

 

NeilP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Neil
Joined
Aug 28, 2022
Threads
27
Messages
510
Reaction score
1,671
Location
Spearfish, South Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Yeah the 7000TL. I like them a lot. I use my workshop for a lot of things so not having perm 2 post is nice. And with the truck lift things its a solid close to 2ft of space under the truck. I was sitting up right under the truck doing the transfer case fluid change the other month.

Overall I've been using them for a year and really like them. Makes working on the truck and our car just easy.
I have the 7000SLX Ouick Jack. I ordered it with the "truck adapter kit" the "pinch weld blocks" & the "low profile blocks". The Quick Jack is incredibly handy. I can't bring myself to allow any of the people that work as lube & tire techs get anywhere close to my vehicles, so these make it nice for the DYI guys.
 

Joejk3d

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Feb 3, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
99
Reaction score
316
Location
Denver & Nathrop, CO
Website
JK3D.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Saber / 2009 Honda CR-V (the backup car)
Occupation
Maker and a professional high end geek.
I have the 7000SLX Ouick Jack. I ordered it with the "truck adapter kit" the "pinch weld blocks" & the "low profile blocks". The Quick Jack is incredibly handy. I can't bring myself to allow any of the people that work as lube & tire techs get anywhere close to my vehicles, so these make it nice for the DYI guys.
Yeah same... I have some deep trust issues with most mechanics/dealers/etc...

The fact i discovered in this that the dealership never did the alignment I paid for is just further cementing that (they claimed they lost the printout of the alignment but it was done)... just to find... nope... they just never did it. (which I am truly assuming was a mistake/oversight rather than malice.)
 

Joejk3d

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Feb 3, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
99
Reaction score
316
Location
Denver & Nathrop, CO
Website
JK3D.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Saber / 2009 Honda CR-V (the backup car)
Occupation
Maker and a professional high end geek.
Got a set myself. I think mine are the 5000 though.
thumbnail_20230611_094603.jpg
yeah the 5000 is more than enough for most of cars.

Also awesome R32, LOVE that generation. I had a 2008 of the next gen and was one of my favorite cars ever. Hard to find a MK4 R32 these days in any kind of OK shape.
 


veedubtuner

Well-Known Member
First Name
Morgan
Joined
Sep 8, 2021
Threads
90
Messages
1,471
Reaction score
6,515
Location
Tulsa, OK
Vehicle(s)
2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts slinger
Vehicle Showcase
1
yeah the 5000 is more than enough for most of cars.

Also awesome R32, LOVE that generation. I had a 2008 of the next gen and was one of my favorite cars ever. Hard to find a MK4 R32 these days in any kind of OK shape.
Thanks, definitely a fun car. And clean low mile ones are out there, but going for redonkculous $$.

Current listing
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-volkswagen-r32-206/

Some previous
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-volkswagen-r32-205/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-volkswagen-r32-198/

And someone with more money than brains lol.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-volkswagen-r32-155/
 

FM AZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
Fred
Joined
Jul 5, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
119
Reaction score
697
Location
Vail, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger 4x4 Super Cab Lariat, 2005 Mustang V-6, 5-Speed
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt, and newly retired Airline Captain
1000005060.jpg

Then went to Antelope Island to bike. Bumper didn't fall off so I'd call it a success.
[/QUOTE]

Are there still a ton of bison out there? I went to the island 20 years ago and there must have been a heard of 600 running along the shore.
 

COblue

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ross
Joined
Jan 11, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
177
Reaction score
430
Location
SLC, Utah
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ranger Lariat, bone stock
1000005060.jpg

Then went to Antelope Island to bike. Bumper didn't fall off so I'd call it a success.
Are there still a ton of bison out there? I went to the island 20 years ago and there must have been a heard of 600 running along the shore.
[/QUOTE]
Herds of em. Idk how many, but they seem to be going strong.

As sturdy as the bumper is, it looks wimpy next to the bison haha.

1000003135.jpg
 
 








Top