Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

NeilP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Neil
Joined
Aug 28, 2022
Threads
27
Messages
510
Reaction score
1,671
Location
Spearfish, South Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Schools and businesses are closing down. Its getting cold. Might have freezing rain. So, hope my ranger survives.

Screenshot_20250120_203147_WeatherBug.jpg
The temp at my place this morning.

20250120_075421.webp
Sponsored

 

Big Blue

Well-Known Member
First Name
Lee
Joined
May 5, 2020
Threads
16
Messages
3,942
Reaction score
9,420
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
The temp at my place this morning.

20250120_075421.jpg
Got to love those Polar Vortexes! I had - 12 this morning, it got all the way up to -2 today. They're predicting down to -16 tonight with a high of -5 tomorrow. Looks like the kids will get three days off from school. And we have no snow on the ground.
 

98RangerDave

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Dec 27, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
54
Reaction score
350
Location
Inland Empire CA
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX2 / 1997 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Finance
Trans fluid flushed (just 1x, I have enough fluid to do it again and may in a day or so).. the MBS trans dipstick/Tube is next level good for doing this!! Used a vacuum extractor to get 5L out in about 7 minutes.




Also swapped the plugs, but that wasn't needed it turns out for 40K miles, they are in great shape, no sign of water either!
My truck has about 50k miles, I was gonna do a drain and fill (dropping the pan since everything is stock). Would you recommend the filter swap since the pan is off?
Also, do we have a 10r80 or 10r60? I have a 2020 XLT FX2 if it matters.
 

Big Blue

Well-Known Member
First Name
Lee
Joined
May 5, 2020
Threads
16
Messages
3,942
Reaction score
9,420
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
My truck has about 50k miles, I was gonna do a drain and fill (dropping the pan since everything is stock). Would you recommend the filter swap since the pan is off?
Also, do we have a 10r80 or 10r60? I have a 2020 XLT FX2 if it matters.
All our 5G Rangers are 10R80s. Make sure you use ULV fluid not LV.
 


Big Blue

Well-Known Member
First Name
Lee
Joined
May 5, 2020
Threads
16
Messages
3,942
Reaction score
9,420
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Thank you.
I’ve read 6 quarts should be enough. Does that sound right? Any recommendations for filter? FOMOCO? Or?
I have heard that most get about 5-6 quarts when they pump the fluid out for a drain and fill. Not sure with a pan drop. I'm doing mine this spring at my 40K oil change. I have the MBS dipstick so I'm going to pump mine then change the filter and put on the deep PPE Pan. I have 8 quarts of Ford ULV waiting. I also have a bottle of LubGuard Platinum I'm going to use
 

KNI

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2021
Threads
13
Messages
1,316
Reaction score
5,598
Location
Finland
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Broke it.

Tow truck came and took it away and it's now sitting on dealer yard waiting for someone to take a look at it next week.

Drove fine until engine stopped mid-drive. Cranks laborously but does not start.

I'd figure it's blocked/frozen Diesel filter. Or if not that then the engine or gearbox is busted.
Brought it home today.

They put in a new engine and updated intercooler. Let's see when this one blows up.
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
The temp at my place this morning.

20250120_075421.jpg
As much as we both love SD this was a major reason why we couldn't live there. It's such a beautiful area and while we don't mind a little snow (you get more than a little lol) we just can't do those sub zero temps anymore. It's 2* right now which is pretty rare here but by the weekend it'll be back up to the upper 40's lower 50's. Stay warm my friend!! ?

Screenshot 2025-01-21 at 7.03.36?AM.webp
 

NeilP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Neil
Joined
Aug 28, 2022
Threads
27
Messages
510
Reaction score
1,671
Location
Spearfish, South Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
As much as we both love SD this was a major reason why we couldn't live there. It's such a beautiful area and while we don't mind a little snow (you get more than a little lol) we just can't do those sub zero temps anymore. It's 2* right now which is pretty rare here but by the weekend it'll be back up to the upper 40's lower 50's. Stay warm my friend!! ?

Screenshot 2025-01-21 at 7.03.36?AM.jpeg
I am beginning to like the idea of becoming a snow bird.
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
I am beginning to like the idea of becoming a snow bird.
I bet! When I lived in MA I did that for 3 years and it was a really nice break from the cold. I had bought my AZ house as an investment and started off going there for a few weeks in the winter which lead to a few months. Now with so many Airbnb's everywhere I think we'll go that route if at some point we find winters challenging. Luckily here they're short lived and everyone says January is (usually) the coldest month.

One thing I've found that is if you have the flexibility booking an Airbnb at the last minute (like a week or so before) you'll find reduced rates. Most will start to lower their prices as the date get closer just to have someone there. We did that on our last vacation coming back from South Dakota. I found a nice condo in a resort in Pagosa Springs, CO on the 4th of July for $75/night (3 night minimum) with no fees only taxes.
 

Maxacceleration

Well-Known Member
First Name
Max
Joined
Jan 2, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
105
Reaction score
507
Location
PNW/NCW
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger XLT
Occupation
retired
Well I cannot tell a lie… or keep a secret, so here it is…
I exchanged what I thought were god awful Fuel Assault wheels 18x9 -12 to Konig 18x9 0 offset wheels. In gloss anthracite. A middle ground between black or machined looks. The increased positive offset is a huge benefit too.
Stealthy but cool for me anyway.

5884612585102023958.jpeg
IMG_7255.jpeg

IMG_7253.jpeg


I shopped quite a bit for wheels with wheel weight being first & foremost.
I saved 15 pounds per wheel!!! And I do believe I can feel better response.
 
Last edited:

Vr22s

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ryan
Joined
Jan 9, 2021
Threads
11
Messages
178
Reaction score
872
Location
Draper, UT
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
Biotech Production/Operations Manager
Added a Ranger Lifts 2" level kit and a cheapo Aux Beam 22" Light Bar with Amber/White DRL to my bumper. I am done spending for a while. Though the lightbar is $103 right now, pretty decent deal.

PXL_20250119_182105880.jpg
PXL_20250121_180005163.webp
PXL_20250121_175950850.jpg
PXL_20250121_033430282.jpg
PXL_20250121_175956046.jpg
 

5thranger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Jul 16, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
1,146
Reaction score
4,387
Location
kansas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Ranger Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Well I cannot tell a lie… or keep a secret, so here it is…
I exchanged what I thought were god awful Fuel Assault wheels 19x9 -12 to Konig 18x9 0 offset wheels. In gloss anthracite. A middle ground between black or machined looks. The increased positive offset is a huge benefit too.
Stealthy but cool for me anyway.

5884612585102023958.jpeg
IMG_7255.jpeg

IMG_7253.jpeg


I shopped quite a bit for wheels with wheel weight be first & foremost.
I saved 15 pounds per wheel!!! And I do believe I can feel better response.
Konig much improved look.
 

Bsenecal

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 21, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
656
Reaction score
1,897
Location
Milton Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Well I cannot tell a lie… or keep a secret, so here it is…
I exchanged what I thought were god awful Fuel Assault wheels 19x9 -12 to Konig 18x9 0 offset wheels. In gloss anthracite. A middle ground between black or machined looks. The increased positive offset is a huge benefit too.
Stealthy but cool for me anyway.

5884612585102023958.jpeg
IMG_7255.jpeg

IMG_7253.jpeg


I shopped quite a bit for wheels with wheel weight being first & foremost.
I saved 15 pounds per wheel!!! And I do believe I can feel better response.
Those look great and I’m sure there will be both a power and mileage difference.
Brian
Sponsored

 
 








Top