Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

Joejk3d

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Feb 3, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
99
Reaction score
316
Location
Denver & Nathrop, CO
Website
JK3D.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Saber / 2009 Honda CR-V (the backup car)
Occupation
Maker and a professional high end geek.
Today I did my first alignment! Using a camber plate and Toe gauge I designed myself for this.

Got the front end aligned after raising the Eibach suspension 1.5". Also found that I took my truck in last spring for an alignment seeing the insides of the front tires burning down... they never fixed it... Just noticed my current tires are doing the same. Found the toe was quite a bit off before (very negative, Camber was too negative, and caster was way messed on the passenger wheel.

Reinforces my commitment to not depend on a dealer for anything I can do. (the alignment was done at a ford dealer, and when I asked for the alignment printout, they said they forgot to print it...but its all in spec now)... silly me believing them.

Used paint pens to mark the adjustments so I could track my changes. and mark the final placements

Also
1737339737735-qv.jpg
going to clean up some of the little rusty bits (most of the truck is in great shape rust wise, just a few areas up front with some rust)

Tomorrow I am going to extract and replace as much of the transmission fluid as I can, and maybe swap plugs, and work on installing a Dashcam (Using an INNOVV K3 from my motorcycle, justs 2 small bullet cams and the DVR hides under the dash somewhere.)
Sponsored

 

Joejk3d

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Feb 3, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
99
Reaction score
316
Location
Denver & Nathrop, CO
Website
JK3D.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Saber / 2009 Honda CR-V (the backup car)
Occupation
Maker and a professional high end geek.
Finished installing the Bilstein 6112 in the front (6th clip position, should settle to 2.6-2.7” of lift) and 5100 in the rear. Very straight forward install, but the use of spring compressors makes me fully understand how fragile human life is. Ha.
collage.jpg
IMG_5236.jpeg
IMG_5237.jpeg
IMG_5238.jpeg


Also fixed this little hose in the engine bay, looks like a common problem:

IMG_5246.jpeg
IMG_5248.webp
Ohh going to do that fan fix tomorrow as well, I have the hose and hose clamps on my work bench!
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Today I did my first alignment! Using a camber plate and Toe gauge I designed myself for this.

Got the front end aligned after raising the Eibach suspension 1.5". Also found that I took my truck in last spring for an alignment seeing the insides of the front tires burning down... they never fixed it... Just noticed my current tires are doing the same. Found the toe was quite a bit off before (very negative, Camber was too negative, and caster was way messed on the passenger wheel.

Reinforces my commitment to not depend on a dealer for anything I can do. (the alignment was done at a ford dealer, and when I asked for the alignment printout, they said they forgot to print it...but its all in spec now)... silly me believing them.

Used paint pens to mark the adjustments so I could track my changes. and mark the final placements

Also
1737339737735-qv.jpg
going to clean up some of the little rusty bits (most of the truck is in great shape rust wise, just a few areas up front with some rust)

Tomorrow I am going to extract and replace as much of the transmission fluid as I can, and maybe swap plugs, and work on installing a Dashcam (Using an INNOVV K3 from my motorcycle, justs 2 small bullet cams and the DVR hides under the dash somewhere.)
Are those QuickJacks? How do you like them?
 

Joejk3d

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Feb 3, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
99
Reaction score
316
Location
Denver & Nathrop, CO
Website
JK3D.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Saber / 2009 Honda CR-V (the backup car)
Occupation
Maker and a professional high end geek.
Are those QuickJacks? How do you like them?
Yeah the 7000TL. I like them a lot. I use my workshop for a lot of things so not having perm 2 post is nice. And with the truck lift things its a solid close to 2ft of space under the truck. I was sitting up right under the truck doing the transfer case fluid change the other month.

Overall I've been using them for a year and really like them. Makes working on the truck and our car just easy.
 

5thranger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Jul 16, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
1,146
Reaction score
4,387
Location
kansas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Ranger Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
:curse: Okay you got me!!

I do have the next upgrade already on my truck…

Any guesses..?!?.. :sunglasses:
Oh, I don't know I will take a guess tail gate letters? Please understand we say what you buy all you have to do is pay for it.:devil:
 


Joejk3d

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Feb 3, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
99
Reaction score
316
Location
Denver & Nathrop, CO
Website
JK3D.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Saber / 2009 Honda CR-V (the backup car)
Occupation
Maker and a professional high end geek.
So far today: Finished the front alignment on the truck, and replaced the fan clutch hose!


1737409036881-2n.webp


The hose that was there, (its a 2019 and I was curious based on some service history if it was replaced already)... fell apart in my hands. All I did was put some light pressure on the engine side and it tore right off like clay.

Now on to swapping the plugs and changing the fluid in the trans.
 

FM AZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
Fred
Joined
Jul 5, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
119
Reaction score
699
Location
Vail, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger 4x4 Super Cab Lariat, 2005 Mustang V-6, 5-Speed
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt, and newly retired Airline Captain
Finished the build out in my Super Pacific X1 camper. Total cost for materials was just under $300. Had to buy a pneumatic Arrow staple gun; my hands couldn’t take any more manual stapling.

IMG_8079.jpeg


IMG_8085.jpeg


IMG_8089.jpeg


IMG_8086.jpeg


My brother is a woodworker and he is going to make me a “chuck box” to house the camp stove and kitchen stuff. That’s why the right rear corner is open. Otherwise, it’s all packed up and ready for the next trip.
IMG_8091.jpeg


The step ladder stores under those two straps on the tailgate.
IMG_8077.jpeg
 

Doc

Well-Known Member
First Name
Doc
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Threads
94
Messages
5,837
Reaction score
23,518
Location
Live oak fla
Vehicle(s)
2026 5.0 Mustang GT, 2024 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Finished the build out in my Super Pacific X1 camper. Total cost for materials was just under $300. Had to buy a pneumatic Arrow staple gun; my hands couldn’t take any more manual stapling.

IMG_8079.jpeg


IMG_8085.jpeg


IMG_8089.jpeg


IMG_8086.jpeg


My brother is a woodworker and he is going to make me a “chuck box” to house the camp stove and kitchen stuff. That’s why the right rear corner is open. Otherwise, it’s all packed up and ready for the next trip.
IMG_8091.jpeg


The step ladder stores under those two straps on the tailgate.
IMG_8077.jpeg
Cool !
 

gfitzge2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gregg
Joined
Nov 7, 2018
Threads
6
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
7,011
Location
Louisville, Kentucky
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
1
Took it to the car wash. As much as I hate to use commercial washes, I just couldn't look at all the salt any longer. Looks like that underbody wash on a 14 degree day might not have been the best choice. My perimeter alarm is on all the time now. Thaw is coming this weekend, cant be soon enough.

Cold ranger 01_25.jpg


At least the salt is gone for now. BTW i still like looking at it even coming up on 5 years.

cold ranger 1_25 washed.jpg
 

Realtruck

Diamond Sponsor
Joined
Aug 17, 2022
Threads
57
Messages
231
Reaction score
467
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Finished the build out in my Super Pacific X1 camper. Total cost for materials was just under $300. Had to buy a pneumatic Arrow staple gun; my hands couldn’t take any more manual stapling.

IMG_8079.jpeg


IMG_8085.jpeg


IMG_8089.jpeg


IMG_8086.jpeg


My brother is a woodworker and he is going to make me a “chuck box” to house the camp stove and kitchen stuff. That’s why the right rear corner is open. Otherwise, it’s all packed up and ready for the next trip.
IMG_8091.jpeg


The step ladder stores under those two straps on the tailgate.
IMG_8077.jpeg
This is amazing! What a great use of the bed space, and you did some seriously handy work putting it all together!
 

98RangerDave

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Dec 27, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
54
Reaction score
350
Location
Inland Empire CA
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX2 / 1997 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Finance
Installed the RCI engine (2 piece) skid plate today. Didn’t know the FX2 package came with the plastic skid plate….. wasn’t a fan of the fake look.

This is the 3/16 steel version. Super easy install, took under an hour.


IMG_5263.jpeg
IMG_5264.jpeg
IMG_5265.jpeg
IMG_5267.jpeg
 

Joejk3d

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Feb 3, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
99
Reaction score
316
Location
Denver & Nathrop, CO
Website
JK3D.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Saber / 2009 Honda CR-V (the backup car)
Occupation
Maker and a professional high end geek.
Trans fluid flushed (just 1x, I have enough fluid to do it again and may in a day or so).. the MBS trans dipstick/Tube is next level good for doing this!! Used a vacuum extractor to get 5L out in about 7 minutes.

1737425458033-s9.jpg


Also swapped the plugs, but that wasn't needed it turns out for 40K miles, they are in great shape, no sign of water either!
1737425549821-wj.jpg
 
 








Top