John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. I think i am to chicken to remove the wheel haha
why?

it isn't a critical part of the vehicle that if it fails could cause you to crash. . . .
Sponsored

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Had to tighten two of the FX4 skid plate screws. Very first oil change a couple days ago, and the Ford oil change tech didnā€™t tighten them back up enough. šŸ˜”
I could hear the skid plate rattling at certain speeds and over bumps.
At least they didnā€™t cross thread all the bolts. That was fun.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
received_324290680175340.jpeg

received_678388937677682.jpeg

Screw took it from ok to 20psi in a hurry... slowed once I got the weight off it. Luckily it's in the center and a new tire.

Sitting at Firestone atm. I think they are balancing it. I forgot to grab a picture of the last balancing job but... wow the number of weights they used. I'll add that if it looks as crazy this time as well.

SD4160

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electrical test technician
Finished wiring in forward facing camera. Pretty pleased with how it turned out, especially as a fairly quick project (albeit spread out over 2 weeks).
20230913_194243.jpg

Might reroute the wires under the grill for a slightly cleaner look, but this works for now.

Picture quality is more than adequate. I took a photo of the screen, but it was dark out and the quality did not translate.

For $50, this seems like a win.

Not sure what you would do if you don't have a front license plate bracket.

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Finished wiring in forward facing camera. Pretty pleased with how it turned out, especially as a fairly quick project (albeit spread out over 2 weeks).
20230913_194243.jpg

Might reroute the wires under the grill for a slightly cleaner look, but this works for now.

Picture quality is more than adequate. I took a photo of the screen, but it was dark out and the quality did not translate.

For $50, this seems like a win.

Not sure what you would do if you don't have a front license plate bracket.
Is that getting fed into an aftermarket Radio?

SD4160

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electrical test technician
Is that getting fed into an aftermarket Radio?
No, it hardwired to the screen mounted center in this picture.
20230908_103912.jpg

I hadn't seen any good, simple solutions for this. I'm surprised the Tremor didn't come with one stock TBH. Would have been a nice plug and play option for the rest of us.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Started loading Truck and travel trailer for a quick run up to Harpers Ferry for 4 days...do a bit of history sight-seeing and "town walking".
I love harpers ferry.

We would stop there while hiking and spend the afternoon sitting outside eatting ice cream... Nothing like cold ice cream after a few days on the trail.

And watching people rock climb across the river. Ahh the good ol' days...

@Grumpaw and exploring down the tow path. Paw paw tunnel and finding telegraph pole insulators. Now you're done it, I'm all nostalgic. šŸ˜‚

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I love harpers ferry.

We would stop there while hiking and spend the afternoon sitting outside eatting ice cream... Nothing like cold ice cream after a few days on the trail.

And watching people rock climb across the river. Ahh the good ol' days...

@Grumpaw and exploring down the tow path. Paw paw tunnel and finding telegraph pole insulators. Now you're done it, I'm all nostalgic. šŸ˜‚
I'm a history buff...have visited almost all the Civil War battlefields in Va, NC, SC, Tn, but never got around to Harpers Ferry.
We're not much of hikers, but do enjoy walking thru the small towns and villages we camp near....shopping and eating at local resteraunts We avoid large cities unless some type of major attraction we want to see.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a history buff...have visited almost all the Civil War battlefields in Va, NC, SC, Tn, but never got around to Harpers Ferry.
We're not much of hikers, but do enjoy walking thru the small towns and villages we camp near....shopping and eating at local resteraunts We avoid large cities unless some type of major attraction we want to see.
I'm not much of a hiker anymore, either.

I still take our daughter out to get her into the outdoors, but I prefer to drive to the tops of mountains now. šŸ˜‚

Growing up in Maryland there was so much awesome history there. (I grew up in Westminster, MD)

If you swing by Frederick it is a nice big but small city. Some great food downtown...

So many cool little towns along the Potomac there. Harper's ferry, little Orleans, Brunswick... Nothing major in any of those places, but they are just cool little towns. šŸ˜‚

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
Pulled from F100 Supernationals FB page...

30 Min Install.png

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Took advantage of some Labor Day sales and finally made my Truxedo CS rack useful. Added a Yakima LockNLoad B platform (60x54 inch) and a Yakima Major Shady 270 degree awning. This leaves me with a tonneau cover that I can open up under the towers/rails, and plenty of rack space too. Installation was easy peasy stock with the exception of the t-slot nuts for the awning that I had to grind down to fit the truxedo slots. The platform is attached with the LockNLoad crossbar clamps, but they needed the plastic on the u-bolts removed to work. So far, very happy!

IMG_2508.jpeg
Which tonneau cover do you have? I have the Ford-branded one, and would like to do something similar to what you have, but most of the set-ups I've seen don't seem to work real well with a tri-fold.

gkostolny

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2022 Ducati DesertX
Itā€™s a Bakflip MX4. The first two panels fold entirely open. The third folds up but is stopped by the front cross bar. I havenā€™t tried the prop rods but Iā€™d be a bit surprised if it opens far enough for them to work as without the rack. Works great for my needs so far though.
Sponsored