First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Shelly is also the 1st truck I've cared enough about to get good oil for, usually I use whatever is cheapest, Shelly got both oil and filter in the motorcraft flavor.
Shelly gets good lubrication she will perform well.
Sponsored

RD_Kona

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
I installed my dash cam (Rove R2) using the Dongar Technology mirror adapter.

Also, installed the Rok Blokz mud flaps. Not sure I’m a fan of them but needed to do something to keep mud, rocks, and gravel from flinging against the body.

IMG_1338.jpeg

IMG_1339.jpeg

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
@5280Ranger and I worked all day yesterday We installed new to me B&O speakers and sound deadening. This was super easy.

Also had a SUPER fun time putting the exhaust i bought on here on until we realized the front pipe was cut without any mention of it. Had to do some ghetto rigging to get me home but I’m getting it re-welding up today.

IMG_5235.jpeg

IMG_2795.jpeg

IMG_5234.jpeg

I'm Colo.Ranger on here... I joined the forum before my 5280Ranger persona was born. I was really surprised how much better the B&O sounded.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Sound proofed behind and under rear seat. Doors are next weekend. Helped calm what I consider obscene road noise in these rangers. (I drive A LOT - So, it matters)

Do you have an opinion on the Amazon Basics sound proofing material? Sometime I am looking at doing quite a bit throughout the truck and I am looking at a cost effective bulk product without spending a fortune for a quality of life thing.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Do you have an opinion on the Amazon Basics sound proofing material? Sometime I am looking at doing quite a bit throughout the truck and I am looking at a cost effective bulk product without spending a fortune for a quality of life thing.
Jack, take a look at Thermo Tec Acoustical Mat...it's both a heat and acoustical mat.
Haven't done my Ranger, but I did the cab of our previous E-450 Ford class c motorhome. They are notorious for noise and heat from the engine cover. Did the cover inside, doors, and floors. Cut down noise and heat from the engine cover went bye bye.
Bought the 36" x 60" on Amazon, but a number of years ago. Don't know what it's selling for now, but at the time was half the price of the name brand stuff.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Sound proofed behind and under rear seat. Doors are next weekend. Helped calm what I consider obscene road noise in these rangers. (I drive A LOT - So, it matters)
I did this and the doors. It makes a world of difference. My next project, sometime in the summer, is to do the rest of the tub. I've thought about the roof, but that seems like a lot and I don't know how much noise comes from there.

Siless Sound Deadener
I used ^this stuff. It's done really well. @Nopalito used some of the Amazon brand and it seems to do just fine. The Siless is on sale (41% off) so I would buy that now. Siless used to be Kilmat.

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I used this cheap a** stuff. Worked well. I am getting killmat for the doors because its thinner in those tight spaces and I believe the doors are what count most - so getting the good stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/GOSCHE-Deadening-Materials-Insulation-Vibration/dp/B09MCSZ6G7/ref=sxin_17_sbv_search_btf?content-id=amzn1.sym.eb70d5f1-a97f-4f21-abd1-981c224c14d0:amzn1.sym.eb70d5f1-a97f-4f21-abd1-981c224c14d0&cv_ct_cx=soundproofing+car+mat&keywords=soundproofing+car+mat&pd_rd_i=B09MCSZ6G7&pd_rd_r=9cc7d328-d084-4b8a-a903-28ee2eec74cc&pd_rd_w=XKY55&pd_rd_wg=gH2rJ&pf_rd_p=eb70d5f1-a97f-4f21-abd1-981c224c14d0&pf_rd_r=ZBK3577JBRXPSKMH7M44&qid=1684783832&sbo=RZvfv//HxDF+O5021pAnSA==&sr=1-17-4c553d48-cad0-4321-bb77-03208a7d6943&th=1
Sponsored