First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
was the hardware for the swing case correct? The drivers side on mine has broken hardware (the lock to prevent it from swing out).
I purchased the Swingcase brand and all the hardware was correct and in good order.
Sponsored

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Almost done with Version 3.5

Got a bit more electrical to finish then reinstall the remaining platform grates. I am hoping to take an extended road trip to something like SEMA in 2023.

The four main fabrications/projects left for the build are:

1. solar array and battery banks

2. on-board water tank systems (I am leaning towards the area where the spare tire would normally go under the bed with a 12v pumping system)

3. in-bed pull out tray (w/swing down support legs) for an RTT (Have an 8ft arb awning with tent attachment which I would like to have as a lounge/kitchen area by itself)

4. tail gate external fuel canister mount, that actually mounts via the rear of the tail gate and you can still use the tail gate.

IMG_20221201_175318.jpg

rtt_module1.jpg

rtt_module3.jpg

jerry_mount1.jpg

rtt_module2.jpg
Wow Jack that is quite the Ranger you have there. Between you and MISFIT TOY you guys are incredible.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
David those swing out boxes remove in a matter if minutes and they do lock in so no one can steal them. I love them. They are more expensive than rubbermaid totes but to each his own.

Box 1.jpg
Ugh on you guys!!! =D

This pic is making it hard for me to resist getting them! And for what I currently carry (on the floor under Cheech's custom supercab bed) PLUS the stuff I need to add to that (snow chains, collapsible shovel, etc), having two of these would probably fit it all.

I need to go out with a tape measure and wrap my head around this. Since I'm concerned with my precious dump capabilities. =D

But I gotta do something soon.

I have an old Craftsman carpenter's tool box that I need to see if the come-along fits in it. And I need to play around with a plastic bin, both of these are free options right now.

But this pic with double swing outs is hard to resist (I could even keep a bottle of @AzScorpion's Graphene Speed Detailer handy). =p

Thanks!

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT 2WD Sport
I contacted them just a little while ago to see if I can get some replacement hardware.

if the price isn’t too muchI’m going that route because overall my local dealership (who is also not that close) isn’t very inspiring to deal with. ?

I purchased the Swingcase brand and all the hardware was correct and in good order.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I contacted them just a little while ago to see if I can get some replacement hardware.

if the price isn’t too muchI’m going that route because overall my local dealership (who is also not that close) isn’t very inspiring to deal with. ?
Try bolt depot if you know what sizes you need.

They cost the same as local stores but save dealing with traffic and teens that play on their phones at the register...

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Not necessarily today, but this week I installed all my Black Friday impulse purchases.

DIode Dynamic SS3 Pro Fog lights went on, then back off...and then on again. Out of the box, they were pushed right up against the OEM fog light bezel, and as a result were pointing up into the eyes of oncoming traffic. Ended up throwing (3) 1.5mm nylon washers on each corner held in place with the handy man's secret weapon, duct tape, and was then able to get a better aim on them. Not sure if its perfect, but i think its probably good enough.

And to cap it off, just threw on the Morimoto side markers. For the price they charge, would have liked to have a proper OEM connector preinstalled, rather than having to use the factory bulb housing, but it went together simple enough and I'm quite happy with how they look.

20221127_143258.jpg

20221130_133155.jpg

20221202_110635.jpg

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s not the bolt but the plastic tab the box snaps into at the middle tie down anchor.
I’ve contacted them and waiting response.
Try bolt depot if you know what sizes you need.

They cost the same as local stores but save dealing with traffic and teens that play on their phones at the register...

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
It’s not the bolt but the plastic tab the box snaps into at the middle tie down anchor.
I’ve contacted them and waiting response.
Ah, yeah good luck there. You'll probably get told they buy from a third-party vendor and you'll have to buy a "kit" that's overpriced.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Fluid Filmed and Plugged the rocker holes to prep for the winter, I also sprayed areas of wheel wells.
and finally set up Sirus favorites, I have never had a subscription for it. Decided to try for 1 yr. at the discount (suck you in rate) $5 month for 1 year

BlueFoX4

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger FX4
More of a "what did you do this week" post, but still productive. Got my Softopper in and installed, Diode Dynamics fog kit, and thanks to @DblStuffed for the Mishimoto marker lights and the start/stop eliminator. I have some auxiliary to get installed soon too, just trying to decide on a switch system.
20221202_140002.jpg
20221202_140308.jpg
20221202_140259.jpg
20221202_140233.jpg

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love my satellite radio but there are times where I can drive for miles and every station all the songs suck. ?

Fluid Filmed and Plugged the rocker holes to prep for the winter, I also sprayed areas of wheel wells.
and finally set up Sirus favorites, I have never had a subscription for it. Decided to try for 1 yr. at the discount (suck you in rate) $5 month for 1 year

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an oil change done today (tried castrol edge this time with the Motorcraft filter), pulled a sample of old oil for a Blackstone Analysis, tires rotated, swing boxes installed (a part on drivers side is broken), and installed Auxito headlights and fog lights.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Installed 24 RUBBER PLUGS, 20 under the rocker panels and 2 on each side under the floor pans.

And since I installed an new engine cover and hood struts on the Ranger a few days ago ....my 2020 Escape became jealous and demanded the same treatment. So I thought it was best to keep the peace out in the garage. (Apparently Ford decided to delete the covers on the Escapes too :mad:)

20221103_160721.jpg

20221103_160808.jpg
Thanks for the plug link, just ordered them.

I expect less wind noise and more HP, plus better mileage and greater babe magnetism! =)

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Thanks for the plug link, just ordered them.

I expect less wind noise and more HP, plus better mileage and greater babe magnetism! =)
I can not answer those questions.

I haven't had it out of the garage since October 4th, and I've only driven it 35 miles since it was delivered to me on Sept. 6th

Once winter is gone and theres no more salt on the roads and I get to go for a drive, I expect there will be no wind noise, an incredible HP increase, possibly 65 MPG, and more women that a guy could ever want (....wait.....one is more than enough, so maybe the magnet thing is no bonus)
Sponsored

Last edited: