Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

LB'sTremor

Well-Known Member
First Name
Loren
Joined
Mar 17, 2022
Threads
22
Messages
567
Reaction score
1,544
Location
Tampa
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
I'd be in an f150 if it wasn't a mortgage payment for the powerboost...
It's only $68K!!??? I got on it and was really impressed how the 5.0 sounded only to get home and spot the ecoboost on the tailgate... Tha V8 sound from the radio is hilarious :) makes me chuckle just thinking about it

LB
Sponsored

 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
It's only $68K!!??? I got on it and was really impressed how the 5.0 sounded only to get home and spot the ecoboost on the tailgate... Tha V8 sound from the radio is hilarious :) makes me chuckle just thinking about it

LB
LOL

When I was truck shopping I started at the full-size trucks and the gf started to give me the look when I was talking about spending >70k ok a truck.... So when I told her my ranger was only 45 she was over the moon... LOL

Also, my nickname on another forum is LB.... Strange.
 

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,669
Reaction score
20,630
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
took ol silver in to get the windshield recall done, they gave me a spankin new 150 Lariet FX4 as a loaner (200 Miles on it). Ohh how roomy! if that would fit in the garage the wife would lose this one! :)
20220709_130730682_iOS.jpg
20221115_124911242_iOS.jpg
That's the primary reason I bought the Ranger...the F-150 wouldn't fit in the garage.
Glad now that it worked out that way.
By the way, I think your truck is prettier.
 

Glocker

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Feb 11, 2020
Threads
99
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
8,506
Location
Boca Raton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
1
Ewwwww

Part out?
I had seen one of these done on a 2019 Ranger during the short time I worked at a Ford dealership after moving to Florida. It's a complete dash out operation and HUGE in book time!
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
I had seen one of these done on a 2019 Ranger during the short time I worked at a Ford dealership after moving to Florida. It's a complete dash out operation and HUGE in book time!
I remember the picture you posted of it. That right there scared me enough into thinking they would never get mine back together without rattling. lol I know some have had theirs done with good results but many others said theirs squeaks/rattles now. That would drive me more crazy than having to spend 15 minutes twice a year manually changing mine over.
 


subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
This has to be the easiest mod yet, even easier than putting in the Husky liners (which I placed over a wrench that took me 30 minutes to locate!). =D

The Start-X was so easy, just a little awkward to first plug in, but super easy. The "programming" went just like the couple of steps illustrated and it works! Maybe took five minutes from start to finish, including getting the flashlight out of the glove box.

I have Ford Pass but typically have my location turned off (not that I'm paranoid, my colander helmet shields me anyway), and then it takes close to a minute for the app to actually load up and then another lag before the truck actually starts. And, not too often, but it'll go to deep sleep and can't be started (that sucks). Plus I want to start the truck as I'm walking to it from the store and now be fumbling with a phone (damn Al Gore internet, that'll blow over soon enough, it's just a fad). =p

Start-X is like magic and it starts withing 10 seconds. This is one of the best mods, for me, so far.

Just follow the directions and the easy to understand LED lights guide you easily to success (don't mind the filthy floor mat, this is a pickup truck). =p

IMG_20221117_160856406.jpg


Final step - stick the instructions in the overpriced, and previously deleted, owner's manual bag.

IMG_20221117_161254045.webp


Start-X is Old Man Approved and endorsed for Dump Runs!

Works on 2022s: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F422Y98
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
This has to be the easiest mod yet, even easier than putting in the Husky liners (which I placed over a wrench that took me 30 minutes to locate!). =D

The Start-X was so easy, just a little awkward to first plug in, but super easy. The "programming" went just like the couple of steps illustrated and it works! Maybe took five minutes from start to finish, including getting the flashlight out of the glove box.

I have Ford Pass but typically have my location turned off (not that I'm paranoid, my colander helmet shields me anyway), and then it takes close to a minute for the app to actually load up and then another lag before the truck actually starts. And, not too often, but it'll go to deep sleep and can't be started (that sucks). Plus I want to start the truck as I'm walking to it from the store and now be fumbling with a phone (damn Al Gore internet, that'll blow over soon enough, it's just a fad). =p

Start-X is like magic and it starts withing 10 seconds. This is one of the best mods, for me, so far.

Just follow the directions and the easy to understand LED lights guide you easily to success (don't mind the filthy floor mat, this is a pickup truck). =p

IMG_20221117_160856406.jpg


Final step - stick the instructions in the overpriced, and previously deleted, owner's manual bag.

IMG_20221117_161254045.webp


Start-X is Old Man Approved and endorsed for Dump Runs!

Works on 2022s: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F422Y98
Paper manuals, what are you 97 y/o?
 

Fordup

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Jun 3, 2022
Threads
20
Messages
2,200
Reaction score
10,741
Location
NY
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I had to put air in the tires. Dropped almost 45 degrees the last week and they are shrinking from the cold. My last vehicles had nitrogen and were stable. That dash pressure readout is right on with my gauge.
 

IdahoRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Threads
14
Messages
4,526
Reaction score
22,588
Location
Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I had to put air in the tires. Dropped almost 45 degrees the last week and they are shrinking from the cold. My last vehicles had nitrogen and were stable. That dash pressure readout is right on with my gauge.
Yeah, I need to do the same.
 

KennethOwenReid

Active Member
First Name
Liam
Joined
Sep 20, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
29
Reaction score
26
Location
Chilliwack, BC, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor Lariat
Occupation
Mechanic
just purchased a pillar lights and brackets (putco brackets and amazon lights) still researching better leds. picked up a new tough stuff alpha 2 roof top tent so replace my worn out nomad soft top. just installed smoked led mirror signal lights. next ill be looking into an extrusion overland xtr1 bed rack, hopefully by the spring.
 

NeilP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Neil
Joined
Aug 28, 2022
Threads
27
Messages
510
Reaction score
1,671
Location
Spearfish, South Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
I watched a video today and discovered there is a right and a wrong way to connect a trickle charger to vehicles with the BMS. Went out & opened the hood to check if I did it right. Somehow I did.

Interesting video from FordTechMakuloco's youtube channel
 

Bsthroop

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
Oct 4, 2022
Threads
6
Messages
479
Reaction score
2,261
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Mounted my tool box using the rivet nuts in the bed. Next phase will be to install the fuel cell in the box.

20221117_163221.jpg


20221117_163227.webp


20221117_163741.webp
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Paper manuals, what are you 97 y/o?
I gotta put something in my overpriced owner's manual baggie thing! =p

I'm not 97 but my body feels that way some times!

You know, it's funny to be the same age as old folks ....
 

LB'sTremor

Well-Known Member
First Name
Loren
Joined
Mar 17, 2022
Threads
22
Messages
567
Reaction score
1,544
Location
Tampa
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
I had to put air in the tires. Dropped almost 45 degrees the last week and they are shrinking from the cold. My last vehicles had nitrogen and were stable. That dash pressure readout is right on with my gauge.
yeah, a lot of things shrink in the cold...

LB
Sponsored

 
 








Top