Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

Glocker

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Feb 11, 2020
Threads
99
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
8,506
Location
Boca Raton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
1
Thanks, that does help. I'm torn trying to choose 5100's or the aftermarket drive shaft next. On the highway, it feels like all 4 wheels are out of balance. Pretty annoying.
Aftermarket shocks clean up the ride on these trucks unbelievably. Comparatively, driving home after installing Eibach's on my truck, it felt like a sports car. I'll never forget driving over an overpass on the interstate with really wide expansion joints and my truck feeling as if it was on the edge of control.

As for your vibration, have you had your wheel balance checked? Several months after I had larger tires installed, I was getting a vibration at highway speeds. There was a sweet spot that it would come in, but I can't remember the speed. I decided to start at the cheapest thing to fix to possibly solve that, and that was a wheel balance on all four wheels. It fixed it up perfectly and I've since done a couple 9 hour drives on top of my usual driving without the vibration reappearing.
Sponsored

 

Dr3wDrop

Well-Known Member
First Name
Andrew
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
40
Messages
1,274
Reaction score
2,376
Location
OHIO
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Read the original LineX owner left... Started his own new compete... Called Bullet Liner
I had some rockers coated by Bullet Liner on my last jeep. They looked good but the compound is soft and when tightening bolts to hold the rockers on the liner squeezed out like playdough and had to be cut off with a sharp blade and sealed with bathroom caulking. Just my experience.
 

Jbrubakerjr

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jim
Joined
Mar 11, 2022
Threads
19
Messages
971
Reaction score
2,199
Location
Woodstock, GA
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Read the original LineX owner left... Started his own new compete... Called Bullet Liner
Well maybe I need to find Bullet Liner as an option. The video was dated.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Doc

Tilly

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
46
Location
Bay Area, Ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Retired
Thanks, that does help. I'm torn trying to choose 5100's or the aftermarket drive shaft next. On the highway, it feels like all 4 wheels are out of balance. Pretty annoying.
What size Toyo's? Post some pics!
[/QUOTE]
 


Bsenecal

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 21, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
656
Reaction score
1,898
Location
Milton Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
20220406_144623.jpg

We ordered ours last nov and it came the beginning of april. They told us to expect it to take a year. It's my wife's dd and she loves it. It will be worth the wait.
Ours is a 2 door hardtop with the Sasquatch package and lux package which both seem to add to the delay ☹
Brian
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
So it's true then, a good coat of 303 adds horsepower ?
Oh, I see what you did there! LOL

Yes it does and, in combination with the damper, not only is it mucho macho but a babe magnet too! =p

Look out world, here comes Soupie! =D
 

AndyMedic

Well-Known Member
First Name
Andy
Joined
Jul 18, 2021
Threads
11
Messages
337
Reaction score
1,344
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Paramedic
Adding my midland 275, antenna wire to the engine bay, and wiring for ditch lights and other goodies. I’m using a Lightforce fascia with dual switches. Should be all installed tomorrow. Everything will be ran off relays.

11F52D09-B413-46F5-8A64-A8DC7032FFF7.jpeg


37C4C8B2-EA86-4E30-8F77-0124905F1740.jpeg


8E5775D4-C006-44E9-9EBB-CFB443AA633C.jpeg
 

Jbrubakerjr

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jim
Joined
Mar 11, 2022
Threads
19
Messages
971
Reaction score
2,199
Location
Woodstock, GA
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
What did I do to my Ranger today? Well, I clay bared it and good wax job. ?
How did you find doing the clay bar? And what did you use?

Looks like a lot of work but it also looks like I could get rid of the zillions of tiny oak tree sap dots on mine.
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
How did you find doing the clay bar? And what did you use?

Looks like a lot of work but it also looks like I could get rid of the zillions of tiny oak tree sap dots on mine.
Its not that much work...

After you wash the truck use a quality fine clay bar, with plenty of lube and just let the clay glide over the surface. Don't apply a lot of pressure to the clay, because it will scratch/Mar your clear coat.

I use a piece of clay that is about as big as four fingers and flatten it about the diameter of a hockey Puck... You'll feel when it starts picking stuff up, just turn it and mix it in on occasion. If it drops on the ground, toss it. It will pick up literal rocks from the ground that will make you regret it....

You can also use a chemical decon - I use iron-x... It stinks, and turns purple when it picks up iron deposits, but it's just spray it in dry, clean paint or wheels let it work for a few minutes and spray it off.... (I generally wash the vehicle again when I'm done deconing, but I'm extra)
Sponsored

 
 








Top