Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
so I checked real quick with a meter and all my fuses are good both under dash and under hood. although I had a weird reading on fuse 32 under dash it was negative ohms for a moment and fuse 33 had a high ohms as well when I went to re check and replace they were reading fine go figure
Sponsored

 
  • Like
Reactions: Doc

Azhang253

Well-Known Member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
160
Reaction score
319
Location
SW Michigan
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
I'm stuck on 2wd no 4wd. my guess is that too or popping am axle out. I'm going to check fuses too. visibly I don't see any wires pinched nor stretched but I did accidentally catch some air with it ?. thank you for input
Good luck! This guy has similar issues due to abs sensor:
 

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Good luck! This guy has similar issues due to abs sensor:
nice I will look at that tomorrow morning. I may have pinched the lines on either driver or passenger when I caught some gnarly air or I could have over extended the rear ones but I would have expected the brake lines to go with. Again thank you so much.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Doc

RunBeerFish

Well-Known Member
First Name
Nick
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
57
Reaction score
100
Location
Gilbert, AZ
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Substation Electrician
D
IMG_20220917_154312.webp
IMG_20220917_170657.webp
IMG_20220917_181422.webp

I finally got around to installing my front bumper lights (Nilight) and wired them into the upfitter switches. I ordered the darn things when I bought the truck. They fit really nicely with the ACC sensor. FYI, there was no need to drop the skid plate for the install. All I need now is to install a wedge washer behind the lights to give me a little more angle and add some adjustability.The brackets that came with the lights don't have enough slot to give the right angle. My son said lift the front end an inch to help with the lights angle. Smart kid. so installed some backup/camp lights (Nilight) also wired to the upfitter switches. It looks like the monsoons are over, so tomorrow I'll wash it....
IMG_20220917_203120.webp
 

John_Kriner

Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 16, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
18
Reaction score
97
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Nice idea! I like that. Any chance you could snap a picture a few feet away or of the whole bed? I'd like to see the overall look. I know, they're only $6 and I could get one and try it out but I don't have a HF close to me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Doc


Fx4ranger2019Larait

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ricky
Joined
Jun 12, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
224
Reaction score
732
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
I don't think I have never seen plastidip done well.

You sir, are an artist. Don't know if it's the colour, or what, but looks amazing.
Thank you I used to paint cars at a dealership right after high school. I just did a couple of flash coats before I applied final two coats. A flash coat is just a light coat then let it dry. (for those who don’t know) Here’s the video I watched. I just removed the emblems first Instead of painting them on vehicle.
 

Tracy Bowman

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tracy
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Threads
25
Messages
5,526
Reaction score
28,676
Location
Alabama
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Picked up Ranger from Classic Soft Trim yesterday. Happy with the moonroof install overall, but disappointed that a number of 'features' were left out, compared to previous installations. Keep in mind this is a Signature/ASC product and not a Webasto product.

First Signature/ASC Ranger installation in my local area, perhaps nationwide, according to the local shop. No dedicated installation 'kit' for 5g Ranger.

My previous S197 Mustang and Mercury Marauder (panther body) had Signature/ASC moonroofs installed by the same shop.

Both had: Auto Close when wipers turned on and Auto Close when vehicle turned off. Current setup on 5g Ranger has neither. Ranger does have Auto Close when the driver's door is opened. Auto Close can be stopped by depressing any button on the control unit.

Signature/ASC inbuilt (slides into the roof) Moonroof, 840 model. $1,699 plus sales tax installed.

Control unit illuminates 'red' after dark, same as previous units.

IMG_1664.JPG


IMG_1665.JPG


IMG_1666.JPG


IMG_1667.JPG


IMG_1668.JPG


IMG_1669.JPG


IMG_1670.JPG


IMG_1671.JPG


IMG_1672.JPG


IMG_1673.JPG
Very nice!
 

philanderer

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Feb 7, 2022
Threads
16
Messages
1,232
Reaction score
6,625
Location
land of oz
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger cactus scab
removed the front air dam. screw the potential drop in mpg, the truck just looks better with it off. i like being able to see more of the tread on the tires. thanks to the op of this writeup. not sure i would have been able to figure out how to get the 3 middle bolts out without it.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/front-air-dam-removed.7562/

and put on the go rhino exhaust tip. originally was going to put some kind of turndown underneath (had the mbrp turndown catback on my raptor) but this looks so good i will go with it for awhile. and i think it gave me a 3-4 hp increase. :LOL:

1663607951617.webp

1663608018427.webp
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Joined
Oct 20, 2021
Threads
24
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
2,689
Location
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
The paint code is on the sticker in the door and you can get Ford paint pens for under $20.

https://www.amazon.com/Ford-PMPC-19500-7289A-Touch-Up-Paint/dp/B00XQ0FNEY/ref=asc_df_B00XQ0FNEY/


paint-jpg.jpg
Previous detail shop asked me to buy a genuine Mopar paint pen for a very minor scratch on the RR door of my 300 - probably can't see it at 25ft. Under $20. Asked me to leave the car overnight for car cleaning and scratch repair. Picked up car the next day - car cleaned up but scratch not repaired.

Was told I had purchased the wrong item but wouldn't tell me why it was wrong. Was also told they could no longer clean my vehicles because they were short handed and recommended someone else - apparently a fellow church member.

Dang, felt like I got slapped twice....
 

Sanctus Rimor

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
264
Reaction score
904
Location
here not there
Vehicle(s)
truck
Last edited:

Rhino

Well-Known Member
First Name
jacob
Joined
May 26, 2022
Threads
7
Messages
1,685
Reaction score
3,891
Location
idk help!
Vehicle(s)
2017f150 scarb? 4x4, 24 xr150L , 2023 klx300r, 24 tenere 700
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
1
@Colo_Ranger @Rhino installed the f150 shocks. I definitely will need limiting straps for any hard wheeling. I can have the jacks at 21 inches from ground to frame and I'm still firmly planted. from ground to bottom wheel arch 48.25 inches from bump stop to top of leafs 10 inches. ride feels smooth I have a few more inches of travel but I can't due to brake lines, parking brake lines, and wheel speed sensor lines. Also someone on here said the axle doesn't have a drain plug which it does.

20220917_124500.webp


20220917_124428.jpg


20220917_124413.jpg


20220917_123823.jpg


20220917_123736.webp


20220917_123707.webp


20220917_123644.webp


20220917_120431.jpg


20220917_115327.jpg
Not to shabby but I wouldn’t bother with straps get longer brake lines and other stuff and get the full use of your extended shocks that’s what u did with my tacoma the only time I’ve seen people need straps for a rear end is when it’s linked and long travel
 
 








Top