Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
First place to look when throwing multiple codes is fuses...next on list is wiring harness connections....
I did I checked all 3 panels both positive 125a fuse to bussbar and 50a I believe
then the fuses under the cover under hood as well as under dash. no blown fuses. wiring doesn't look stretched or pinched but I haven't done any meter readings on wiring yet.
Sponsored

 

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
all the faults forscan showing. @Rhino looks like I did over extend the rearend lol. I'll splice and remove that section of wiring and solder a longer section in.

20220919_210450.jpg


20220919_210425.jpg


20220919_210409.jpg


20220919_210358.jpg


20220919_210347.jpg


20220919_210326.jpg


20220919_210304.jpg
 

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Joined
Oct 20, 2021
Threads
24
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
2,689
Location
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Couple of problems with that link...
paintpen.jpg



There's an Auto Zone across from that Oreilly. Their parking lot was pristine. Wonder if that speaks to level of clientele/pricing?

Took 4 stops before I found the right color. Didn't have the Motorcraft. Got a Dupli-Color brand. Not really looking like the perfect match they claim.
Amazon doesn’t deliver to Hawaii??
 

Sanctus Rimor

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
264
Reaction score
904
Location
here not there
Vehicle(s)
truck
Certain things. That prob falls under haz-mat because it's flammable. Most of our mail travels on commercial flights. Can't order things like battery packs, and some sellers won't ship things with internal batteries either. Depends on the seller, I think. I found others that would ship the paint pens.

REI is another one that's supper nanny about it. they wouldn't even ship me a Garmin.
 
Last edited:

Rhino

Well-Known Member
First Name
jacob
Joined
May 26, 2022
Threads
7
Messages
1,685
Reaction score
3,891
Location
idk help!
Vehicle(s)
2017f150 scarb? 4x4, 24 xr150L , 2023 klx300r, 24 tenere 700
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
1
money, money, and some research. I need to see if f150 rear lines are longer as well as parking brake lines also see if they'll work if they do ill go with that. but for now till then before I damage more stuff I'll probably make some chain straps until I get funds and research and cross reference stuff. hopefully my fuck ups and adventures help others though.
all the faults forscan showing. @Rhino looks like I did over extend the rearend lol. I'll splice and remove that section of wiring and solder a longer section in.

20220919_210450.jpg


20220919_210425.jpg


20220919_210409.jpg


20220919_210358.jpg


20220919_210347.jpg


20220919_210326.jpg


20220919_210304.jpg
Ah makes sense but also what’s forscan lol
 


Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Ah makes sense but also what’s forscan lol
idk if you're messing with me or not, but forscan is scan tool that allows you to scan all modules and programs on ford, lincoln and mazda. also allows to make changes in the way relays open and close chabging parameters in which your vehicle reads the pcm
 

mokupilot

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
283
Reaction score
1,392
Location
The Aloha State ?
Vehicle(s)
22 DeeZee Lariat Tremor, 09 Escape Limited
Occupation
Heavy aluminum tube logistics and transportation ✈
Certain things. That prob falls under haz-mat because it's flammable. Most of our mail travels on commercial flights. Can't order things like battery packs, and some sellers won't ship things with internal batteries either. Depends on the seller, I think. I found others that would ship the paint pens.

REI is another one that's supper nanny about it. they wouldn't even ship me a Garmin.
Isn’t that just great? I love when Amazon suggests that I just simply change my address to something 2000+ miles away. I feel your pain. When I need batteries, I turn to ebay those guys ship whatever with zero cares. I think I got my hot pepper red paint pen from ebay too.
 

Sanctus Rimor

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
264
Reaction score
904
Location
here not there
Vehicle(s)
truck
Isn’t that just great? I love when Amazon suggests that I just simply change my address to something 2000+ miles away. I feel your pain. When I need batteries, I turn to ebay those guys ship whatever with zero cares. I think I got my hot pepper red paint pen from ebay too.
Best Buy too. I swear...they'd ship C4 if they had it. hahaaa... #islandlife.
 

DangerRanger8721

Well-Known Member
First Name
Drew
Joined
Sep 14, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
89
Reaction score
190
Location
Pa
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
It’s not what I did more like what I’m going to do….HOWEVER what I did do today (well last night) I ordered a trac electronics one touch up/down module for my passenger side window (supercab). They’re based in Australia so it’ll be a bit till I get it, but I’m excited nonetheless. I wish they just had that as a feature.
 

Rhino

Well-Known Member
First Name
jacob
Joined
May 26, 2022
Threads
7
Messages
1,685
Reaction score
3,891
Location
idk help!
Vehicle(s)
2017f150 scarb? 4x4, 24 xr150L , 2023 klx300r, 24 tenere 700
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
1
idk if you're messing with me or not, but forscan is scan tool that allows you to scan all modules and programs on ford, lincoln and mazda. also allows to make changes in the way relays open and close chabging parameters in which your vehicle reads the pcm
Ah not messing with you I’ve never looked into anything about forscan so tbh never really figured out what it is
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Hmm, I guess because you're in Hawai'i? I send games there on occasion and postage is the same as any other US state for me (that's via USPS).

But I suppose the real issue is that this paint is Adult? As in XXX? LOL

Glad you found some but that's a bummer if it doesn't match.

And if I'm guessing right, yours is a white Ranger and white automotive paint is very difficult to match because blue is added to white to make it look brighter. From my understaniding, that's what those little blue crystals are in things like Tide detergent, they actually slightly tint your whites to make them look brighter.

Good luck with what should have been minor but is now turning into a true PIA! =(
 

Cabose-1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eli
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
2,020
Reaction score
7,657
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT, 4x2, Advance Tow, E-Locker
Occupation
Student
all the faults forscan showing. @Rhino looks like I did over extend the rearend lol. I'll splice and remove that section of wiring and solder a longer section in.

20220919_210450.jpg


20220919_210425.jpg


20220919_210409.jpg


20220919_210358.jpg


20220919_210347.jpg


20220919_210326.jpg


20220919_210304.jpg
Dude!! So what happens when these trucks go on lifts???? The tires and axles or front axles, 2wd 4x4 , etc just hang from the truck! Oh well, glad you found the problem. Maybe it was the jarring shock of the bounce, who knows?
 

Cabose-1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eli
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
2,020
Reaction score
7,657
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT, 4x2, Advance Tow, E-Locker
Occupation
Student
Before and after pics.
The bed cover installs like crap! Really? Thats the best it can fit? Oh well, used ford points and it will help my tailgate from getting really scratched up.

And of course
The tailgate strut assist re-install!!!

20220920_132147.jpg


20220920_132249.jpg


20220920_135410.jpg
 
 








Top