Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Joined
Oct 20, 2021
Threads
24
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
2,689
Location
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Finally put the factory mud flaps on and added the Ford bug deflector. Went with the textured black one that matches all the other plastic on the truck so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Went with the stick on one because in snow country the ones with a gap don't last long in the winter ( ask me how I know).
Finally got the courage to try the buffer and buffed it all out then waxed it. It took all the paint defects ( probably caused by acid rain and sitting in that parking lot for months) off and now I have the shine I have been looking for. Shiny but not wet looking. Installed a cheap dashcam also.
Costco has the best deal on microfiber towels if you are a member.
IMG_2374sm.JPG
IMG_2377sm.JPG
IMG_2381sm.JPG
IMG_2382sm.JPG
IMG_2383sm.JPG
IMG_2384sm.webp
IMG_2388sm.webp
IMG_2389sm.webp
The Black Lariat looks surprisingly good - the first I've seen. What is the VIOFO device next to the rear view mirror?

Edit: Just saw your entry about 'a cheap dash cam'....
Sponsored

 

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Joined
Oct 20, 2021
Threads
24
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
2,689
Location
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Installed a wireless charger and put a dash cam on the new Ranger!

20220917_153302.jpg


20220917_153236.jpg


20220917_153230.jpg
Dang!! Another 'Dollar Tree' dash cam like the one given to me as a christmas present (just installed recently in my Chrysler). :)

IMG_16071.webp
 

Cabose-1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eli
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
2,020
Reaction score
7,659
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT, 4x2, Advance Tow, E-Locker
Occupation
Student
Dang!! Another 'Dollar Tree' dash cam like the one given to me as a christmas present (just installed recently in my Chrysler). :)

IMG_16071.JPG
I buy the cheap black web cameras from wally world. 30 bucks. They last about 2 years then i just get another one. Saved my bacon last incident i had. Even if dollar tree still worth having. Heat and sd cards being the weak spot. Maybe on one of those 300 dollar ones it would be good for life???
 

Fordup

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Jun 3, 2022
Threads
20
Messages
2,199
Reaction score
10,734
Location
NY
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
The Black Lariat looks surprisingly good - the first I've seen. What is the VIOFO device next to the rear view mirror?

Edit: Just saw your entry about 'a cheap dash cam'....
It's an older model with only a front camera but had very good reviews. Nice clear videos for under $100.
 


Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Joined
Oct 20, 2021
Threads
24
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
2,689
Location
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I buy the cheap black web cameras from wally world. 30 bucks. They last about 2 years then i just get another one. Saved my bacon last incident i had. Even if dollar tree still worth having. Heat and sd cards being the weak spot. Maybe on one of those 300 dollar ones it would be good for life???
SD cards seem to be the item most prone to failure. Have already replaced the SD card in my Ford/Thinkware camera (Ranger) - bumped up from 16GB to 32GB - from Walmart. Thinkware wants a ridiculous amount for their SD cards...
 

Fordup

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Jun 3, 2022
Threads
20
Messages
2,199
Reaction score
10,734
Location
NY
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
SD cards seem to be the item most prone to failure. Have already replaced the SD card in my Ford/Thinkware camera (Ranger) - bumped up from 16GB to 32GB - from Walmart. Thinkware wants a ridiculous amount for their SD cards...
Mine needed the Samsung pro endurance sd card made especially for body cams and dash cams. The 128 GB is only $19 on Amazon.
 

Azhang253

Well-Known Member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
160
Reaction score
319
Location
SW Michigan
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
Finally put the factory mud flaps on and added the Ford bug deflector. Went with the textured black one that matches all the other plastic on the truck so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Went with the stick on one because in snow country the ones with a gap don't last long in the winter ( ask me how I know).
Finally got the courage to try the buffer and buffed it all out then waxed it. It took all the paint defects ( probably caused by acid rain and sitting in that parking lot for months) off and now I have the shine I have been looking for. Shiny but not wet looking. Installed a cheap dashcam also.
Costco has the best deal on microfiber towels if you are a member.
IMG_2374sm.JPG
IMG_2377sm.JPG
IMG_2381sm.JPG
IMG_2382sm.JPG
IMG_2383sm.JPG
IMG_2384sm.JPG
IMG_2388sm.JPG
IMG_2389sm.JPG
What do you think about bug deflectors, do they actually work?
 

Fordup

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Jun 3, 2022
Threads
20
Messages
2,199
Reaction score
10,734
Location
NY
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
What do you think about bug deflectors, do they actually work?
I do not know about this one yet. Just stuck it on and it had to sit in the garage 72 hours for the tape to achieve full adhesion before getting wet. My windshield and the front of the hood are always covered with bug parts. Hopefully it will do the job. If nothing else it will protect the front edge from stone chips and be easy to clean. I'll do an update after a couple trips. It seems to be a very tough plastic that is flexible but not sure how expansion from heat will affect the tape mounting over time.
 

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
well I did a little oops lmao. fuck I'll trouble shoot tomorrow but if anyone has any pointers on where I should look first would be of some help. short story long I caught some major air and set of the dash like a afghan jingle truck or Christmas tree lmao. advance trak is saying there's a fault, hill assist fault, pre collision fault, terrain management fault. I'm almost willing to bet it has to do with front half shafts maybe one popped out slightly but what I don't understand is why would it set off other error codes. maybe i do need to do the differential drop sooner than later. o and I have an abs light on too which may be from over stretching rear.

20220917_194901.webp


20220917_194857.webp


20220917_194856.webp


20220917_194830.webp
 

Azhang253

Well-Known Member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
160
Reaction score
319
Location
SW Michigan
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
well I did a little oops lmao. fuck I'll trouble shoot tomorrow but if anyone has any pointers on where I should look first would be of some help. short story long I caught some major air and set of the dash like a afghan jingle truck or Christmas tree lmao. advance trak is saying there's a fault, hill assist fault, pre collision fault, terrain management fault. I'm almost willing to bet it has to do with front half shafts maybe one popped out slightly but what I don't understand is why would it set off other error codes. maybe i do need to do the differential drop sooner than later. o and I have an abs light on too which may be from over stretching rear.

20220917_194901.webp


20220917_194857.webp


20220917_194856.webp


20220917_194830.webp
My guess is that you have an issue with one of the wheel speed sensors. All those faulted systems rely on input from your wheel speed sensors. Check and see if you’ve still got 4x4 or if it defaults to 2wd. I think the bronco will do that if it loses a wheel speed sensor (not 100% sure about that.)
 

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
My guess is that you have an issue with one of the wheel speed sensors. All those faulted systems rely on input from your wheel speed sensors. Check and see if you’ve still got 4x4 or if it defaults to 2wd. I think the bronco will do that if it loses a wheel speed sensor (not 100% sure about that.)
I'm stuck on 2wd no 4wd. my guess is that too or popping am axle out. I'm going to check fuses too. visibly I don't see any wires pinched nor stretched but I did accidentally catch some air with it ?. thank you for input
 

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,667
Reaction score
20,625
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
What do you think about bug deflectors, do they actually work?
Mine does...to an extent.
Bugs are always gonna get through.
Just like the highway rocks do.
Dagnabbit.
Sponsored

 
 








Top