What did you do to your Ranger today?

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
She's pretty phenomenal and all over the web - you've got every right to be very proud. =)

https://www.terralightfoot.com/

I may be biased since I'm Canadian.
Thanks for the kind words. She's worked very hard to get where she is today. It's not an easy business but there are some amazing perks to go along with the extensive travel and record company execs lol. It's very bizarre going to see your kid share the bill with Willie Nelson I'll tell you that much??
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
IMG_20220706_160615.jpg

Put a Ranger5G sticker thingy on ol' Ferd, finally.

The other smaller one is my oldest daughter Terra Lightfoot, a rock and roller if you are into that sort of thing. Check her out on YouTube if you have a couple minutes. I am pretty proud of her, and the fact I get to rep her on my truck like this is pretty sweet for a Dad ?
Very talented young lady, Jim!:)

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very talented young lady, Jim!:)
Thanks Tracey! I would like to say she takes after me, but i didn't learn to play guitar until about 7 years ago.

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Installed my Ford emblem overlays to the front and rear.
6B44273B-C567-427F-8752-29C26DF10ED9.jpeg

5CDCDC0B-3044-4D01-AF0F-00C326D7D4F2.jpeg

I really like the blacked out look. How durable they are has yet to be seen. Hopefully they last a long time. If not I see a lot of work in my future removing and painting them.
Alright…I should have known better. The vinyl overlays were NOT the way to go. Washed my truck and be damned the front one bubbled up. It’s my own fault for trying to cheap out on it…so I ordered these:
1FC5F091-8F63-4004-97FD-2A5E20D9D4AE.jpeg

They’ll be here tomorrow.:handsinair:

Also, my AVS Aeroskin II deflector arrived today and I’ll be installing it this weekend along with the blacked out emblems.:rockon: And the pièce de résistance…on Monday my DeeZee tailgate damper:muscle: will be here!:LOL: Can’t wait.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Got my new Auxbeam lights mounted today. I took the grille off and wired them underneath. I really hate exposed wires. They are a little tight, so I will have to give the wires some slack to adjust the angles (see last picture). I'm very happy with v1 of this install though. The lights even have a little rubber mat for each light to keep them from rattling.

SQPq7AJD3hpZhIz254ItHDbw=w1098-h1464-no?authuser=1.jpg

I have them wired so I can run the DRL section at the bottom.

bC4NoWsam9V3rwBAH0MtQR9A=w1098-h1464-no?authuser=1.jpg

or I can run the whole shebang. These lights are ridiculously bright. I can see them on my neighbor's house during the day...

-SsNBHebiyg_wA__v7wjiCpw=w1098-h1464-no?authuser=1.jpg

They are pointed together because I mounted them by eye, before I wired them up. I will adjust them.

Ger5SypWXzpRb_raugr6izTg=w1098-h1464-no?authuser=1.jpg

The reason this is v1 of the installation is because the wiring harness was really complicated and I need a busbar for power and I will need to shorten every wire in the harness.

02twaqJIdt3fqN4fqyHu0jsiKQ=w165-h220-no?authuser=1.jpg

When I install my ARB compressor and wire that in, I will take the time to clean this whole thing up. I am going to have to completely remove it, pull the sheathing, shorten the wires, and resheath it. Basically, build a whole new harness.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thought I would put the graphene to the the test so I hit it from the bottom to the top with the new foam cannon and let it sit for about three or four minutes then rinsed it top down, dried it with a couple microfiber towel and it's pretty shiny with minimal screwing around. It wasn't really dirty this time, be interesting to see how easy it cleans up after a big ol' thunderstorm and all the mud at work.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Installed bilstein 5100's front and rear.
I love how casual you are in writing that! I'm like cussing up a storm putting floor liners in! =p

Congrats and I'd love to hear what the difference is that you feel (that will help me rationalize why I should do it!).

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I love how casual you are in writing that! I'm like cussing up a storm putting floor liners in! =p

Congrats and I'd love to hear what the difference is that you feel (that will help me rationalize why I should do it!).
Poor you, David,

You’ve definitely joined the cult - sorry if I had any hand in it. Okay, not sorry. :D

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Poor you, David,

You’ve definitely joined the cult - sorry if I had any hand in it. Okay, not sorry. :D
Cult is right! But it's a good one.

I'm curious how much better your ride is. I do find the stock Ranger to be a bit bouncy and it slams me sideways on rough dirt roads (and tosses Cheech around like a rag doll).

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Cult is right! But it's a good one.

I'm curious how much better your ride is. I do find the stock Ranger to be a bit bouncy and it slams me sideways on rough dirt roads (and tosses Cheech around like a rag doll).
It’s way better on rough, uneven terrain - less lean. On smooth roads and highways, there are fewer, less pronounced oscillations than OEM shocks when going into dips, over rail crossings or bridge expansion joints. The shocks dampen the first hit and each subsequent oscillation. Butta.

Try them on the rear - an easy install, then decide on whether or not to do the fronts.

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Alright…I should have known better. The vinyl overlays were NOT the way to go. Washed my truck and be damned the front one bubbled up. It’s my own fault for trying to cheap out on it…so I ordered these:
1FC5F091-8F63-4004-97FD-2A5E20D9D4AE.jpeg

They’ll be here tomorrow.:handsinair:

Also, my AVS Aeroskin II deflector arrived today and I’ll be installing it this weekend along with the blacked out emblems.:rockon: And the pièce de résistance…on Monday my DeeZee tailgate damper:muscle: will be here!:LOL: Can’t wait.
They’re on! Cannot install my hood deflector today because of rain.
3F1C562E-D9EE-47C1-9665-490D0FFE7B98.jpeg
5E4C792E-F179-4A12-A19A-B04F67B0E1E4.jpeg

Much easier to install than I expected and a much needed upgrade over stock.
Sponsored