Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Installed the set of Seat Jackers I got yesterday. Used the 4 pieces, 2 per side for a total of 3/4 inch rise in the front, which was perfect for me. Seat is now reclined just enough that my knees are a bit higher than my thigh's...very comfortable.
Install was on power seats, no problem with the install, but a few tips...
Trim, at least on power now sits the 3/4 inch off the carpet. Not really noticeable unless you look directly at it. The trim is attached to the seat, so if the seat goes "up" so does the trim.
Their directions indicate to loosen the rear bolts, but you have to un-screw the rear bolts till just before they come out, to give the front seat mounts enough room to come up. There are studs on the bottom of the front seat mounts that match up with a hole in the floor, and the seat has to rotate back enough for those studs to not only clear the floor, but high enough to match up with the holes in the Jackers.
Also, on mine, I had to trim a bit of plastic off the inside trim piece as after raising the front, the seat moving forward would snag it.
Not a hard install at all...just a T-25 torx for the trim screws, and a 13 mm socket for the old seat bolts, and a 15 mm socket for the two new bolts supplied with the Jackers.
Photos show the gap after install and the trim I modded .
Again, this was on my power seats...manual may not require your trim to be modified.

IMG_20220614_123709487.jpg

IMG_20220614_124214375.jpg

IMG_20220614_124725581.jpg
Great pics and super helpful install notes. And you like the two, eh? I was debating that but will also use two since you like it.

Thank you for doing this and forging a path for me, I was being timid about doing it, especially regarding the trim, but your pics tell me that I'd never even notice.

Thanks for the trimming tip, I'll post once I do mine on the manual XL seats.
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Great pics and super helpful install notes. And you like the two, eh? I was debating that but will also use two since you like it.

Thank you for doing this and forging a path for me, I was being timid about doing it, especially regarding the trim, but your pics tell me that I'd never even notice.

Thanks for the trimming tip, I'll post once I do mine on the manual XL seats.
Test fit the trim before you do any trimming...you may not need to. My seat rails are probably different than the manual.

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Drove the '22 to work.......came out from work and I was like OMG!.....Friggin birds!......they hit the buffett table again! Was worst than last time! Purple crap runnin' down the side.....on the hood.......on the top......on the fender........well, drove 'er home cussin' birds with alot of foul (pun intended) language......all cleaned up and waiting to see what tomorrow in the parking lot brings. I don't even park near any trees!
censor.gif

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Test fit the trim before you do any trimming...you may not need to. My seat rails are probably different than the manual.
Great idea and I'm going to look at it after work tonight (now looking and doing are two very different things for me, but you're getting me amped up to do it!).

The manual seats in the 2022 XL are very different, I think ...

Two major factors:
  1. it's a lower trim level, and
  2. it's the latest year and had some deletions.

ranger-seat.jpg

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Drove the '22 to work.......came out from work and I was like OMG!.....Friggin birds!......they hit the buffett table again! Was worst than last time! Purple crap runnin' down the side.....on the hood.......on the top......on the fender........well, drove 'er home cussin' birds with alot of foul (pun intended) language......all cleaned up and waiting to see what tomorrow in the parking lot brings. I don't even park near any trees!
censor.gif
That's what you get for working next to a Chipotle restaurant. :crazy:

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Installed my Hopkins Insight trailer brake controller. Took me about an hour, mostly because of the lack of working space.

test19.jpg

test18.jpg

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Well hot dang...I just checked my Fordpass app and I got my 42,000 points already...
That's the $210 correct?
Going to use that toward the tonneau cover. Debating if I want to order it now or wait till after Ford takes care of those paint issues they said they'd get fixed
Think I may splurge on the XLP Premium. It's low profile and goes between the rails instead of on top of it like the cheaper one that Ford offers for $369. Is the XLP worth it over the other?

Canuckian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Crew Cab Lariat Blackout
Finally got one to share. After much waiting, my Retrax Mx Pro finally arrived yesterday. Installed it today. Not the best pic but its dark out, is a close up inside pic it the best I can offer.

IMG_4703.JPG

Next big conundrum is figuring how to load my canoe. Its 16 ft, and If I just load it over the bed using something like a yakima overhaul its gonna leave a lot hanging over the back. Toyed with the idea of adding a prinsu to load the canoe on the roof, but I worry about the integrity of that over time. Thoughts?

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
Picked this up with the left front tire today. Went straight to my local dealer, Northside Ford and they got me right in, fixed it while I waited. By the way, that why I do business locally. While I was waiting and having nothing better to do, I ordered new shoes for the Ranger, was going to wait till late fall but with inflation running rampant and 42,000 on the original tires I went for it. get them Friday.

Attachments

LvRob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Occupation
Cybersecurity Architect
Installed the Aeroskin LightShield Hood Protector from American Trucks. Stick on was easy to do over my lunch hour brake. Did the wiring after dinner then took the pictures to capture the effect. I like it.
Sponsored

Attachments