Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Not today. But last week.
Installed a TruXedo, TruXport bed cover.
This is a roll up style. Very easy install. Maybe a half hour. Fit is outstanding. Stays in place at elevated highway speeds.
First cover I have used on any of the sixteen trucks I've owned over the past years.

https://truxedo.com/truxport/2022/ford/ranger

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg
I want to know what you did to get the cover to come down evenly over the corners. Mine looks like shit, because it’s pretensioned and not adjustable. I’ll have to add a picture in a minute to show you what I mean.
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Tried and failed in a second attempt to put a leveling kit on the front.
It ain't as easy as the YouTube videos make it look. I didn't expect it to be, but still....
Just gonna pay the alignment shop to do it.
I'm not mad, just frustrated.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I want to know what you did to get the cover to come down evenly over the corners. Mine looks like shit, because it’s pretensioned and not adjustable. I’ll have to add a picture in a minute to show you what I mean.
It doesn't look as bad from the back, and maybe yours does the same on the sides... I just don't think it should look like this for the price.

Back

IMG_3319.JPG

Passenger Rear

IMG_3326.JPG

Passenger Front

IMG_3324.JPG

Driver Rear

IMG_3327.JPG

Driver Front

IMG_3325.JPG

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It ain't as easy as the YouTube videos make it look. I didn't expect it to be, but still....
I'm doing the same. After the downpipe... if it involves more than a couple of bolts and especially if something big has to be removed to get to those bolts... I'm tired of spending all day on a two hour job. :LOL:

Besides... if I install the kit and even though I know I need an alignment, I'll keep putting it off. This way, it all gets done at the same time.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I'm tired of spending all day on a two hour job. :LOL:
This is two Sunday afternoons in a row I've wasted and accomplished nothing.
And last week I had help from a bud who knows more than I do but we were missing a tool we needed. This week I got said tool but he was not available to help. I figured I learned enough last week to do it myself, but no. I'm getting real good at putting everything back together and torqued to proper specs though.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We are going to be using the Ranger more this weak since we have to take our CR V to the body shop to fix our turkey damage. We stopped at a local 66 station to get gas while they still had it for $3.99 while all the others are $4.29. Only took 8 gals but that's $2.40 less than I will probably have to pay tomorrow when i was going to get it. :like:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
dont feel bad im in the same boat. i got the parts sitting in the box waiting. i took a look at it a few months ago and then looked up all i would need to do and decided not gonna happen. ill just get it done someplace and have the alignment done at the same time.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
We are going to be using the Ranger more this weak since we have to take our CR V to the body shop to fix our turkey damage. We stopped at a local 66 station to get gas while they still had it for $3.99 while all the others are $4.29. Only took 8 gals but that's $2.40 less than I will probably have to pay tomorrow when i was going to get it. :like:
its a sad shame that i have to say this. but, 3.99 is a pretty good price, these days anyway... i got some at sams with the club discount for 404. :frown:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Installed my dashcam, tailgate strut, emblem covers, Ranger tailgate letters, & smoked side markers.
1A591545-5212-41D5-862C-DE4A24215592.jpeg
05EADAF4-0A7C-4AC5-89FD-966939FA6554.jpeg
2A7039C8-C0A5-4882-AB0E-44E645CADE3E.jpeg
looks great! i kinda wish i had white blue or race red. black shows every lil spec of dirt and the snuggle bear could scratch the black lol.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
looks great! i kinda wish i had white blue or race red. black shows every lil spec of dirt and the snuggle bear could scratch the black lol.
Is it just me, or does the paint on the black trucks seem reeeeeeaaaalllllly thin? Maybe, no primer? I have a couple of chips in various places and all show bare metal underneath.

Waltztj

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Xl
Occupation
Retired
I replaced my tailgate emblem and camera housing with the black smoke chrome emblem.

A35AD86A-D99A-4467-8ED4-EA2D8293E270.jpeg

Front is next, later today or tomorrow.
Hi All
I got the Ford blacked out emblems and the were too bright for me, so I took them apart and painted them matte black and Carbonized Grey to match the truck. Then I put matte clear on it.

after.jpg
before.jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Truck arrived Wednesday night and I saw it after hours before my sales guy knew it was in (the OrderTrack thing showed it delivered, so we shot out to see). Brought it home Friday night (did all the paperwork Thursday but was out of town Friday when they did whatever they do to them).

So it was a busy weekend.

Installed the ignition bezel, which fits perfectly.

Put in the Husky X-act Contour floor liners, they also fit great. And after searching for my keys for 45 minutes, in the grass, in the tailgate, in the house, in the garage, again in the yard, I finally found them under the driver side mat! Dopey me! Ugh! =p

Installed the 54" K-Nines rear seat cover for Cheech. It fits just right. I was nervous about the 54", but that's the right size.

Put in his BloBlo bed, that's really the thing's name, how terrible is that. But it has red stripes and matches Soupie (I know, Ranger Pride won't approve of a named truck, but my wife says it looks like Campbell's Tomato Soup ...).

Then the Wet Okole seat covers went on and holy crap, what a pain they were. I tried to unplug an air bag seat sensor for 20 minutes, even searching online for how it unclips. It has a red clip and I could push it back, but it just wouldn't separate and I didn't want to break it. I finally found a video of a guy saying to leave it and only use one side. There are two elastic straps that hold the change catcher to the bottom seat and that sensor won't let you unhook one of them. After much cussing and sticking my hands in places they were never intended to be (?!?), they are finally on. But I posted another thread about a nut that fell out from the seat, BAH! =(

And the big task that I did on Saturday, the hottest day of the year so far, here in New England at 87 degrees, was the installation of the Westin HDX Stainless Drop Nerf Step Bars. Not bad, about 90 minutes with taking the time to assemble all the fasteners and put Never-Seez on each. It's a 46 year-old bottle of Never-Seez and still works fine!

I'll post on the running board thread about them and their height because this is an absolute must for me and Kate, we're both short and what a difference these make, they make the truck very comfortable to use.

weekend-word.jpg

Red-striped BloBlo bed in back on top of K-Nine covers, Wet Okole's in the front in Kate's favorite color (also have their seat belt pads in matching color), Husky liners, and the drop steps. Oh, the ignition bezel too! =)

never-seez.jpg

This can of Never-Seez was bought by my dad in 1976 for my third-hand FJ-40 that he gave me as a birthday present (and that I still have). That's the supervisor in the shade and I took many breaks while crawling under to mount the drop steps.

hard-hot-day.jpg

It was a long and hot afternoon and the supervisor was totally wiped. Here he is recovering in the AC! =D

OneMore

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Hi Kevin,

All four corners of my cover fit fine. I looked at your photos and agree, that fitment is not acceptable. Have you contacted the manufacture and provided photos of your cover?
Was your installation like that from the beginning or did the corners reseed over time?
Sponsored