VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
HeyJoel,

That’s a fair amount of poke for stock tires - it looks good. It really should be more noticeable with 285s - have you swapped your intrusion bars for aftermarket?

Oh, and for crying out loud, pick up your tools! You’re almost as bad as Jack. At least it can’t fly off your truck on the interstate like @OFC Ranger.
Yeah they seem to stick out a bit for stock tires. While I didn’t want them to stick out too much, this is just about what I wanted. That way when I pick up a set of the Bushwacker OE style flares the wheels can lay as flush as possible with them. Added a photo of the front for reference.

I have yet to pick up any intrusion beams. I’m going to try the loosen and push method for now. As long as it allows me to handle my day to day driving I’ll be fine. If I see too much interaction with them and the tire while off-roading, then I’ll look into the aftermarket. I was going to hack them off, but with all the road trips I see myself doing, I would like as much safety as possible.

It’s funny that you mentioned the tools. All of them, minus the vise grip, were sitting on my tailgate. Not sure how he ended up over there. Must not play well with others I suppose.

9C9BB8C0-E2A3-425D-8CBC-FAC53BCC2633.jpeg

DAD3B09A-A9C0-4E56-9852-4CF9A093D6EE.jpeg
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Installed a Bugflector II

Washed the truck using the 2 bucket method with Meguiars car wash and dried with microfiber towels. Waxed the hood and the area that the Bugflector would cover before installing it. Will clay bar where needed and wax the rest of the truck after next wash to get ready for the summer. I don't like washing vehicles but am too particular to take it to an automated car wash.

I followed this excellant Ranger installation video to succeed:
Bought the cheapest tool I could find (at Harbor Freight) to remove the fasteners: $7.00. It was too thin and flimsy but got it to work without breaking any of the fasteners. A better choice would be: https://amzn.to/3bXmETe

It was a tricky for one person to get the Bugflector positioned for installation but was able to manage. The fastening system used by AVS makes the Bugflector very stable.

Fastener removal tool 2.jpg

Bugflector 1.jpg

Bugflector 2.jpg

Bugflector 4.jpg
That’s a fine-looking Ranger you’ve got there OrangeStreak! :turkey:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Have pics of this all dried up and the tape removed?
Great question, turns out I was too excited about how it turned out and didn’t take close ups of it :facepalm: currently on vacation but will take a close up as soon as I can. But, here’s a further away shot from a little photo shoot. Hope this helps for now.
2C3019E4-CD3D-4033-9204-390839EFE1F4.jpeg

Lucky2013

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger 4x4 STX Special Edition,
Occupation
Aircraft Master Mechanic
I installed today Magnus Step Bars. Very easy to install as they use the factory body holes with which are already threaded. From opening of the box to the finish about 45 minutes.

What I like:
- the look
- nice surface coating
- very sturdy
- good grip for shoes

What I don't like:
- Made in China
- the step surface could be a little longer

Let's see in a couple of weeks what I feel / think about this Step Bars.

IMG_3777[1].JPG

IMG_3779[1].JPG

IMG_3778[1].JPG

IMG_3780[1].JPG

20scabstx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger
Occupation
Steel worker
Installed the rear eibachs. Did notice nice improvement though it could have also been the beautiful weather?! Anyways had problem installing unlike everyone else. My upper pass side retaining nut fell out and I spent 20 mins looking for it. It fell into a little cavern above the axle. It probably took over an hour on that side alone due to the $#@& ups. Then I started feeling nauseous and dizzy under there so I saved the tightening til the next day. I think I got under there too soon after eating.

IMG_20210311_174901803.jpg

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Great question, turns out I was too excited about how it turned out and didn’t take close ups of it :facepalm: currently on vacation but will take a close up as soon as I can. But, here’s a further away shot from a little photo shoot. Hope this helps for now.
2C3019E4-CD3D-4033-9204-390839EFE1F4.jpeg
Looks great!

24dRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Did my first ever two bucket wash today and it was very needed. Also used my Worx cordless blower to dry. Works ok but a bit slow. I have to get some quality drying towels. Also, momma’s car is not happy it didn’t get washed so that will happen in the morning.

F735BDC3-8AF1-4597-AA68-DFFB7962EC2E.jpeg

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Had the oil changed & they even washed 'ol Butterscotch. Had to take a pic quick before more pollen settled on it. :shock:
20210312_173039.jpg
‘Ol Butterscotch - that’s a great name - I love it Tracy! And your Ranger still looks brand new.

I‘m going to have to talk to my brother in Daphne, AB to get a better understanding of that pollen issue y’all have down there. I’ve been to Alabama but I was only on the gulf coast abusing the heck out of a convertible Mustang GT rental car on the I-10 and 98 between Biloxi and Pensacola. No pollen issues but it was summer. Nothing corners like a rental.

Your truck looks great.

Last edited:

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I installed today Magnus Step Bars. Very easy to install as they use the factory body holes with which are already threaded. From opening of the box to the finish about 45 minutes.
They look great Will. You’re lucky to find something to fit your Scab. Good job!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
‘Ol Butterscotch - that’s a great name - I love it Tracy! And you Ranger still looks brand new.

I‘m going to have to talk to my brother in Daphne, AB to get a better understanding of that pollen issue y’all have down there. I’ve been to Alabama but I was only on the gulf coast abusing the heck out of a convertible Mustang GT rental car on the I-10 and 98 between Biloxi and Pensacola. No pollen issues but it was summer. Nothing corners like a rental.

Your truck looks great.
Thank you!