First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Along with a break in the rain, the weather finally cooled down enough to make working in the garage bearableā€¦.so I was able to install my CAI this afternoon. With the help of YouTube, it was a pretty straightforward and easy installationā€¦even for a beginner like me.

Itā€™ll be a while before the Roush tune is available for my ā€˜21, but Iā€™m hoping a few more packages arrive this week. Iā€™m still waiting on a set of Alpharex Novas, a RETRAX cover and a smoked 3rd brake/bed light to show up.

0FC83253-3897-4266-A192-7630105471B9.jpeg
Let us know how you like the CAI I have been on the fence about getting one.
Brian

Zeroedin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Roush Edition
Let us know how you like the CAI I have been on the fence about getting one.
Brian
Will do. I wrapped up just before dinner and only had time for a quick spin around the block tonight to make sure nothing exploded and no warning sirens were going off. Iā€™ll report back after I log some real driving time.

UnregistredHypercam2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser VX Limited
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Not quite today, but this past Friday. Installed Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform on a Rhino Rack backbone for my topper. Rhino Rack Batwing Awning and rooftop storage box as well. Was an expensive but very fun weekend.
2.jpg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Warning: extremely wordy and under informative thread hazard ahead. Feel free to detour.

Havenā€™t posted much in a while, and while this doesnā€™t really count as having been ā€œdone to my Ranger todayā€ā€¦ā€¦I figured Iā€™d toss out an update anyway.

I ordered what Iā€™m referring to as my ā€œPhase 2ā€ mods today. Included in this round are:

Alpharex Nova Headlights (Alpha Black). I was really torn between these and the Morimoto, but at the end of the day I decided I like the Alpharex aesthetics just a wee bit better.

Roush CAI and Performance Tune. Felt I had to go with Roush here because I have a Roush truck. Anything else would have felt ā€œdisingenuousā€. True, I swapped out the Roush wheels for a wider stance, but thatā€™s allowed under Article 7 of the ā€œRoush Handbook of Rules & Regsā€.

RETRAX ProMX bed cover

Smoked LED 3rd brake/bed light

For anyone interested, having spoken with Roush it turns out that the tune for 2021 trucks isnā€™t quite ready. They anticipate 2-3 months before the file is complete and ready to be flashed. This was a bit disappointing as most retailers are marketing the tune for ā€˜19-ā€˜21 trucks. Guess this just means Iā€™ll have to wait a bit longer before risking my title at a red light.

So, parts are all in stock and should arrive in 1-2 weeksā€¦ā€¦or 2-6 months. Who knows these days.

In the meantime, Iā€™m toying with the idea of stripping the Roush rocker panel graphics and going with a simple, black ā€œRoushā€ decal behind the front fenders along the rocker. Assuming anyone has read through this long-ass wall-o-text and has some input on that idea, Iā€™d love to hear your thoughts.

Anyway, Iā€™ll close with a few gratuitous pics I took around town yesterday, just ā€˜cause I think pics put a little ā€œpopā€ in any postā€¦.

87931141-7ACA-414E-BD54-47EA834AA8DD.jpeg
D1E520F5-1B45-4393-8CDF-29366CD9B2C7.jpeg

Note the rocker graphics. These are the ones Iā€™m debating replacing:
14BCCD22-E40F-426D-8CED-3DB30CD63F7D.jpeg

And using these instead:
EDDB8DE5-B458-4C70-9841-A036F4385E72.jpeg

Again, any feedback on the graphics change is much appreciated. And look, Iā€™m sorry for the long-ass post. Iā€™m old, bored, donā€™t have many friends and inadvertently doubled-up on my meds this morning.

Thatā€™s always a recipe for a train wreck in a thread, lol.
I would leave them. They look great!

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Transported my nephew's bike and wheelbarrow again... everything was cool except for some Damper anxiety ć€½ ? ć€½ :crazy: ć€½ :LOL:

Damper anxiety.jpg

Back view.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Transported my nephew's bike and wheelbarrow again... everything was cool except for some Damper anxiety ć€½ ? ć€½ :crazy: ć€½ :LOL:

Damper anxiety.jpg

Back view.jpg
Your damper looks fine. If not we can start a support group and call it DWA...Damper With Anxiety. ?:crazy:

VTRanger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT SuperCrew
Technically yesterday, but got the backrack, tonneau cover and the mud flaps installed. Also installed the husky floor mats and the center console tray on day 1.

test.jpg
test3.jpg
test4.jpg
test2.jpg

Did the backrack require drilling? I really want one but am not going to drill into my new truck. Haven't seen any that just clamp on, they all need stake pockets.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Your damper looks fine. If not we can start a support group and call it DWA...Damper With Anxiety. ?:crazy:
Could we make that "Dampers Without Anxiety" :question: :LOL:

Last edited:

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Carbonized Gray SuperCab STX FX4
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
Defrosted her and drove her for the first time in three weeks. Dropped off at the dealer to get a new front differential some time in the next two weeks. ?it might get done this week.

IMG_20220124_072347178.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Could we make that "Dampers Without Anxiety" :question: :LOL:
That'll be the second group who helps out the first one. Kind of like a 5 step program. We'll need to come up with a coin for members. ?