First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
And while I'm at it, are those red sections built into a specific model's grill over there, or can you purchase separate?

Alternatively, do they sell aftermarket ones on Amazon or anything? Thanks in advance.
It’s a Ranger Tremor grille. You can get a factory one or an aftermarket one.
Sponsored

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
It’s a Ranger Tremor grille. You can get a factory one or an aftermarket one.
Can you buy the red sections separate, to add to the normal grill? I've googled and they come out, but haven't found anywhere that sells them.

Otherwise it's going to cost a fortune to send a whole grill from USA to Aus. And I'll be pissed if it looks shit in person lol.

Thanks again guys.

gkostolny

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2022 Ducati DesertX
I was going to claim I hadn’t done anything to the truck today, but I guess technically I stuck the new ratcheting cargo bar I ordered from Amazon in the back. Really though I just wanted to share how well these Nilight LED strips work with the Bakflip MX4 in place. Worth every bit of the $30 they cost and the time to install.

CF940F21-0F60-4D96-8B43-2492AC1687C3.jpeg

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
I was going to claim I hadn’t done anything to the truck today, but I guess technically I stuck the new ratcheting cargo bar I ordered from Amazon in the back. Really though I just wanted to share how well these Nilight LED strips work with the Bakflip MX4 in place. Worth every bit of the $30 they cost and the time to install.

CF940F21-0F60-4D96-8B43-2492AC1687C3.jpeg
I have what I think are the exact same led strips branded under the Oracle name (a little more expensive but didn't see the Nilight version back when I got them) but they fit the underside of my Leer bed cover side rails perfectly and adhered great, despite some reviews complaining about the double-sided tape quality. The width of the strips even sandwiched them nicely between the clamps for the rails, to the point I needed to loosen the clamps, run the strip through them and retighten. It's still one of my favorite mods to date.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Can you buy the red sections separate, to add to the normal grill?
I think a few have purchased red vinyl and cut their own. Should be cheap enough to get a sheet and give it a try and see how it looks.

Zeroedin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Roush Edition
Warning: extremely wordy and under informative thread hazard ahead. Feel free to detour.

Haven’t posted much in a while, and while this doesn’t really count as having been “done to my Ranger today”……I figured I’d toss out an update anyway.

I ordered what I’m referring to as my “Phase 2” mods today. Included in this round are:

Alpharex Nova Headlights (Alpha Black). I was really torn between these and the Morimoto, but at the end of the day I decided I like the Alpharex aesthetics just a wee bit better.

Roush CAI and Performance Tune. Felt I had to go with Roush here because I have a Roush truck. Anything else would have felt “disingenuous”. True, I swapped out the Roush wheels for a wider stance, but that’s allowed under Article 7 of the “Roush Handbook of Rules & Regs”.

RETRAX ProMX bed cover

Smoked LED 3rd brake/bed light

For anyone interested, having spoken with Roush it turns out that the tune for 2021 trucks isn’t quite ready. They anticipate 2-3 months before the file is complete and ready to be flashed. This was a bit disappointing as most retailers are marketing the tune for ‘19-‘21 trucks. Guess this just means I’ll have to wait a bit longer before risking my title at a red light.

So, parts are all in stock and should arrive in 1-2 weeks……or 2-6 months. Who knows these days.

In the meantime, I’m toying with the idea of stripping the Roush rocker panel graphics and going with a simple, black “Roush” decal behind the front fenders along the rocker. Assuming anyone has read through this long-ass wall-o-text and has some input on that idea, I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Anyway, I’ll close with a few gratuitous pics I took around town yesterday, just ‘cause I think pics put a little “pop” in any post….

87931141-7ACA-414E-BD54-47EA834AA8DD.jpeg
D1E520F5-1B45-4393-8CDF-29366CD9B2C7.jpeg

Note the rocker graphics. These are the ones I’m debating replacing:
14BCCD22-E40F-426D-8CED-3DB30CD63F7D.jpeg

And using these instead:
EDDB8DE5-B458-4C70-9841-A036F4385E72.jpeg

Again, any feedback on the graphics change is much appreciated. And look, I’m sorry for the long-ass post. I’m old, bored, don’t have many friends and inadvertently doubled-up on my meds this morning.

That’s always a recipe for a train wreck in a thread, lol.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
In the meantime, I’m toying with the idea of stripping the Roush rocker panel graphics and going with a simple, black “Roush” decal behind the front fenders along the rocker. Assuming anyone has read through this long-ass wall-o-text and has some input on that idea, I’d love to hear your thoughts.

And using these instead:
I actually really like the rocker graphics you have now! I think they go well with the hood stripes. I would stick a set of those on my truck if it read "Tremor".

Your pictures have me on the fence again with the AVS aeroskin. I like version II with the lip but I also really like the one you have. Hard decision to make.

Side note, I wish I could find a Roush Grill for sale online somewhere. I like the honeycomb look better than the amazon ones I can find and it looks to be the OEM magnetic color. Are the letters removable?

Zeroedin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Roush Edition
I actually really like the rocker graphics you have now! I think they go well with the hood stripes. I would stick a set of those on my truck if it read "Tremor".

Your pictures have me on the fence again with the AVS aeroskin. I like version II with the lip but I also really like the one you have. Hard decision to make.

Side note, I wish I could find a Roush Grill for sale online somewhere. I like the honeycomb look better than the amazon ones I can find and it looks to be the OEM magnetic color. Are the letters removable?
Thanks for the feedback, truly appreciate it.

The letters on the grille can’t be removed, they’re molded in…at least as far as I can tell.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Warning: extremely wordy and under informative thread hazard ahead. Feel free to detour.

Haven’t posted much in a while, and while this doesn’t really count as having been “done to my Ranger today”……I figured I’d toss out an update anyway.

I ordered what I’m referring to as my “Phase 2” mods today. Included in this round are:

Alpharex Nova Headlights (Alpha Black). I was really torn between these and the Morimoto, but at the end of the day I decided I like the Alpharex aesthetics just a wee bit better.

Roush CAI and Performance Tune. Felt I had to go with Roush here because I have a Roush truck. Anything else would have felt “disingenuous”. True, I swapped out the Roush wheels for a wider stance, but that’s allowed under Article 7 of the “Roush Handbook of Rules & Regs”.

RETRAX ProMX bed cover

Smoked LED 3rd brake/bed light

For anyone interested, having spoken with Roush it turns out that the tune for 2021 trucks isn’t quite ready. They anticipate 2-3 months before the file is complete and ready to be flashed. This was a bit disappointing as most retailers are marketing the tune for ‘19-‘21 trucks. Guess this just means I’ll have to wait a bit longer before risking my title at a red light.

So, parts are all in stock and should arrive in 1-2 weeks……or 2-6 months. Who knows these days.

Anyway, I’ll close with a few gratuitous pics I took around town yesterday, just ‘cause I think pics put a little “pop” in any post….

87931141-7ACA-414E-BD54-47EA834AA8DD.jpeg

And using these instead:

Again, any feedback on the graphics change is much appreciated. And look, I’m sorry for the long-ass post. I’m old, bored, don’t have many friends and inadvertently doubled-up on my meds this morning.

That’s always a recipe for a train wreck in a thread, lol.
That's a really pretty truck just like it sits, sir.
If you remove/replace the decals on the rocker panels, do the decals on the hood come off too?
I wouldn't take one off without taking it all off, I don't think.
Maybe replace all that with some understated pinstriping?
But yeah, it's quite the pretty truck as-is.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

There’s an RTR knock-off out there. It has lights but they appear to be removable.

343487E8-CE12-4A93-A1CB-835459931ED9.jpeg

Maybe Jack (@OFC Ranger ) can confirm that.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
There’s an RTR knock-off out there. It has lights but they appear to be removable.

343487E8-CE12-4A93-A1CB-835459931ED9.jpeg

Maybe Jack (@OFC Ranger ) can confirm that.
Yes, the DRL's are removable, however it has circle vents under them instead of honeycomb.