First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Haha. I like how everyone's got jokes about the tailgate damper. As if lifting our light-ass, aluminum tailgate is going to build any muscles.

Go Team Damper!
I’m not talking about the damper. I’ve got one too. I’m not talking about the Yeti either.
Sponsored

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I’m not talking about the damper. I’ve got one too. I’m not talking about the Yeti either.
Haha, sorry. I meant to quote Strobes and evidently wasn’t paying enough attention to which reply button I clicked.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
OK, installed the Shrockworks sliders that came in yesterday, pretty straight forward with only the right front bottom needing a hole drilled, the rest lined up fine. Took me a few minutes to figure right vs left as they look almost the same and not marked that I could see. Heavy suckers, 67lbs each, and rock solid (see what I did there :) ).
IMG_4235D.JPG

IMG_4236D.JPG

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Added to my lights package with a Diode Dynamics Stage Series dual
light bars in orange. With my Baja Designs ditch lights I am done with lights on the front. All lights are wired to aux switches (Tremor) so I still have my bright white fogs and now have orange fogs I can enable in bad weather.

C4C65DB9-322D-419F-B798-7A584E25A63B.jpeg
How do you like the Stage Series light bars? I keep going back and forth on the 18" amber bar in the low opening, a 30" installed just above the bumper, or some more traditional ones mounted somehow. I'm keeping the factory LED fogs for now but want to add some amber because I'm in fog and snow on country roads frequently. How well do the stage bars project down the road? Diode Dynamics doesn't have lux info available so it's hard to gauge if the 18" will be adequate, if the 30" would be better, or if I should be looking at something different altogether.

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
The tires on the highway would have a hand numbing fibration. Sometimes a harsher shake. Not sure if it was a bad set of tires but the dealership rebalanced twice then sent off to have them road force balanced. Still had a horrible ride. It was night and day once these were put on.
That's crazy. I run 34s at3 they're smooth as butter and most of the time I cruise at 80 plus mph. I had a set of k02 before I learned how to read tires needless to say they were pretty accurate on tire wear. They only lasted about 18k before they were nearly bald

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Lightbar on, used a Lic plate bracket, I was surprised at how strong it was. still have fog and ditch lights to install. Using a wireless remote switch with 4 circuits so have to use them all!

IMG_4182.JPG
To be a pain in the arse - any chance you have a pic of how it looks from fully front on?

Reactions: Doc

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I find it disappointing that it's not included, 5 years ago when they were starting rollout of Sync3 they talked about how HD-radio was a standard feature of Sync3. Now I bought a newer car (truck) with Sync3 and it's not as capable as the 5 year old one.
Mine has HD radio and indicates when the signal it's playing is HD

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
How do you like the Stage Series light bars? I keep going back and forth on the 18" amber bar in the low opening, a 30" installed just above the bumper, or some more traditional ones mounted somehow. I'm keeping the factory LED fogs for now but want to add some amber because I'm in fog and snow on country roads frequently. How well do the stage bars project down the road? Diode Dynamics doesn't have lux info available so it's hard to gauge if the 18" will be adequate, if the 30" would be better, or if I should be looking at something different altogether.
I am a fan of them. They put out a lot of light. I use them pretty regularly as I am on some dark roads in the woods and they really light up both wide and pretty far out. That said, I do have them angled down as I use them more as fogs.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I am a fan of them. They put out a lot of light. I use them pretty regularly as I am on some dark roads in the woods and they really light up both wide and pretty far out. That said, I do have them angled down as I use them more as fogs.
Thanks. Sounds like we have the same type of use in mind. I keep waffling between the bar or the pods. I'm keeping the factory driving lights for non-offensive around town added light, adding some type of amber for fog/snow (on wooded country roads that the majority of my driving is on), and maybe adding some type of higher power driving light for those country roads on nights where the amber isn't needed.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Not even sure how I got to this point.

16 aux switches throughout my cabin.

IMG_20220115_153653.jpg

Any more switches and you may need to attend flight school just so you know which switch is which.

airplane-pilot-cockpit-controls-PILOTBUTTONS0817.jpg

That or use the correct labels

display.jpg

Is that an external light switch or rocket launcher? ?
Sponsored