What did you do to your Ranger today?

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
Got the second SwingCase today and just installed it. Luckily, but not surprisingly, it's keyed the same.

I took the day off because it's a fantastic day, warm and sunny, but my fat ass is shot from crawling on my knees (even with the BedRug) so my original plan of a Soupie detail and graphene is out the window

Instead, I'm sitting in the shade snacking and supervising Cheech's barking. Not a bad life for this simple guy - me! =)

I hope all of you get a chance for some personal time this weekend, doing whatever the heck brings you a smile.

Life's good and I'm indebted to all active service members, our incredible vets, and all those who serve us. Life's really good when we can argue about dampers - thank you.

IMG_20230414_114416706.jpg

IMG_20230414_125617052_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230414_131503815.jpg
What a perfect day :)

Why we are still arguing over dampers?
Just install Alf in your Ranger and you’ll have magic muscles to open and close the tailgate with one finger like me.
25065259-8575-4B33-AFBB-A5192A49D446.jpeg

Ok, here’s the secret?
072AFC71-5193-498C-B991-D7F16138F50D.jpeg
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
? ? ?
This is exactly what I was thinking about!
My Dodge Charger had the dreaded cam skip, and I had metal circulated through the motor. The head of fleet told me it was terminal, and the sooner it blew up, the sooner they would put a new motor in for me.

I was pretty damn hard on that car, and it eventually dropped a cylinder but wouldn't blow the motor! ? And I kept trying!

They finally realized it was running on 7 cylinders and told me to down the car. LOL
Our current slick top has been ressurected so many times in the last few years I'm surprised it doesn't somehow become self aware and find a way to suicide itself.

It also doesn't help we have some of the most sorry-ass in-house mechanics in our city barn. We've often joked about putting a hidden camera in our cars like people do with oil change fraud places and seeing what happens.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Our current slick top has been ressurected so many times in the last few years I'm surprised it doesn't somehow become self aware and find a way to suicide itself.

It also doesn't help we have some of the most sorry-ass in-house mechanics in our city barn. We've often joked about putting a hidden camera in our cars like people do with oil change fraud places and seeing what happens.
I loved our fleet services. They took damn good care of me and didn't mind me using their bays and the mechanics would loan me tools. They also helped me do stupid stuff like put bigger tires and Explorer wheels on my 2007 Ford Ranger UC vehicle, and then they adjusted the torsion bars up front to lift it! HAHAHAHA

It was loaded with ammo and it really squatted under the weight!
20170525_133039.jpg

20170912_085436.jpg

20171019_163229.jpg

Damn I loved this thing, but running code in it sucked because the ignition would retard around 89 MPH. HAHAHAHA

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Got the second SwingCase today and just installed it. Luckily, but not surprisingly, it's keyed the same.

I took the day off because it's a fantastic day, warm and sunny, but my fat ass is shot from crawling on my knees (even with the BedRug) so my original plan of a Soupie detail and graphene is out the window

Instead, I'm sitting in the shade snacking and supervising Cheech's barking. Not a bad life for this simple guy - me! =)

I hope all of you get a chance for some personal time this weekend, doing whatever the heck brings you a smile.

Life's good and I'm indebted to all active service members, our incredible vets, and all those who serve us. Life's really good when we can argue about dampers - thank you.

Dave, doesen't that second swing case cut down on the available room for "dump stuff"?
As often as you make dump runs, taking those swing cases off and on seems like it would get old quickly ......:crackup:
On a better note, hooking up the camper tonight to head up to Bedford Pa. to visit the 9-11 Memorial. Been to the NY and Pentagon Memorials and the Flight 93 Memorial is finally on our to do visit list.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Steve I got to do the Honor Flight with my dad and it was the most awesome experience of my life. I had never been to the east coast so doing DC with my dad and 50 other veterans was fantastic.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
On a better note, hooking up the camper tonight to head up to Bedford Pa. to visit the 9-11 Memorial. Been to the NY and Pentagon Memorials and the Flight 93 Memorial is finally on our to do visit list.

We Will need pics!

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
Wait! What is this!?!?! No way! HAHAHAHA
Yes, I do keep some things to myself ?
Still haven’t figured out how this thing there works though ?

I have slammed not Ford pickup tailgates and they are heavy compared to my truck. So I knew there must be some kind of magic touch added. That must be it.
I still have no idea how heavy Rangers tailgates really are! :dance:

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Dave, doesen't that second swing case cut down on the available room for "dump stuff"?
As often as you make dump runs, taking those swing cases off and on seems like it would get old quickly ......:crackup:
I ran them for a bit. They quick release out when you need the bedspace.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist

no, no, no David, it's clay bar first, do NOT use prociutto (tho I appreciate that it is gluten free).
It is hot here in PA as well, I just hauled some grasses, butterfly bushes and tree branches to my version of the dump...ie. up the hill...am also hot, sweaty and done for the day. Happy Friday everyone...
1681497285420.jpeg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
no, no, no David, it's clay bar first, do NOT use prociutto (tho I appreciate that it is gluten free).
It is hot here in PA as well, I just hauled some grasses, butterfly bushes and tree branches to my version of the dump...ie. up the hill...am also hot, sweaty and done for the day. Happy Friday everyone...
1681497285420.jpeg
I dunno, Pan the Organizer swears by prosciutto! =D

And that's a mighty fine use of a Ranger! =)

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
What a perfect day :)

Why we are still arguing over dampers?
Just install Alf in your Ranger and you’ll have magic muscles to open and close the tailgate with one finger like me.
25065259-8575-4B33-AFBB-A5192A49D446.jpeg

Ok, here’s the secret?
072AFC71-5193-498C-B991-D7F16138F50D.jpeg
I love Alf and he helps with stray cats.

I also love that torsion bar tailgate thing and wished it would fit US models. I bet it works nicely.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
It does make dump runs more challenging BUT .. give me an excuse to install a small rafter winch in the garage. Just back in and lift them off! =D

That's awesome about visiting the memorials, pass on a prayer from me please. We must never forget.

And what camper do you have?

Kate and I are keen on getting something so that the Little Terror known as Cheech can come with us.

lazy? smart? or just lazy ass?
1681501858526.png

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Wait! What is this!?!?! No way! HAHAHAHA
When I was waiting for the Ranger, I watched pretty much every YouTube video on Rangers. This torsion bar thing seems really mice and helps up and down. But only for other Rangers ...

Sponsored