First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
Also If you’re “lucky” enough to be in really cold weather your auto stop/start disables itself as well. I found out this feature the other day.
I believe this only happens if the ECU determines your battery is too low to power a remote start. It's not common, but regularly using the truck should prevent this from happening. At least that's how I understand it.

I'm curious too. No heated mirrors (that I know of) on my 2020 XLT 302a. I didn't think XLT's could come with heated mirrors (wish I had them and a heated steering wheel).
They don't. Not sure where he's getting that he has heated mirrors unless he installed them himself.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
To add to @SILK's comments... It also won't activate if the engine and/or cabin temp aren't within specs as well. A lot of the time for me the first few stoplights it won't turn off, but once the engine and cabin temp have stabilized, it'll start activating when I stop again. It also won't activate if the defroster is on, which it usually is on cold drives, at least in the beginning.

The manual has a good list of all the criteria that have to be met for the system to activate.
Can you imagine reading the manual before coming here?

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
To add to @SILK's comments... It also won't activate if the engine and/or cabin temp aren't within specs as well. A lot of the time for me the first few stoplights it won't turn off, but once the engine and cabin temp have stabilized, it'll start activating when I stop again. It also won't activate if the defroster is on, which it usually is on cold drives, at least in the beginning.

The manual has a good list of all the criteria that have to be met for the system to activate.
I see ambient temperature is one criteria and with the -30c weather that was my assumption. It’s also several other possibilities as well, cabin temperature, windshield defroster on etc.
In regards to the first post, my heated seats have been coming on with the remote start for months now. I really need to live somewhere warmer....

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It is nice. I finally figured out on mine that if you open the climate control app on the trucks screen and select auto then the heated seat defrost, temp etc, when you remote start those come on.

Also there's another neat feature (not sure if its standard) if your battery in the key fob is dead or missing, not only can you use the removable key to open the door which will set the alarm off, but you then remove the rubber bottom of the cup holder closest to the console and you will set the dead fob flat on the bottom and you can then use the push to start button with the brake to start the truck. Not sure if or how this works if you have own a key start. Probably the same if you put the fob in the holder and key in the ignition
It is a nice feature that I bet most don't even know about. I read it in a post here a while back, I think there was the thread about cool features or something like that? If you have the Ford app you could always unlock the truck with that so you don't set the alarm off. :)

Lol I found my folding mirrors by accident a week after I bought them. Hmm what's this button do? ?
After you shut off your truck if you press the button again before opening the door they will automatically open next time you start it back up.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Also If you’re “lucky” enough to be in really cold weather your auto stop/start disables itself as well. I found out this feature the other day.
Our Subaru does this too, below about 35' F :)

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
really thk i do..i will turn on rear defrost and chk w my laser temp gun..
Yeah check it out. Thought heated mirrors was only a Lariat thing. My 302a only has power fold.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
It is a nice feature that I bet most don't even know about. I read it in a post here a while back, I think there was the thread about cool features or something like that? If you have the Ford app you could always unlock the truck with that so you don't set the alarm off. :)

After you shut off your truck if you press the button again before opening the door they will automatically open next time you start it back up.
Clear on using the app as well. I checked my wife 2018 Fusion SE and it also has the fob start in the cup holder.

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
After I bought my XL and was checking through the manual (RTFM!) and playing with all the buttons I found an option in the gauge cluster to set auto mode for the HVAC which I thought was odd since I have a base model with single zone AC. But sure enough when I checked that box now my truck sets the climate automatically when I remote start with ford pass. As soon as I put the key in the ignition the settings go to where they are manually set. It works great for cold mornings! And it does seem like my rear defroster comes on automatically sometimes as well. Not bad for an XL!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
my 302a has power folding mirrors that are also heated, unless I'm missing something yours should also be heated.
Interesting. Both the Build & Price for 2020 & 2021 and the 2021 order guide show Power fold heated mirrors as standard and available only on the 500A and 501A Lariat equipment groups.

Attachments

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
True that. Quite a few of us were looking into upgrades for our XL/XLT’s to lariat type mirrors, etc. Seems they use a different wire harness so swapping stuff out is only part of what is needed. Once you see what’s really involved it all of a sudden isn’t all that important anymore ?

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
not to rain on your parade, but wait till ford pass starts giving you grief...you wont be thinking its so cool anymore.

to answer your question, yes some of the items turn on, there are settings for that in the menu. the owners manual, should you elect to read it, will give you some glimpses into that and other cool features.
the owners manual is like an easter egg that just keeps on giving. And you can access it through the ford pass app
What problems have you had with FordPass? Just asking as I have not experienced any problems with it other than trying to relink my truck to a different account but when linked it has been flawless.

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
I discovered a couple weeks ago that when the rear defroster is on, a little tiny triangle is also being defrosted on the windshield, in front of the forward facing camera. I believe this camera is for the high beams and emergency braking system. In the summer months, I wondered why I could see a little diagonal line through that area. And now I think I know why. Even when the rear defroster doesn't need to be on, the truck turns it on to defrost the area on the windshield in front of the camera. Now only if they'd have spent an extra $100 at the factory and put heated mirrors on the 302A.

Also, if you have an Apple watch you can use the watch to start and lock/unlock from your watch. I also dug into and successfully found a good brother on this forum who figured out how to get Siri to turn the truck on. Now I don't even need Ford Pass app, I just tell Siri on my watch to lock/unlock and start my truck and it works!
I have a Android based watch (Fossil) and can do the same with Alexa.

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4

I think the disablement is primarily the battery charge level appears low to the truck due to the cold weather. When I charge my battery and drive it in 14 degrees it still will not shutdown but it does in 16 so I think there is a balance. However, if the battery has not been charge, it will not shut down in 32 degrees.
Sponsored