What a cool feature!

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I have an XLT 302A which includes the tech package. I use remote start via the Ford Pass app sometimes, especially if it's cold outside. I live in SoCal, so I realize cold is a relative term when compared to some of the areas others here live in. :)

We just had a few storms pass through that brought some very chilly weather with it. The previous two nights when I remote started the Ranger, the heated seat for the driver's side turned on automatically. Yesterday, the rear window defroster was on as well, though there was no need for it. Do these features come on automatically once the outside air temps have reached a certain point? I wasn't expecting it, but it was nice!
Sponsored

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Yes, I read much of the manual the first week I received my truck. Somehow though I missed this little tidbit. And as I said, it doesn't really get that cold here so this feature never revealed itself until recently. It was a pleasant surprise.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
The AC will also start above a certain temperature.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
I have an XLT 302A which includes the tech package. I use remote start via the Ford Pass app sometimes, especially if it's cold outside. I live in SoCal, so I realize cold is a relative term when compared to some of the areas others here live in. :)

We just had a few storms pass through that brought some very chilly weather with it. The previous two nights when I remote started the Ranger, the heated seat for the driver's side turned on automatically. Yesterday, the rear window defroster was on as well, though there was no need for it. Do these features come on automatically once the outside air temps have reached a certain point? I wasn't expecting it, but it was nice!
I discovered a couple weeks ago that when the rear defroster is on, a little tiny triangle is also being defrosted on the windshield, in front of the forward facing camera. I believe this camera is for the high beams and emergency braking system. In the summer months, I wondered why I could see a little diagonal line through that area. And now I think I know why. Even when the rear defroster doesn't need to be on, the truck turns it on to defrost the area on the windshield in front of the camera. Now only if they'd have spent an extra $100 at the factory and put heated mirrors on the 302A.

Also, if you have an Apple watch you can use the watch to start and lock/unlock from your watch. I also dug into and successfully found a good brother on this forum who figured out how to get Siri to turn the truck on. Now I don't even need Ford Pass app, I just tell Siri on my watch to lock/unlock and start my truck and it works!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
If you leave your heating/AC system on Auto when you remote start it will use what is needed to get the truck to your selected last temperature.

Right now I’m in winter months in NE. So every morning I work it is programmed to auto start. Depending on weather conditions it functions differently.

Take note: If you do use the system and it is manually set then truck doesn’t take the outside conditions into the equation during startup. Many have been saying they’re getting cracked windshields. My hunch is max AC or Max defrost and the differential is to great and they crack. In auto mode I haven’t heard this happening.

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Yes, I do leave the heating/AC on auto. It comes in handy when it's hot outside and the truck has cooled down.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I discovered a couple weeks ago that when the rear defroster is on, a little tiny triangle is also being defrosted on the windshield, in front of the forward facing camera. I believe this camera is for the high beams and emergency braking system. In the summer months, I wondered why I could see a little diagonal line through that area. And now I think I know why. Even when the rear defroster doesn't need to be on, the truck turns it on to defrost the area on the windshield in front of the camera. Now only if they'd have spent an extra $100 at the factory and put heated mirrors on the 302A.

Also, if you have an Apple watch you can use the watch to start and lock/unlock from your watch. I also dug into and successfully found a good brother on this forum who figured out how to get Siri to turn the truck on. Now I don't even need Ford Pass app, I just tell Siri on my watch to lock/unlock and start my truck and it works!
I like that idea a lot! One problem for me is I talk in my sleep so I’m now thinking ? You better pass on that one! ?

Ugly_Betty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
It’s been high 20s overnight here. I’ll have to see if this works using my key fob since I’m in perpetual Pending Activation mode on FordPass.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport

I am curious on how you can get Siri to start your truck?

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase

It is nice. I finally figured out on mine that if you open the climate control app on the trucks screen and select auto then the heated seat defrost, temp etc, when you remote start those come on.

Also there's another neat feature (not sure if its standard) if your battery in the key fob is dead or missing, not only can you use the removable key to open the door which will set the alarm off, but you then remove the rubber bottom of the cup holder closest to the console and you will set the dead fob flat on the bottom and you can then use the push to start button with the brake to start the truck. Not sure if or how this works if you have own a key start. Probably the same if you put the fob in the holder and key in the ignition

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.

my 302a has power folding mirrors that are also heated, unless I'm missing something yours should also be heated.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
my 302a has power folding mirrors that are also heated, unless I'm missing something yours should also be heated.
Lol I found my folding mirrors by accident a week after I bought them. Hmm what's this button do? ?

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
wait what? you have heated mirrors??
I'm curious too. No heated mirrors (that I know of) on my 2020 XLT 302a. I didn't think XLT's could come with heated mirrors (wish I had them and a heated steering wheel).
Sponsored