First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I go lots of places and see varying degrees of competency everywhere. I suppose any automaker can have a recall once in a while. I was curious if you had anything specific in mind regarding that build date as it is close to if not the same as mine.
Nothing concrete, just an irrational expectation that sooner or later I'll have a problem.
Sponsored

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Nothing concrete, just an irrational expectation that sooner or later I'll have a problem.
That's how I live my whole life bro ?

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RangerXLT CrewCab 4x4
I have a April 2021 build -XLT crew 4x4. Got 35000km on it now. I had one issue and that was the fuel sensor but fixed under warranty. Only thing that was wrong. So I think mine being built during the pandemic isn’t suffering any more issues than pre pandemic builds ( like some body fit issue - but minor).
Of course then there’s the deleted items but that isn’t about build quality -that’s just about bottom line for Ford and supply chain issues. How long is our list on that thread now?

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
I'm going to say no, but... looks at signature... I might be biased.

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
Hey guys,

First post here. Been lurking for about a week lol. I just got a new to me 2019 Ranger 4x2 with 41k miles on it. I ordered a 2023 Maverick Hybrid, for a work truck (I’m a homebuilder or home superintendent or professional babysitter, whatever you want to call it) so it’s more daily driver, tool hauler, small amounts of lumber moving sort of vehicle that I need. I ended up finding a good deal with this ranger, and honestly, I think I’ll stick with it. It’s more of an actual truck, and going from driving an f150 all the time, feels more of a winner for me.

I’ve seen on here about transmission issues so I plan to check mine this weekend to see if it’s low or not. It shifts okay but they feel a little harsh to me, but that may be just because I’m not used to a 10 speed.

overall I was curious if there was a general consensus on the pre-pandemic ranger being built a bit better or may be just my imagination? Hoping I made a good decision and all lol.

Appreciate y’alls time and feedback.
MY 2019 HAS JUST 26K ON IT AS I'M RETIRED AND HAVE NO PLACE TO GO. MY TRANSMISSION DOESNT SHIFT HARD SO SOMETHING DOESNT SOUND RIGHT WITH YOUR TRUCK. KNOCK ON WOOD I'VE HAD A REAL GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS TRUCK UP UNTIL THE SERVICE MANAGER TOOK IT OUT FOR A FERRIS BUELLER DAY OFF SPEED TEST AND OVER HEATED MY REAR ROTORS WHICH PULSATE NOW WHEN THEY GET HEATED UP. I DO MY OWN OIL CHANGES NOW AND ONLY USE SYNTHETIC OIL. THERE'S A SLIGHT RATTLE ON THE DRIVER SIDE DASHBOARD WHICH IS BEGINNING TO PISS ME OFF. I AVERAGE ABOUT 27MPG WHICH ISN'T BAD CONSIDERING THE MOTOR MAKES 320 HORSE AND 380 TORQUE AFTER I BOUGHT THE FORD PERFORMANCE TUNER FOR 800 BUCKS. I FIND THE RIDE A LITTLE CHOPPY BUT I HAVE THE 4X4 LARIAT WITH THE OFF ROAD PACKAGE SO NO SURPRISE THERE. ALSO THE INFOTAINMENT FREEZES UP IF I TRY TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET VIA WIFI ETC SO I TURN THAT OPTION OFF. HOPE THIS HELPS

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
HOW DO YOU CHECK THE TRANSMISSION FLUID LEVEL ON THESE TRUCKS?

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
Mines a 2019, built the 1st week (seq #3840) of production, with 48k on it now. Had 1 axle seal with a minor leak and they replaced axle complete and no other issues. 22MPG in city and 26 on highway. Tows anything I have and more. Leaving on a 2k road trip next week and all I'll do is check the oil and tire pressure. No regrets.......

IMG_5036.jpg

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
HOW DO YOU CHECK THE TRANSMISSION FLUID LEVEL ON THESE TRUCKS?
VERY CAREFULLY! :) Seriously, the dip stick is on the transmission near the CAT. Very hot, as the transmission needs to be up to temp and with the engine running. Many have found theirs underfilled from the factory. A few threads about it.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Mines a 2019, built the 1st week (seq #3840) of production, with 48k on it now. Had 1 axle seal with a minor leak and they replaced axle complete and no other issues. 22MPG in city and 26 on highway. Tows anything I have and more. Leaving on a 2k road trip next week and all I'll do is check the oil and tire pressure. No regrets.......

IMG_5036.jpg
The heck with the ranger. Let's see your jeep!

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Was the 2019 XLT MSRP $30,000?

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
21' with nearly 11k on the clock. Aside the usual spats with Android Auto, which is on Google not Ford, the parking brake boot and the rattle in the dash related to the pre-collision warning lights when it's near 0 out in the morning no serious problems. The rattle goes away when the dash is heated up.

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
VERY CAREFULLY! :) Seriously, the dip stick is on the transmission near the CAT. Very hot, as the transmission needs to be up to temp and with the engine running. Many have found theirs underfilled from the factory. A few threads about it.
We learned a rather quick and dirty cheat in U-Haul when needing to inspect transmission fluid levels. With engine running for about a minute or two, shift to reverse, then drive, to neutral then reverse and place back in park. You have to let the transmission engage each gear before changing. Gave us a very accurate read on the fluid levels opposed to waiting 15 or more minutes to make sure everything was heated up.
Sponsored