Well, now that the B&P for 2021 is up, ...

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Saw damper and almost fell out of my chair. Wrong one! Thought it was tail gate ?
You didn't notice? The Tremor comes with a double-damper on the tailgate! :giggle:
Sponsored

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Huh, it looks like FX2 no longer has skid plates of any kind!
If that's true, that's a major change, and quite unfortunate. Doesn't 2020 FX2 come with plates?

Here's 2021 FX2 from B&P:

Includes:
• FX2 Box Decal
• 17" Off-Road OWL Tires
• 18" Off-Road OWL Tires
• Electronic-Locking Rear Differential
• Exposed Front Tow Hooks
• Off-Road Screen in cluster
• Off-Road tuned suspension

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I can finally see what my changes look like on my monitor, instead of in my head! :D

On the left is what I would have ordered, given that the Tremor wasn't available. FX4 plus Sport packages, plus a few other things. On the right, the same options but the Tremor replacing the FX4 and Sport. Not a significant price difference and DEFINITELY a better looking truck!

Ranger 2021 side by side 2.png

Now, let's hope they can actually build these in the spring/early summer.
Yes, that is a great-looking Ranger! :like:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I can finally see what my changes look like on my monitor, instead of in my head! :D

On the left is what I would have ordered, given that the Tremor wasn't available. FX4 plus Sport packages, plus a few other things. On the right, the same options but the Tremor replacing the FX4 and Sport. Not a significant price difference and DEFINITELY a better looking truck!

Ranger 2021 side by side 2.png

Now, let's hope they can actually build these in the spring/early summer.
Without thinking of your post at all, I just built the same truck for myself on B&P this morning. Love the Tremor in black! Those wheels! Those tires! (Could do without the lipstick on the grill, though!)

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Without thinking of your post at all, I just built the same truck for myself on B&P this morning. Love the Tremor in black! Those wheels! Those tires! (Could do without the lipstick on the grill, though!)
Hey Marc
I think some shade of gray would look so much better. The red just screams away from the truck.
JMHO

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Hey Marc
I think some shade of gray would look so much better. The red just screams away from the truck.
JMHO
The dark gray is sweet, but for us, it doesn't match up with our motorhome, and we want it to look great while it's behind us. It might sound crazy, but it is the way a lot of full-timers think! :D

As for the grill, I'm going to see if I get used to it. If not, I'll probably spend a couple hundred and get the all black Raptor grill replacement.

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
I wish Sport Appearance wasn't forced with Tremor. Carbonized Grey with Magnetic Grey bumpers is a bit... clashy.

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
I like the Red with the darker trim.. Nice contrast

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I wish Sport Appearance wasn't forced with Tremor. Carbonized Grey with Magnetic Grey bumpers is a bit... clashy.
Yeah, I see what you mean. The package looks really nice with a very light color (white or silver) or in black. That dark gray (while I love it) does tend to fight with the other things going on.

EDIT: But, when I look at it from the side-view (which I didn't before), I really like it. It pulls all the colors together, from the body to the Tremor wheels. The front quarter views kinda fooled me, probably because of the red nostrils.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Lariat SCAB FX4 501A with tow pkg and door keypad went up $755 from 2020 model according to the 2021 build.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Lariat SCAB FX4 501A with tow pkg and door keypad went up $755 from 2020 model according to the 2021 build.
Ahhh yes, that huge sucking sound of your wallet I was talking about! They’re winding up the turbos for this collection! ?

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Ahhh yes, that huge sucking sound of your wallet I was talking about! They’re winding up the turbos for this collection! ?
Well, since these are not necessities but (instead) are desires, this tells us that Ford has done it correctly. They couldn't do these things if demand was not where it is. I don't begrudge a company for that.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Well, since these are not necessities but (instead) are desires, this tells us that Ford has done it correctly. They couldn't do these things if demand was not where it is. I don't begrudge a company for that.
Still some nice new 2020s out there with huge discounts and no price increases.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ok some non Tremor content.

I just tried to build my current truck, 2020 STX FX4 Supercab. Reverse sensing system is now a stand alone option (included in 2020), the 110 outlet and dual USB is a $120 option (again, included in 2020) and including adding in those options my current truck comes in around $1500 cheaper than the 2021. The 2021 MSRP is 36,595...quite a lot for an XL. Add another $995 for the STX special appearance package for some 18" wheels, Sync 3 and dual climate control...and why not just get the XLT at that point?
I paid $36,600 for my Lariat new

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I paid $36,600 for my Lariat new
What you paid and MSRP are totally different and not exactly relevant to the conversation. I hope you don't think I paid MSRP for my truck either.
Sponsored