RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I was surprised this wasn't posted here already, but I saw a posting on Facebook this morning about the 2024 build and price. It is apparently functional now:

https://shop.ford.com/configure/ranger/2024/model/

Just for yucks I decided to build a 2024 as similar to my 2019 as I could. I did, and it was about 7k more (51k) with no real difference (that I can tell) in what it has. I also did a Raptor and there is basically nothing you can add other than accessories - it came out to 57k. If I were to be in the market, I'd probably opt for the Raptor (assuming I wouldn't have to pay ADM).
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. Kind of a broken record now, but somehow in my moderate sized city I was the first person to walk in the doors and got the single allocation on the 1st Raptor. Go in monday to put deposit for order.

For those not on 6G some notes on Raptor:

- 3,000 count first run, dealerships are getting an allocation of 1 (yes you read that correctly) and further batches will allow for different allocations.

- Raptor has to be stock order, not retail order (meaning dealer orders it for themselves technically, I assume to to absorb the 1 allocation)

- Raptors cannot be price locked currently due to "fluctuating market prices" until your build starts. Some dealers are waiving the deposit until the price lock can occur.

- Raptor orders having to be stock purchases means you are at the dealerships whim as far as ADM pricing because you are not ordering it, the dealer is.

- Good news, even though they have to be stock orders, your dealer should be able to order exactly what you want without adding a bunch of accessory garbage to it as if it was really a stock order without a prior order. Well if your dealer is not a douche canoe.

- Delivery probably will not be till Spring 2024.

All this info comes from third party commenting and/or dealership bulletins.

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
I was surprised this wasn't posted here already, but I saw a posting on Facebook this morning about the 2024 build and price. It is apparently functional now:

Just for yucks I decided to build a 2024 as similar to my 2019 as I could. I did, and it was about 7k more (51k) with no real difference (that I can tell) in what it has. I also did a Raptor and there is basically nothing you can add other than accessories - it came out to 57k. If I were to be in the market, I'd probably opt for the Raptor (assuming I wouldn't have to pay ADM).
If you were in the market, would you pay ADM?

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
just built mine and it's only $3200 more than my 2019..... but no supercab fahq ford guess they loose my money like when they stopped making the rangers in 2012đź–•

I like how they include the appearance packages as basic included features. how is that a package then? isn't it just base features? my guess a couple years in they drop them as standard and start offering SCABS

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you were in the market, would you pay ADM?
Nope - at the end of the day, this truck is just a tool. I've really enjoyed it, but it is still just a tool. I refuse to pay ADM for a WANT.

I was a bit surprised at how much the prices have gone up. 7k in 5 (model) years. That is over a 15% increase if my math is correct. That is nuts.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
just built mine and it's only $3200 more than my 2019..... but no supercab fahq ford guess they loose my money like when they stopped making the rangers in 2012đź–•

I like how they include the appearance packages as basic included features. how is that a package then? isn't it just base features? my guess a couple years in they drop them as standard and start offering SCABS
Same here, no SCAB then not interested. Raptor SCAB, this is the way

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. Kind of a broken record now, but somehow in my moderate sized city I was the first person to walk in the doors and got the single allocation on the 1st Raptor. Go in monday to put deposit for order.

For those not on 6G some notes on Raptor:

- 3,000 count first run, dealerships are getting an allocation of 1 (yes you read that correctly) and further batches will allow for different allocations.

- Raptor has to be stock order, not retail order (meaning dealer orders it for themselves technically, I assume to to absorb the 1 allocation)

- Raptors cannot be price locked currently due to "fluctuating market prices" until your build starts. Some dealers are waiving the deposit until the price lock can occur.

- Raptor orders having to be stock purchases means you are at the dealerships whim as far as ADM pricing because you are not ordering it, the dealer is.

- Good news, even though they have to be stock orders, your dealer should be able to order exactly what you want without adding a bunch of accessory garbage to it as if it was really a stock order without a prior order. Well if your dealer is not a douche canoe.

- Delivery probably will not be till Spring 2024.

All this info comes from third party commenting and/or dealership bulletins.
Interesting. Given there will only be 3,000 first run, you can guarantee most dealers will do ADM on them.

You can't really customize the Raptors too much. About the only thing you can do is order the color and add accessories (floor mats, mud flaps, tonneau cover, etc, etc).

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
Nope - at the end of the day, this truck is just a tool. I've really enjoyed it, but it is still just a tool. I refuse to pay ADM for a WANT.

I was a bit surprised at how much the prices have gone up. 7k in 5 (model) years. That is over a 15% increase if my math is correct. That is nuts.
I'm glad you answered that way! If consumers don't resist, ADM's will become a standard way of doing business. My wife is talking about trading in her 2020 Corsair so we'll start looking soon. An ADM sticker on anything on the lot will be enough for me to leave.

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad you answered that way! If consumers don't resist, ADM's will become a standard way of doing business. My wife is talking about trading in her 2020 Corsair so we'll start looking soon. An ADM sticker on anything on the lot will be enough for me to leave.
Agreed. I've never been one of the "gotta have the latest, greatest" crowd. I replace things when they outlive their lifespan or my needs have changed but not before.

I did splurge a bit on my 2019, but between incentives and X-Plan I saved about 10% off MSRP on it - and zero ADM.

When I see a lot with ADM on it, I leave as well. ADM is nothing more than a money grab by the dealer.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Given there will only be 3,000 first run, you can guarantee most dealers will do ADM on them.

You can't really customize the Raptors too much. About the only thing you can do is order the color and add accessories (floor mats, mud flaps, tonneau cover, etc, etc).
Some buyers are reporting being able to get MSRP orders at their dealers.

I will find out myself on Monday - I am hoping to not have one at all, but I have a maximum ADM I am willing to pay which I would still not be happy about, but something I am willing to absorb. Its not a small amount, but not exactly end of the world amount either.

Once I can lock the price I want, I will then shoot for stretched out term with lowest APR possible. I'm not worried about over extended loan terms on this specific vehicle which will always be low mileage (like my current Ranger), but retain value even better. I generally pay stuff off way early anyhow.

Alas, I doubt I will be able to secure 0% APR like I have now as they are not desperate to sell things.

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Some buyers are reporting being able to get MSRP orders at their dealers.

I will find out myself on Monday - I am hoping to not have one at all, but I have a maximum ADM I am willing to pay which I would still not be happy about, but something I am willing to absorb. Its not a small amount, but not exactly end of the world amount either.
Given what we saw with the Bronco, and the limit on volume, I'd be shocked if dealers didn't tack on a pretty hefty "Market Adjustment" for most/all of the Raptors. I can't say I'm surprised, but it is still depressing. And I'm not sure you can count on what they tell you on Monday - they can change their mind up until the moment you sign the papers to take delivery since the pricing is still not locked.

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter

Wondering if there would be the same opportunity to negotiate and incentives on these new trucks or are they going to hold at MSRP. I ran through the build and came up with the same as you at $7k higher; however, if I compare it to what I actually paid after negotiating/incentives it jumps up to $12k. This before tax, title, license, of course since both trucks have that...although, if dealers won't budge and/or there are no incentives, the taxes will be quite a bit higher.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Given what we saw with the Bronco, and the limit on volume, I'd be shocked if dealers didn't tack on a pretty hefty "Market Adjustment" for most/all of the Raptors. I can't say I'm surprised, but it is still depressing. And I'm not sure you can count on what they tell you on Monday - they can change their mind up until the moment you sign the papers to take delivery since the pricing is still not locked.
That is fine I am willing to walk.

I have a few aces up my sleeve to help if it comes to that.

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if there would be the same opportunity to negotiate and incentives on these new trucks or are they going to hold at MSRP. I ran through the build and came up with the same as you at $7k higher; however, if I compare it to what I actually paid after negotiating/incentives it jumps up to $12k. This before tax, title, license, of course since both trucks have that...although, if dealers won't budge and/or there are no incentives, the taxes will be quite a bit higher.
Yeah, mine would be 11k more after what I actually paid.

I would guess actual delivered pricing would be up to each dealer. I've heard rumors they are getting rid of X-Plan but I don't think I've seen anything definitive. And dealers don't have to honor X-Plan if they don't want to.
Sponsored