First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry to hear about the hit and run, I hate drunk drivers!! With that said at least you're alright as vehicles can be replaced but lives can not. Hopefully one day they catch the jack@ss and/ or karma gets him. Crazy that it's totaled though but hopefully you can get yourself a new one. You know we're all here to help you spend money all over again. lol Good luck!

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase

RangerRandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Paint and Body
It'll be back. The insurance co will sell it at auction (probably for good money) and it'll get repaired. Will have a salvage and/or rebuilt title but still on the road.
It's too new and nice of a truck to scrap.

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
nobody should get their panties in a knot over this being a write off.
the damage itself was repairable
it came down to the OP wanting a full frame and that's huge labour to change.

the insurance company did the right thing here, that truck has a lot of value still in it for them to recoup.they'll come out on top regardless
Pretty much.

though to be fair, the sectioned frame estimate was still $17,290 vs $18,910 for the full frame - and the full frame is easier on the shop from what they told me.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Actually , now that I think about it , if I'm cutting trucks in half , a super cab with the 5 foot bed would look pretty awsome... when I win the lottery , both those trucks will exist, I SWEAR IT ! .... and I'll pay PA millions to make them go faster...

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Lots of people have expressed interest in a long bed crew cab, looks like a PEFFECT candidate for the right shop...
Bound to be a front end wreck scab out there...
Stretch the frame?
The 6ā€™ bed is longer in front of the rear wheel. I think this would mean extending harnesses, plumbing, drive shaft, and list of other odd and ends. Iā€™d like to see it. Hell, Iā€™d like to own one, from Ford though.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Stretch the frame?
The 6ā€™ bed is longer in front of the rear wheel. I think this would mean extending harnesses, plumbing, drive shaft, and list of other odd and ends. Iā€™d like to see it. Hell, Iā€™d like to own one, from Ford though.
Stretch one , cut the other... short bed supercab ftw... the "SCAMP" would be the electric version of course...

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Stretch the frame?
Synyster06Gates, glad youā€™re okay. Your Tremor was one of the nicest Iā€™ve seen too. A shame to see it damaged.

YES!!! I am one of those SuperCrew/longbed holdouts. Seems like pretty low hanging fruit for Ford to make it happen with an extended wheelbase. I spent 8 hours on the interstates Saturday driving from NC to PA and was surprised how many longbed crew cab were on the roadā€¦. Mostly Tacomaā€™s and a few Coloradoā€™s. Many with caps on the bed.

Crazy to me Ford doesnā€™t have this configuration when ALL of the BoF midsize competition does (minus Jeep)?!?! For all those who hunt and camp with their trucks and sleep in the bed, a 6ā€™ box makes more sense and the take rate is much higher with a SuperCrew. For the overland crowd, this configuration is hugely popular and Ford is definitely missing out on market share because of this quite literal shortcoming. Oh and if they do make this configuration, I would hope it would be offered with a Tremor package. It would make for the perfect base overland rig right from the factory!

Last edited:

Danny RN

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired Army/Registered Nurse.
I will say getting a XLT tremor a year ago for 38K was as cheap as anyone could have gotten one. I thought the base price was like 42K? Was it a negotiation or was that advertised price? Good work on that.
Sponsored