Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
53 years ago today the TET offensive of 68 began.
My brother was hanging out in the Tonkin, yachting with the Navy then. I followed on a few years later. Funny thing, we both served with the same Chief, different ships, same rates, same station.

Welcome home to all I haven't welcomed back.

? To the lads!
Sponsored

Larrykime

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
You should see the latest AC-130. Crazy stuff.
Gunship flyover last Friday.
20210131_120427.jpg
Looks like Herbert Field, I retired out of Eglin. The emerald Coast is fantastic.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
out Ft, Lewis Nov 28 70 , home end of Jan after drive down west coast accross to Miami up east coast to RI . Drove in my 69 Z 28 so it was fun all the way . Parents were mad to say the least .
You know the first thing I did when I left the hospital was pack the truck. I drove from TN to Wyoming, then went to Yellowstone. Stayed away for about a month. I had to return for another surgery.

Dr: so how was everything after you last procedure? You take care of those stitches?
Me: I went to Yellowstone and stayed with a friend in Wyoming.
Dr: oh so you traveled with family, well I guess it turned out ok, but we told you not to do anything stressful.
Me: No I drove
Dr: :mad:

GySgt.Elliott

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Medical device manufacturing, Retired USMC
Another Jarhead here. 20 years (87-07) retired as a GySgt (E-7). Boot in San Diego, Training in Pensacola, stationed in Scotland, K-Bay Hawaii, Ft Meade, Cherry Point, Goodfellow AFB Texas, and Camp Pendleton. Was in Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia, Bosnia, and Kosovo.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Another Jarhead here. 20 years (87-07) retired as a GySgt (E-7). Boot in San Diego, Training in Pensacola, stationed in Scotland, K-Bay Hawaii, Ft Meade, Cherry Point, Goodfellow AFB Texas, and Camp Pendleton. Was in Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia, Bosnia, and Kosovo.
Welcome Home !

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was in basic for the tail end of Desert Storm and got a NSDR for it. Then I was on alert for Somalia, Bosnia, and Kosovo, to the point of actually having all my stuff packed before they changed their minds. I had an uneventful time in the Army, and while I don't regret it I wonder sometimes about the guys that didn't make it home.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a veteran but spent my career working as an engineer for defense contractors on some of the toys you may have used, or at least helped you out. A short list in no particular order: AH-1 Cobra, V-22, KC-135, F-22, and last but certainly not least the Viper F-16. Have all the respect in the world for you guys. Thanks for your service.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

Hank the Tank

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Housing Case Manager, Full-time student
Vehicle Showcase
Navy
9 1/2 years
AWV1 (NAC/AW), Naval Aircrewman (Avionics) on the EP-3E, and "C" school instructor.
Proud recipient of the DD-214. I am currently working as a housing case manager in the Supportive Service for Veteran Families (SSVF) program housing homeless veterans. Full-time student (Aeronautics).

Hank the Tank

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Housing Case Manager, Full-time student
Vehicle Showcase
Cool thread. 9 1/2 years Navy and got medically discharged but continued to work for the Department of Navy as a civilian electrician for another 6 years before the base was decommissioned in 2011 and the VA determined I'm 100% permanent disabled. Started as an AT ended up a AE in the end. Spent my career with P3 aircraft. Wife spent two years in Army reserves then 10 as a Navy AO.
Ahh the venerable P-3. I flew on airframes built in 1969, still flying around 2011-2012, though they're now resting easy in the "bone yard". That airframe was like a trusty farm truck, not pretty, but damn tough.

Skeezix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Electronic Tech
Ahh the venerable P-3. I flew on airframes built in 1969, still flying around 2011-2012, though they're now resting easy in the "bone yard". That airframe was like a trusty farm truck, not pretty, but damn tough.
And yet the C130 and B52 still fly.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
And yet the C130 and B52 still fly.
The C-130-J is still being produced, one of, if not the longest, continuously produced aircraft since 1956 (first flight 1954).
The B-52 is still in inventory and went out of series production in 1962(!). There is quite a cottage industry keeping the 60+ year-old airframes flying; they are technically not as "old" as they might seem.
Old yarn:
...One of the rarest exhibits at the Smithsonian Museum is the actual axe George Washington used to chop down the cherry tree. One night, there was a fire in the wing where the axe resides and the handle was totally burned off, so it was replaced with an exact replica. Some years later there was a heist at the museum and among the items never recovered was the blade to the axe, so a new one was forged and attached to the handle.

And visitors to the Smithsonian still marvel at the actual axe George Washington used to chop down the cherry tree...
Sponsored