First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Didn't take pictures of the dash display but I just gassed up today. Still computer saying average 19.4 and hand calc was 18.95.

Considering I wasn't breaking 17 MPG averages before I'm still enthusiastic about this accessory.

I was hoping aFe would be shipping their airbox mod by now so I can test the combo.

Haven't had the Eibach fronts installed yet to raise the front yet either... I expect that to push my efficiency back down. I'll leave a little rake to it though. The raised haunches bother me ?

Certainly some of you have yours in hand or en route?

And for those wondering, this will accentuate any replacement airbox EXCEPT the ones that don't draw air from on top of the cowling over the radiator/intercooler. If you have one of those super exotic snorkel boxes for deep water excursions this would be pointless

Last edited:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Received and installed! A little tight with the “Raptor” lights but it’s in!
This is good to hear....mine is supposed to be here tomorrow an I have the raptor lights. I've been working late so I don't know when I'll get a chance to install it.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get how an air intake could potentially increase MPG by 2 MPG?

Can anyone explain that to me?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don't know if it will or not but it's pretty cheap if it does help. Maybe it makes breathing easier on the motor? I'm also wondering about a ram air effect on performance.

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I don't get how an air intake could potentially increase MPG by 2 MPG?

Can anyone explain that to me?
From the website and discussed in this thread the concept is channelling air via this 'duct' system rather than just having a large area below the opening in the under hood through the cowl covering the radiator/intercooler will charge the intake area at speed improving air density. That presumably doesn't happen with the stock confirmation.

Velossa Tech advocates that it simulates running at a lower altitude. You know how you don't need high octane at high altitude because the air is thin, and gas mileage is lower? I suspect this works the other way.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
From the website and discussed in this thread the concept is channelling air via this 'duct' system rather than just having a large area below the opening in the under hood through the cowl covering the radiator/intercooler will charge the intake area at speed improving air density. That presumably doesn't happen with the stock confirmation.

Velossa Tech advocates that it simulates running at a lower altitude. You know how you don't need high octane at high altitude because the air is thin, and gas mileage is lower? I suspect this works the other way.
I've read the stuff on the Veloosa tech website and it just sounds too good to be true - like snake oil. I'd love to hear from people who installed it and got the advertised 2MPG. For $129, that would be a pretty good deal, IMO - If it is indeed true.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
would like to the see the air/fuel numbers with this thing. its got to be introducing a excalibrated lean cruise condition on the PCM to get 2 MPG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
A side effect I got on my 2.7 Fusion my intake box temps are usually 3-5 degrees cooler than the ambient temps when I'm cruising. Not stop and go but more at constant speeds over 45 mph.Temps on my truck are at or above ambient temp even when cruising on the highway. Mostly above. I'll compare what gains I pick up compared to the scoop I made last year.

bobafetske

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
How was install with Raptor Lights? Any cutting or alterations needed?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Got mine today. Mine came with 2 allen screws to replace the factory ones. Don't know when I'll get a chance to install it, been working late every day. I have the raptor lights an another member said it fits but it's tight.
Sponsored