First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Surprisingling enough the grills can get clogged with snow real quick here in Colorado. I can confirm this one myself from living in Leadville and working in Silverthorne. It gets bad enough here the snow and ice build up makes you think your wheels and tires are out of ballance.

To sum it up I support John on this one.
I can't say this is an end-all be-all item for everyone. Those of us below the Mason-Dixon line (sorry Arizona) could probably benefit.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I can't say this is an end-all be-all item for everyone. Those of us below the Mason-Dixon line (sorry Arizona) could probably benefit.
Its alright, I at least understand where this can benefit. It isnt the first time I have seen the product in general. I actually but it just isnt for me

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I'm near Cleveland an we get some snow...not crazy but a fair amount an I'm not too worried about it. I will keep an eye on it if there's a wet heavy now an I drive a lot in it. My commute is 11 or 12 miles each way an if the weather is that bad it's not moving very fast. I avoid making long drives unless necessary if there's heavy snow expected. Heck maybe I'll throw a spare air filter under the seat in case the one in the air box gets soaked but I doubt it will happen.

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Its alright, I at least understand where this can benefit. It isnt the first time I have seen the product in general. I actually but it just isnt for me
The awesome thing about the Ranger is the emerging market for modding the truck to individual goals.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I’m assuming, by the install pic, that this will not work if you have the Raptor Style Grill Lights.

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I’m assuming, by the install pic, that this will not work if you have the Raptor Style Grill Lights.
I looked at a couple member's rides and while the Rapter grill might not be an obstruction the XLT grill is going to hide the 'mouth' visibly. Can't say what effect on airflow it might be.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I looked at a couple member's rides and while the Rapter grill might not be an obstruction the XLT grill is going to hide the 'mouth' visibly. Can't say what effect on airflow it might be.
I have a Lariat and I added the Raptor style grill lights (Not the actual grill). From looking at the OP's location pic....it seems like the lights could be an issue. I'll wait and see what others find out. But I like the idea and I would gladly take another 1-2 mpg's!

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I feel like rain and snow (that I encounter anyway) wouldn't be much of an issue since the Big Mouth doesn't feed directly into the air box. Same with any water crossing. It would have to be pretty deep water crossing to drive water into the air box. Since the Big Mouth ends at the stock location on top of the grill, I feel like you have to be driving in flood water and floating away for that to cause issues. A concern for some? Sure. But I don't plan on doing any extreme water crossings or anything.

I'll share pictures of the install with my XLT grill once I get it installed. It may not provide a clear path to the intake like on the lariat but I don't think it will cause a significant blockage that would cause a decrease in performance

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered mine (black w/red flare). Hopefully I guessed correctly that red is a closer match to HPR than molten orange. I also pre-ordered the red aFe airbox scoop.

I also have the 4 led light bar on my Lariat grill. I'm prepared to trim the bracket to fit around the Big Mouth if necessary