Useful 3D printed items..

Legendarily-Epic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 1991 Honda CRX SI
I am going to order ABS when I run out again. Do you print the ABS at a higher infill when using it in a car? I'll have to look up a Voron.
Generally yes, as I do like to be on the safer side of things.

Voron's are nice but do have what I might call a steep learning curve depending on your skill set and experience with 3D printers already. Voron is really an open source group of individuals that said lets design and build some top of the line 3D printers using nothing but off the shelf parts and 3D printed parts. They release the BOMs, STLs, and build instructions so that you can source the parts and build the printer yourself. Reputable companies have now come along and sourced the parts for you and sell them as kits (ex. LDO). You will have to completely build, wire, and do all the firmware/software install, configuration, and calibration. All the instructions are out there. You'll have to learn Klipper but it's well worth it as it lets you have so much more control over the printer. Even all of that aside kits can still be on the expensive side for some considering you getting nothing but pieces. My Voron V0.1 only has print bed size of 120mmx120mm and the kit cost $650 and I still had to spend hours building it and getting it up and running. A Voron V2.4 kit configured with a build plate of 300mm x 300mm will run you $1,350. They are beasts when you get them going though and can really push some limits with print speed while maintaining quality. Right now my Voron V0.1 prints just about 4x faster than my Ender3 Pro with the same quality. Voron might be overkill for most but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of building it myself.
Sponsored

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I am surprised nobody has printed the missing middle piece to connect the Velossatech Big Mouth directly to the AEM air scoop.

Intake.jpeg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I am surprised nobody has printed the missing middle piece to connect the Velossatech Big Mouth directly to the AEM air scoop.

Intake.jpeg
That's way too complex to tackle...you'd have to have a scan of the negative space between the hood and panel...easier to go a more direct route from air box straight to grill and eliminate both parts...

Not Ranger related but I designed/printed a head lamp guard for my minimoto...

IMG_8170.JPG

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
That's way too complex to tackle...you'd have to have a scan of the negative space between the hood and panel...easier to go a more direct route from air box straight to grill and eliminate both parts...
3D printing in general seems too complex for me to ever grasp lol

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I love m PRUSA. Have done a console box divider, a Car Pool lane box holder, and a pair of sun shade clips.
Working on some tanoue cover lower rings. Have one design, but need to refine it. Only way to do it was with a printer.

OP
OP
CompDude

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
I love m PRUSA. Have done a console box divider, a Car Pool lane box holder, and a pair of sun shade clips.
Working on some tanoue cover lower rings. Have one design, but need to refine it. Only way to do it was with a printer.
Have a link to the sun shade clips?

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Surprised no one is attempting Engine covers lol.

I don't know much about 3D printing so I have no idea how hard or easy it would be.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD

I don't know much about 3D printing so I have no idea how hard or easy it would be.
It would have to be done in a module set up and would take a long time.

Once finished, the operator of the printer will look something like this:
NXFczLh.gif

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager

Intake.jpeg
If you just use adhesive backed foam you can create walls that fill the gap between hood and plastic to ensure that air is channeled in.

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
There's some really cool ideas in here but I just wanted to give a shout out to the guy who made the ignition ring bezel. Every time I get in my truck, for a split second, I think "man I love that thing" before I set off. ? Props to that guy.

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase

too hot in the engine bay for 3d printed parts

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I would like to see someone print a outline bezel for the HVAC, I laid some reflective silver vinyl strips so I could see the controls with my sunglasses on, but I would like something better.
Either outline around the top edge or on the skinny bezel where I laid the vinyl, then paint it anything but black.
IMG_3588.jpeg

When they first started printing with metal, Honda had some water pipes made for the Indycar engine, I go and install them on a engine that was on the dyno, they fill up the system and the pipes were like a sprinkler, literally flowed water like pumice stone, the designer (after I chewed him out, changing anything on a hot dyno sucks) came back and said "oh I didn't realize there was a additional step to seal the material" these pipes were like $4000 and once they were contaminated with anti-rust they could not be sealed.

Honda uses a ton of printed parts, in the beginning it was for development use only, but it got so good and cheap, parts started making it on race engines.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to see someone print a outline bezel for the HVAC, I laid some reflective silver vinyl strips so I could see the controls with my sunglasses on, but I would like something better.
Either outline around the top edge or on the skinny bezel where I laid the vinyl, then paint it anything but black.
IMG_3588.jpeg

When they first started printing with metal, Honda had some water pipes made for the Indycar engine, I go and install them on a engine that was on the dyno, they fill up the system and the pipes were like a sprinkler, literally flowed water like pumice stone, the designer (after I chewed him out, changing anything on a hot dyno sucks) came back and said "oh I didn't realize there was a additional step to seal the material" these pipes were like $4000 and once they were contaminated with anti-rust they could not be sealed.

Honda uses a ton of printed parts, in the beginning it was for development use only, but it got so good and cheap, parts started making it on race engines.
I'd just make a panel that blocks everything but AUTO...

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
How about some nice molded Tremor mudflaps? scan and modify the Husky or weathertech's? I would but them

LB
Sponsored