OP
OP
WhiteRangerDanger

WhiteRangerDanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Thanks everyone, I will definitely check the calibration and hopefully its tuned and it does feel like it cuz it's fast. Yeah, when I went to the dealer and mind you I have been researching how a regular XLT Ranger exterior looks, which already looks nice with the 301 and Sport package. I was ready to negotiate but when I saw how it looked and saw all the upgrades. I wasn't going to haggle because all those upgrades/mods are already over 6k. The dealer most likely didn't know what they had. Lastly, I was always getting reved when I had my other cars but I didn't expect it when I have a truck, it's already happened 3x in a week, to me, that's weird.
Sponsored

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Here are pics of the exterior
Nice looking truck and price...almost too good to be true. How did you come into possession of Ranger?

Earlier this year, I drove past a Chevrolet dealer not far from my daughter's house in South Carolina. Saw an unfamiliar truck, I couldn't tell what it was, must be a new truck that came out recently that I totally missed.

I pulled into the lot, and as I got closer, I realized it was a 5g Ranger with so much bling (crap) on it the truck would have been at home in a ghetto. Then, I wondered how it ended up on a Chevrolet dealer lot?

Repo from the auction or a trade...wishing I had taken an image of it....

OP
OP
WhiteRangerDanger

WhiteRangerDanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Nice looking truck and price...almost too good to be true. How did you come into possession of Ranger?

Earlier this year, I drove past a Chevrolet dealer not far from my daughter's house in South Carolina. Saw an unfamiliar truck, I couldn't tell what it was, must be a new truck that came out recently that I totally missed.

I pulled into the lot, and as I got closer, I realized it was a 5g Ranger with so much bling (crap) on it the truck would have been at home in a ghetto. Then, I wondered how it ended up on a Chevrolet dealer lot?

Repo from the auction or a trade...wishing I had taken an image of it....
I agree, I guess I just got lucky because I have been researching this truck for the past 2 months. I checked the VIN on carfax before going to see it at the Subaru Dealership and it was totally clean, no accidents, all maintenanace up to date.

WOW it even has the Lariat engine cover!You did well. Welcome to the tribe.
Nice observation, I thought these were standard.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I agree, I guess I just got lucky because I have been researching this truck for the past 2 months. I checked the VIN on carfax before going to see it at the Subaru Dealership and it was totally clean, no accidents, all maintenanace up to date.

Nice observation, I thought these were standard.
Not anymore.
Good catch on the truck. It's pretty AND loaded!

Dogdays

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Occupation
retired
Hi
I just joined yesterday and this is my first post. Also, I am not sure if this is the right thread to place my question in...To the admin, please move this topic if necessary.

So I just bought a used 2020 XLT FX2 Ranger with 35500 miles for $32500 a week ago. This is my first truck, I have alwasy had sporty/muscle/import cars, such as GT350, Foucs ST, G37, 3000GT etc etc. You can say I am very wet behind the ears when it comes to trucks but I LOVE it so far.
I guess the previos owner modified a bunch of stuff on the truck and came with all the following:
AFE Power Exhaust
K&N not sure if it's CAI or just a sticker
AFE snorkel in the egine bay , not sure what this is for.
Ford Perf Calibration Tool
Tremor Grill
Tremor wheel lip kit molding
Step rails
Bed cover
Bed mat
Bed spray
Swing tool box
Tailgate dampner...seems like everyone makes fun of this, not sure why though
All the lights you can think of...fog, hood, raptor grill lights, back up, under glow and the module that controls all the lights
Just wanted to add the above items just in case the community asked

Now, the reason for this thread.
Since I have the Ford Perf Calibration Tool, should I assum that the truck is tuned? I called the FP tech team, gave them the VIN and they do not have the truck on file. I have attached pics of the engine and other stuff and maybe you all can tell, recommend or anything to see if it's tuned. Lastly, I did fill up with 87 octane once but maybe I should start using 91 since I am not sure of the tune.

Thanks everyone i advance

FP Colab Tool.jpg

WFE exhaust.jpg

KN.jpg

Eng1.jpg

Eng2.jpg

Eng3.jpg

Eng4.jpg
If it was a "home" installation, it probably wouldn't be on the servers. And, a home installation would also void the warranty for that product since it was not dealer installed. It most likely has the tune package, but no warranty. My dealer quoted 400.00 for the install. So, it's probably non dealer install per instructions for self installation.

Dogdays

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Occupation
retired
Hi
I just joined yesterday and this is my first post. Also, I am not sure if this is the right thread to place my question in...To the admin, please move this topic if necessary.

So I just bought a used 2020 XLT FX2 Ranger with 35500 miles for $32500 a week ago. This is my first truck, I have alwasy had sporty/muscle/import cars, such as GT350, Foucs ST, G37, 3000GT etc etc. You can say I am very wet behind the ears when it comes to trucks but I LOVE it so far.
I guess the previos owner modified a bunch of stuff on the truck and came with all the following:
AFE Power Exhaust
K&N not sure if it's CAI or just a sticker
AFE snorkel in the egine bay , not sure what this is for.
Ford Perf Calibration Tool
Tremor Grill
Tremor wheel lip kit molding
Step rails
Bed cover
Bed mat
Bed spray
Swing tool box
Tailgate dampner...seems like everyone makes fun of this, not sure why though
All the lights you can think of...fog, hood, raptor grill lights, back up, under glow and the module that controls all the lights
Just wanted to add the above items just in case the community asked

Now, the reason for this thread.
Since I have the Ford Perf Calibration Tool, should I assum that the truck is tuned? I called the FP tech team, gave them the VIN and they do not have the truck on file. I have attached pics of the engine and other stuff and maybe you all can tell, recommend or anything to see if it's tuned. Lastly, I did fill up with 87 octane once but maybe I should start using 91 since I am not sure of the tune.

Thanks everyone i advance

FP Colab Tool.jpg

WFE exhaust.jpg

KN.jpg

Eng1.jpg

Eng2.jpg

Eng3.jpg

Eng4.jpg
The K & N filter does come with kit for the power tune up. Looks like you have a home bought and installed kit.

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
If it was a "home" installation, it probably wouldn't be on the servers.
This is incorrect. The calibration tool uploads the original stock tune to the FP servers and is tied to your VIN.

Everything seems to point that OP has a tuned truck, but it could have been deleted prior to the sale. He did right by contacting FP because they know best. I would do some more digging on the calibration tool and a couple more emails to Ford Performance if I were in his shoes.

Dogdays

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Occupation
retired
This is incorrect. The calibration tool uploads the original stock tune to the FP servers and is tied to your VIN.

Everything seems to point that OP has a tuned truck, but it could have been deleted prior to the sale. He did right by contacting FP because they know best. I would do some more digging on the calibration tool and a couple more emails to Ford Performance if I were in his shoes.
That still does not mean the previous owner did not do a self installation of the FP package. And yeah, getting a hold of ford performance to get info, good. But, why delete it?

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
That still does not mean the previous owner did not do a self installation of the FP package.
Never did I mention anything of the sort. I only corrected you. Home installation, dealer installation, doesn't matter. The tool uploads the stock tune to FP servers in case something goes wrong. There will always be a copy of the trucks original tune with Ford tied to the VIN.

Dogdays

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Occupation
retired
Never did I mention anything of the sort. I only corrected you. Home installation, dealer installation, doesn't matter. The tool uploads the stock tune to FP servers in case something goes wrong. There will always be a copy of the trucks original tune with Ford tied to the VIN.
Okay, but why delete it?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Dealers scan tool will tell if a tune was ever used in the truck. Did you get the truck from a Ford dealer or other? If Ford you should have them scan it because of that. It would affect your warranty or what ever they sold you with the truck.

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
Okay, but why delete it?
That's the $800 question. Maybe the previous owner thought it would be better for some reason? Or the Subaru dealer thought it might mess with a warranty? Like I said, everything points to a tune, but if Ford Performance has nothing with that VIN then that kind of trumps all theories at this point.

Dogdays

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Occupation
retired
That's the $800 question. Maybe the previous owner thought it would be better for some reason? Or the Subaru dealer thought it might mess with a warranty? Like I said, everything points to a tune, but if Ford Performance has nothing with that VIN then that kind of trumps all theories at this point.
Yeah, because a self installation voids the warranty without question. That would make sense. But, fraudulent all the same.
Sponsored