Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger WildTrak
Occupation
I could tell you, but then I’d have to….
You're going to miss that smooth diesel power and fuel economy when you go back. Maybe they'll let you take it with you? Don't know what the US rules are about RHD cars.
In Aus you can register and drive any LHD vehicle as longs as it is >30 years old.
Definitely will! I’m getting around 900km on a tank. The towing capacity will be missed as well. Hopefully they’ll increase that when the Gen 6 hits the States. Unfortunately won’t be able to take this one home with me. Would be perfect next to my Bronco!

50DA0490-523B-4775-8FE6-546AC3FB4AB1.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
So is ford not even paying attention to what people want?

Kind of funny an american brand makes imported models look better than their home turf designs.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Models in different parts of the world often look different due to different requirements by NHTSA.
You're going to miss that smooth diesel power and fuel economy when you go back. Maybe they'll let you take it with you? Don't know what the US rules are about RHD cars.
In Aus you can register and drive any LHD vehicle as longs as it is >30 years old.
RHD cars are okay, as many postal carriers use them. It would be expensive to ship it here. But the main drawback is that it wouldn't meet safety and emission standards here.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I haven't noticed the steps filling up with anything so far.

As for the size, when I said bigger, it's not likely noticeably so unless you really checked. It's maybe 2 inches wider and 2 inches longer. I'd have to google to be sure of the exact specs.

Of course, there's always going to be those who aren't happy with anything. But, as the saying goes, f**k 'em.
Good to hear on the steps. Without having it here yet, usabilty still is an unknown, at least for me.

As fory rant. It was not based on the 6G Ranger specifically. I eas a comment on what appears to be a general trend in the US. The full-size trucks have been on a continual growth tend for some time here. The early F150s were originally the size of the current 5G Ranger, with the possible exception of width. The want for a smaller truck actually spawned the creation of the original Ranger "compact" truck. Then came the Dodge Dakota "mid-size" truck. So, the F150 and the Ranger grew. Now we have the Maverick to fill in where the Ranger use to be, just not quite as capable. That's because it had to be more comfortable and ride like a car. Yes it is only an inch or two now. Hardly noticeable! But, in your owm comments you mention the wider seats, better rear seat angle, so it IS noticeable. Wider track, longer wheel base, doesn’t seem like much, but it does affect handling in tight spaces. Parking lots always seem to shrink spaces and narrow aisles so they can park more "cars".

It seems in the ROW you have more trim levels and more ala cart options availabe than we get here. Maybe it how a our sales model works here. Or, the fact week so many more size models to chose from. We also currently, this may change, only get one engine transmission choice, in the Ranger, no diesels allowed.

I guess I'm just getting old and no longer get this sub-cultural bigger is better, faster is better thing. Some type of status thing I guess. Don’t get me wrong, I love all the technology amd creature comforts of the new trucks have. I just don't get the constant growth trend.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
So is ford not even paying attention to what people want?

Kind of funny an american brand makes imported models look better than their home turf designs.
Is this concept even new?

How many other regular every day products are on the market and the first thing that comes to mind is; "Who the F designed this and was the peer study group the engineer's kid's 1st grade art class?"

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Is this concept even new?

How many other regular every day products are on the market and the first thing that comes to mind is; "Who the F designed this and was the peer study group the engineer's kid's 1st grade art class?"
Pretty much any time I drive on the streets in my town.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Models in different parts of the world often look different due to different requirements by NHTSA.

RHD cars are okay, as many postal carriers use them. It would be expensive to ship it here. But the main drawback is that it wouldn't meet safety and emission standards here.
Safety would probably be ok, Australia uses the NCAP system and the ANCAP standard is virtually the same as the Euro NCAP one. Even the 5G model here meets and exceeds 5 star NCAP. Same with the emission standards however in diesels we lag one cycle behind the Europeans so the current model is only Euro 5 which might be a sticky point for the US. "Commercial vehicles" have always been held to a lower emission requirement here than passenger vehicles. So if you bought the Everest station wagon version of the Ranger, you get Euro 6 and Add Blue, as well as a slightly reduced engine output because it is regarded as a passenger vehicle.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I remember when the new 2018 Mustang spy pics were floating around the web. The owners of the 2015-2017 models were pissing and moaning about, how could Ford ever do such a redesign to ruin the Mustang. The ranting and speculating was rampant. Then a couple years later the old design was slowly being traded in for the new one by many of those same people. This is true of all redesigns done by auto manufacturers. We are slow to adapt to change and some of us never do. Right now I prefer the current 5G but who knows how I will feel after seeing the new one years down the road.

Counting Buck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Father | Hunter | Accountant
Why in the heck are they keeping that ugly front end?! I assumed they'd lose it and it was only like that for international safety standards... Holy crap they messed up.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Why in the heck are they keeping that ugly front end?! I assumed they'd lose it and it was only like that for international safety standards... Holy crap they messed up.
We aren't allowed to have steel bumpers anymore in case some errant pedestrian should run in front of your truck. Of course the fact that behind the plastic bumper is a reinforced steel safety bar, and behind that is 2300 odd Kg of truck following the law of physics where Ke = 1/2 MV2 doesn't enter into the equation, at anything above walking speed he's going to be just as dead. Naturally most people here immediately rip off the plastic bumper and replace it with an aftermarket steel one, or nudge bar, or bull-bar anyway, because of random kangaroos who run in front of your truck at night. And the crazy thing is that's perfectly legal!

Last edited:

Azhang253

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
I honestly really like the size of the 6G. I don’t mind the wider track width, more stable on and off road and I like the look. He’ll even if the interior is a little roomier that’s a big improvement too (with a kid on the way, I do want as much interior space as I can possible get). I understand for those who live in urban areas it may be a drawback.

the front end of the non raptor is pretty ugly. I’d have to put on an aftermarket bumper or something for sure.
Either way, it’s all moot since I’m probably taking delivery of my 5G soon haha. Very interested in how the turbo Tacoma and Colorado do once they come out. More competition is always better!

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4
Regarding the Ranger Raptor.....word of caution....as everyone speculates with regards to any coming model for any brand....I'd assume availability of the Ranger Raptor will be fairly limited and limiting that even further will probably be the price of it....some people will get their hands on it...but I don't expect many given the probable price and other options available around the same price.

For a reference the 2023 GMC Canyon AT4X Edition 1 truck sold out on orders in 10 minutes (not sure # units) but I believe they started at a hair just over $66k USD.
Sponsored