Upper Control Arms for Cast Iron Spindles

HotShotOffroad

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Has anybody with cast iron spindles installed the SPC UCAs? These also seem to be one of the few options for us with steel spindles.

https://hotshotoffroad.com/collecti...control-arms-19-ranger?variant=39470125842481
SPC UCA's are awesome. We have ran these on multiple vehicles and have loved them every time. They are not the most "flashy" looking things out there but dollar for dollar they are one of the best performing models out there. Huge adjustment area. And if for any reason the ball joint fails its a simple swap out versus having to replace entire control arm. Plus their warranty isnt bad either lol

If anyone is looking for either steel (or even aluminum) compatible SPC's, we currently have both in stock and on hand!

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
SPC UCA's are awesome. We have ran these on multiple vehicles and have loved them every time. They are not the most "flashy" looking things out there but dollar for dollar they are one of the best performing models out there. Huge adjustment area. And if for any reason the ball joint fails its a simple swap out versus having to replace entire control arm. Plus their warranty isnt bad either lol

If anyone is looking for either steel (or even aluminum) compatible SPC's, we currently have both in stock and on hand!
This is being added to my wish list. I always use SPC. Quality products without the flashy stuff needed.

RangerBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
This is being added to my wish list. I always use SPC. Quality products without the flashy stuff needed.
Thanks for the feedback, good to know regarding the SPCs, sound like a solid option. I also just noticed Baja Kits Boxed UCAs can be ordered for both aluminum AND cast spindles.

https://www.bajakits.com/i-31570264-2019-ford-ranger-2wd-4wd-boxed-upper-control-arm.html#reviews
Anyone have experience using these for the cast spindles specifically?

Thanks in advance!

fORdEGON

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCab Lariat FX4
Occupation
Excavation Contractor
Bump. Wondering if anyone has logged some miles with the SPC arms or if there are any other new options for the steel spindles. Looks like icon is still unable to get their DJ UCA to market for the steel spindles.

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Bump. Wondering if anyone has logged some miles with the SPC arms or if there are any other new options for the steel spindles. Looks like icon is still unable to get their DJ UCA to market for the steel spindles.
Icon has them for steel spindles.

62AF4291-B4CF-4E73-9A27-462EA78B8551.jpeg

veloci1

First Name
andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4wd XLT Ionic Silver.
@ gwhalin
how was the install? did you buy these on the group buy? i did , but, i have not installed mine yet.

fORdEGON

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Excavation Contractor
Interesting. They still list the UCA as only compatible with the aluminum knuckles on the website. Supposedly they were going to email me when the new version for the steel knuckles were shipping. Honestly as much as I like the delta joint arms I’m pretty interested in the SPC arms due to the adjustability. It’s good to finally have some options !

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
@ gwhalin
how was the install? did you buy these on the group buy? i did , but, i have not installed mine yet.
Yep bought in the group buy. Pretty easy install. I swapped out my suspension to Fix 2.5 at same time so bit more involved but the UCA swap was straight forward.

madtrixter

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
I have a few thousand miles on the spc arms for steel spindles. I picked these because of the rubber bushings and stock type ball joint. They fixed my camber issue after fox 2.0s and the truck drives much better.

10 out of 10 would recommend

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
I agree with madtrixter. The adjustability is fantastic, I've had mine on for a few months now and they are solid, look like they should hold up really well.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Icons for Steel knuckles on the group buy from the great guys at Stage3 and can highly recommend them. No adjustability but these fixed my positive camber situation after level, camber specks out perfectly now. Great product!

fORdEGON

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Excavation Contractor
Good info here. So it doesn’t seem like the icons are currently available if you missed the group buy?