Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
http://bds-suspension.com/blog/?p=17780

PR329-A.jpg

New from BDS Suspension, Performance Upper Control Arm (UCA) Kits for the 2019 Ford Ranger. These new UCA Kits are designed for improved strength, great looks, and increased suspension travel under your leveled or lifted new Ranger. Fully assembled and ready to install right out of the box these fully welded arms feature OE durometer bushings and high quality ball joint for superior durability.

BDS Suspension adds to its lineup of heavy duty upper control arms (UCA) with new kits available for the new 2019 Ford Ranger trucks. These new UCAs are designed for improved strength, great looks, and increased suspension droop travel. They are built from high strength 1.5" OD x .120-wall tubing, fully welded for strength and durability. They use an indexed ball joint cup to correct the ball joint positioning for when used with leveling or full lift kits. The frame mounting ends feature durometer-specific rubber bushings for long laster durability and reduced NVHs. At the other end they utilize an indexed ball joint cup with premium quality MOOG ball joints for smooth, quiet operation and superior corrosion resistance to arms that feature uniballs, poly bushings or heims. These control arms come finished in a durable semi-gloss black powder coat and include a billet aluminum machined ball joint dust cap that can be removed to easily service the greasable ball joints. They integrate a mounting tab for the factory ABS lines so there's no need to zip tie the lines as is the case with other kits on the market. The control arms come fully assembled for easy install right out of the box compatible with most leveling and lift kits on the market to increase wheel travel.

Get more from your new Ranger with this Performance UCA Kit from BDS Suspension.

Link to UCAs http://bds-suspension.com/product-display?sr=123252
Link to BDS Ranger Lift kits http://bds-suspension.com/product-display?ma=3&mo=25&yr=2019
Sponsored

OC4095

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Factory Automation Engineer, Auto School Grad, Car Audio Tech
Vehicle Showcase
I should have waited to get it aligned after installing the 2.5 RC. Doh!!!

I was concerned about the ball joints. This solution seems to address that without going totalchaos version.

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
Josh, is this the direct you're going? What's the size/dimension of your preferred lift or level?

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Josh, is this the direct you're going? What's the size/dimension of your preferred lift or level?
I'm waiting for their 3.5" coilover lift kit that should be out soonish.

OC4095

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Factory Automation Engineer, Auto School Grad, Car Audio Tech
Vehicle Showcase
I'm waiting for their 3.5" coilover lift kit that should be out soonish.
Yup thats the way to go. Its way too squishy in front and way to reboundy in the back. It really needs softer springs in the back.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Re-post from another thread:

I had problems with aligning after the 2” BDS leveling kit. The first time I called BDS, the tech support guy said “let me get your information and I’ll have one of our engineers reach out to you. In the meantime you may want to check with another alignment shop.” I never heard anything, and I checked with another alignment shop to no success,
so I called BDS a second time. I’m paraphrasing but it was essentially “sorry man, I don’t know what to tell you, the kit is still very new and we don’t have any timelines on when UCAs will be available.” ...Thanks a lot! So although I’m happy with the ride quality, I still have a positive camber problem that needed addressed so I just ordered tubular UCAs from ICON (the only ones available at the time). So when JoshMills publishes this video today, after I’ve spoken with them TWICE and received zero info, I’m super F-in pissed!

I called them again today, and for the VERY FIRST TIME, that tech support guy agreed that’s it’s a problem that I cannot get the truck properly aligned post-kit. I now owe him an email with measurements and pictures. It’s charity at this point because I’m already deposited money on the ICON tubular UCAs.

In short: there’s a really good chance you’ll need the UCAs if you install any leveling kit, but especially the BDS 2” leveling kit.

@zzzziegler

First Name
Jarret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger lariat Fx4
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Re-post from another thread:

I had problems with aligning after the 2” BDS leveling kit. The first time I called BDS, the tech support guy said “let me get your information and I’ll have one of our engineers reach out to you. In the meantime you may want to check with another alignment shop.” I never heard anything, and I checked with another alignment shop to no success,
so I called BDS a second time. I’m paraphrasing but it was essentially “sorry man, I don’t know what to tell you, the kit is still very new and we don’t have any timelines on when UCAs will be available.” ...Thanks a lot! So although I’m happy with the ride quality, I still have a positive camber problem that needed addressed so I just ordered tubular UCAs from ICON (the only ones available at the time). So when JoshMills publishes this video today, after I’ve spoken with them TWICE and received zero info, I’m super F-in pissed!

I called them again today, and for the VERY FIRST TIME, that tech support guy agreed that’s it’s a problem that I cannot get the truck properly aligned post-kit. I now owe him an email with measurements and pictures. It’s charity at this point because I’m already deposited money on the ICON tubular UCAs.

In short: there’s a really good chance you’ll need the UCAs if you install any leveling kit, but especially the BDS 2” leveling kit.
Thank you. This was the information I needed. Really like the lift but don’t wanna invest that much money into it.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
http://bds-suspension.com/blog/?p=17780

PR329-A.jpg

New from BDS Suspension, Performance Upper Control Arm (UCA) Kits for the 2019 Ford Ranger. These new UCA Kits are designed for improved strength, great looks, and increased suspension travel under your leveled or lifted new Ranger. Fully assembled and ready to install right out of the box these fully welded arms feature OE durometer bushings and high quality ball joint for superior durability.

BDS Suspension adds to its lineup of heavy duty upper control arms (UCA) with new kits available for the new 2019 Ford Ranger trucks. These new UCAs are designed for improved strength, great looks, and increased suspension droop travel. They are built from high strength 1.5" OD x .120-wall tubing, fully welded for strength and durability. They use an indexed ball joint cup to correct the ball joint positioning for when used with leveling or full lift kits. The frame mounting ends feature durometer-specific rubber bushings for long laster durability and reduced NVHs. At the other end they utilize an indexed ball joint cup with premium quality MOOG ball joints for smooth, quiet operation and superior corrosion resistance to arms that feature uniballs, poly bushings or heims. These control arms come finished in a durable semi-gloss black powder coat and include a billet aluminum machined ball joint dust cap that can be removed to easily service the greasable ball joints. They integrate a mounting tab for the factory ABS lines so there's no need to zip tie the lines as is the case with other kits on the market. The control arms come fully assembled for easy install right out of the box compatible with most leveling and lift kits on the market to increase wheel travel.

Get more from your new Ranger with this Performance UCA Kit from BDS Suspension.

Link to UCAs http://bds-suspension.com/product-display?sr=123252
Link to BDS Ranger Lift kits http://bds-suspension.com/product-display?ma=3&mo=25&yr=2019
Any idea if these are compatible with a Bilstein 5100 leveling shock?

Nathan289

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat fx4, 2019 mazda cx3, 1963 falco
Occupation
Leo
Any idea if these are compatible with a Bilstein 5100 leveling shock?
Might want to check if you have aluminum spindles (silver in color) vs cast spindles (black in color)
Sounds like the change was sometime in the 2020 model year.
Not sure if there is an after market control arm that works with cast spindles.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Might want to check if you have aluminum spindles (silver in color) vs cast spindles (black in color)
Sounds like the change was sometime in the 2020 model year.
Not sure if there is an after market control arm that works with cast spindles.
I have aluminum.
Sponsored