First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Procastinator
Hey guys. I've been debating doing this and wanted y'alls opinion since it's a lot of money to drop for something not yet proven.

I've got stock 18" wheels from the something, something-whatever package from Ford. I've been looking about and saw Wilwood makes a brake kit meant for GMC/Chevy trucks as well as the Escalade that looks like it'll work for my Ranger.

Front: AERO6 140-9789-DR
Rear: AERO4 140-9407-DR
My opinion is contact them first, and see if they'd pay shipping to return/remake brackets to fit the ranger. If they're going to charge extra, might be better off asking other break kit makers.
Sponsored

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Systems Admin
I had a set of Wilwood calipers adapted to use the factory focus st rotor. Very cost effective upgrade and the increased pedal feel was really noticeable. Plus the calipers looked cool. Wish that vendor made a kit for the ranger.
@Johnv1991
Any photos of your setup

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I had a set of Wilwood calipers adapted to use the factory focus st rotor. Very cost effective upgrade and the increased pedal feel was really noticeable. Plus the calipers looked cool. Wish that vendor made a kit for the ranger.

How did you adapt them? Its time for a brake upgrade.

Tony Robyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport
Occupation
City Administrator
I would be interested in some different pads. The stock pads must not be ceramic as the leave a lot of dust on wheel.
Mine were new 6 months ago and still squeak. Three different services and spot checks and they say they are fine. 🫤 So annoying. Anti-squeal spray doesn’t work.

Winsonna

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford ranger
is anyone running the 140-17557-DR kit from Wilwood?

Lowry45

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Mine were new 6 months ago and still squeak. Three different services and spot checks and they say they are fine. 🫤 So annoying. Anti-squeal spray doesn’t work.
Have you ever figured out the source of the squeak? We're taking in this new Ranger project and the previous owner mentioned the intermittent squeak on bump stops. My buddy ordered a set of new tires and method wheels and looking to get new pads so hope it will goes away.
Sponsored