[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
my lariat is keyless, when the menu says turn the ignition key on how do I mimic that?
Push the button but don't start it.
Sponsored

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
okay when I hit programing it shows -
>performance cals
>return to stock
<back
I hit performance cal and it changes screens to a screen that says Choose File and it shows performance cal
is this to program it?
how do I know if it's already been done? of do I just run it over? if so how long will it take?

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
Push the button but don't start it.
Make sure when you're doing this that you have all the lights turned off radio turned off to not have the door open to your truck as yesterday I got into a simular situation where I was trying to restore the original build so I could enable the terrain management so I had to take my truck back to stock. It failed 5 times at that point I called Ford performance and then engineer called me back basically told me that you should have a battery charger on it. I installed the battery charger let it run a little bit then I tried to take the vehicle back to stock and it worked the 1st time . went in to change the settings in foscan After doing what I had to do I reinstalled the Ford performance tune work like a champ 1st time and you know it's done when it says reset turn Ignition of for 3 seconds

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Make sure when you're doing this that you have all the lights turned off radio turned off to not have the door open to your truck as yesterday I got into a simular situation where I was trying to restore the original build so I could enable the terrain management so I had to take my truck back to stock. It failed 5 times at that point I called Ford performance and then engineer called me back basically told me that you should have a battery charger on it. I installed the battery charger let it run a little bit then I tried to take the vehicle back to stock and it worked the 1st time period when in to change the settings in foscan After doing what I had to do I reinstalled the Ford performance tune work like a champ 1st time and you know it's done when it says reset turn Ignition of for 3 seconds
Had the door open on the last step, not the first as it took about 20 minutes and did not use a battery charger either time - everything worked first time without any problems. Once it started both on performance install and the intermediate step where the tool records your vehicle info so it can download the right tun, that took about 10 minutes. Any lights/displays that were on at start of both processes disappeared while the tool communicated with the truck.

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I'll just contact FPP in the morning, it's not that I don't believe my dealer, rather it's he had so many issues and this being his first tune plus my not being sure it performs better I would like to verify

thanks for the help

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
okay when I hit programing it shows -
>performance cals
>return to stock
<back
I hit performance cal and it changes screens to a screen that says Choose File and it shows performance cal
is this to program it?
how do I know if it's already been done? of do I just run it over? if so how long will it take?
Based on this I would say the tune is in. Have you driven it enough to get a feel for it? It‘s fairly noticeable around 2500rpm.

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I've driven it about 25 miles, some interstate and some in town and I can't be clear of a difference, I say that because I want to think something's there but not sure there is any difference. I was running 93 since I purchased the truck so I did miss the possible octane boost. Honestly for over $800 (installed) I would have thought I would say oh ya that's better but just not the case

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I would flash it again. It is a noticeable difference.

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I emailed and even was on the phone with a FPP tech multiple times today and still not installed. I reinstalled from the device waited for 95 updates and it still shows the stock tune, I did this twice. The tech had me log in and download the software to my computer, since I had already paid the dealer to do this, and wanted me to reinstall the tune to the device....no luck. I can log onto the FPP site but with I try ti update the tune and it ask me for email and password, I get an error message.

I've installed a tune in a car before, this whole process is way more than it has to be. The tune should be pre-installed and the dealer tech simply registers it for warranty sake.

A FPP engineer is supposed to call me tomorrow and I'll mess around with it again if that doesn't work I plan to request a refund and buy a aftermarket and install it myself. This has been WAY more difficult and frustration than a simple plug and play the way most others are

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I emailed and even was on the phone with a FPP tech multiple times today and still not installed. I reinstalled from the device waited for 95 updates and it still shows the stock tune, I did this twice. The tech had me log in and download the software to my computer, since I had already paid the dealer to do this, and wanted me to reinstall the tune to the device....no luck. I can log onto the FPP site but with I try ti update the tune and it ask me for email and password, I get an error message.

I've installed a tune in a car before, this whole process is way more than it has to be. The tune should be pre-installed and the dealer tech simply registers it for warranty sake.

A FPP engineer is supposed to call me tomorrow and I'll mess around with it again if that doesn't work I plan to request a refund and buy a aftermarket and install it myself. This has been WAY more difficult and frustration than a simple plug and play the way most others are
That really sucks. I'm surprised the dealer even charged you to be honest. They should have chocked it up to their techs learning and written it off.

I hope you get a good resolution. If not hopefully you'll have better luck with another tune. Livernois was easy for me to do myself and their customer service is top notch if you need other options.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
That really sucks. I'm surprised the dealer even charged you to be honest. They should have chocked it up to their techs learning and written it off.

I hope you get a good resolution. If not hopefully you'll have better luck with another tune. Livernois was easy for me to do myself and their customer service is top notch if you need other options.
That is the main reason I did all but the final step myself and as I've said it was trouble free. If you don't install the initial software yourself you wouldn't have a FFP account which you must have to do the initial download to the tool, so I suppose then the FFP account is held by the dealer which I think is bad as how can you check for login to check for updates there might be in the future or in your case try to redo the process yourself, or revert to the stock tune? You may be having trouble because there is already a FFP account (dealers) and the server may be confused by two accounts if you registered one also and might be the source of the error message. It could be that the FFP server thinks you are trying to tune a second vehicle? This is all so weird because it IS NOT rocket science or some groundbreaking computer routine, just simple downloads.
When you reinstall the base software to the tool you might not see the performance tune as that does not show up until you go back to the computer with the tool which now knows its a Ranger, the VIN etc., and what tune to download to the tool. I don't think the 95 files or whatever they are called have anything to do with the tune, they just prepare the tool and install its basic functions (which aren't vehicle specific) prior to the second step which adds the performance tune, and it may wipe out any existing files that were installed. Don't give up its a great tune and you will be able to tell a change immediately and it only gets better.

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Yesterday FPP determined my tune download was corrupt and had to be corrected, in the end it was corrected and I was able to flash my truck and you are correct there is no doubt the performance tune is there.... made an immediate and significant improvement!
The FPP folks worked with me multiple times to get this corrected and I truly appreciate their efforts to resolve the issue.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yesterday FPP determined my tune download was corrupt and had to be corrected, in the end it was corrected and I was able to flash my truck and you are correct there is no doubt the performance tune is there.... made an immediate and significant improvement!
The FPP folks worked with me multiple times to get this corrected and I truly appreciate their efforts to resolve the issue.
That is terrific. I felt confident you would notice the difference. Now you can have fun.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I've driven it about 25 miles, some interstate and some in town and I can't be clear of a difference, I say that because I want to think something's there but not sure there is any difference. I was running 93 since I purchased the truck so I did miss the possible octane boost. Honestly for over $800 (installed) I would have thought I would say oh ya that's better but just not the case
It may be difficult to "feel" a subtle difference on a tune as mild as this one. I noticed a bit of difference....I think. But the dyno says 42 hp and 22 lb/ft of torque increase at the wheels. The dyno is telling the story. The lack of more torque increase was a bit disappointing but the torque curve is far better running the tune.
The torque is what you feel and I don't think most people are going to feel the difference between 282 lb/ft and 304 lb/ft of torque.
I am currently running the Livernois 91/93 Performance Tune but have not done the dyno pulls yet. I am expecting similar horsepower numbers but much better torque numbers. From what I have seen I can expect 350+ lb/ft of torque at the wheels.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Glad you finally got it straightened out. Hopefully they will credit you something back for the 5 hours they charged you for the instal. You should definitely feel a difference when the tune is loaded but after driving it for a while it just becomes normal and doesn't feel as fast....until you lay into and that smile comes back. ?
Sponsored