[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired

wildstar78

First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Ace Holliday, are you able to take off fast with a 4x2 and the extra power of the tune? (Dry roads obviously) Does your truck have a locker? The reason I ask is my last truck was a 2016 F150 RCSB 4x2 with 2.7 eco and e-locker. Even the stock power was overwhelming for rwd. It was hard to take off fast without spinning or having the electronics limit wheelspin forcing slow acceleration. Even at 30mph the truck could light up the right rear tire. Looking at Rangers now and considering both 4x4 and 4x2 with e-locker. I don't offroad and could get by with snow tires on a 4x2. Anyone else have 4x2 with tunes? Any traction troubles? Thanks for any replies.

I'm so excited to get mine installed! I placed my order through Levittown on 7/20, and in my hands by 7/30. I have run into a snag here where I live, ive called and emailed 3 ford dealerships about installing and None of them have responded. Im hoping one of them can do it, if not ill try a local dyno tuner shop. Will let you guys know!
Got mine finally installed this Friday and its amazing, its almost like driving another truck. The engine is just purring, i have to stop myself from pressing on the gas pedal because it wants to Go! I have a 4x2 and I had it in sport mode at a red light, it had rained here a little bit and the first time my back tires spun before catching and taking off! I'll have to be careful in the rain, shifting is alot smoother, my truck seemed to have the lurching problem finding gears, and now i seem to have none of that! An hour and 1/2 work and paid $160, im very happy! This was the 1st tune the aftermarket guy installed on a ranger at the dealership and he was almost as excited as I was. I cant wait to put more miles on it ?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
It may be difficult to "feel" a subtle difference on a tune as mild as this one. I noticed a bit of difference....I think. But the dyno says 42 hp and 22 lb/ft of torque increase at the wheels. The dyno is telling the story. The lack of more torque increase was a bit disappointing but the torque curve is far better running the tune.
The torque is what you feel and I don't think most people are going to feel the difference between 282 lb/ft and 304 lb/ft of torque.
I am currently running the Livernois 91/93 Performance Tune but have not done the dyno pulls yet. I am expecting similar horsepower numbers but much better torque numbers. From what I have seen I can expect 350+ lb/ft of torque at the wheels.
You will definitely get much more torque with the livernois tune.
Regards
Doc

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Installed the Ford Performance Tune this morning. Install went smooth. Significant improvement. Thanks to all for the input and advice.

Question - I was told that it will improve over time. Is that correct? If yes, How many miles until it is settled in?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I don’t know if it improved over time but the shifting got better.

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-9603-reb.html

I just ordered and am waiting for the Ford ECU tune. Question on wheel size.

Will 285/70 void the warranty? The below says 265/70 is max configurable, some have interpreted this to mean going bigger than that will void warranty.

I really want to do 285 and have removed crash bars, but I also want the FPP tune and don't want to void warranty.

Help?

View attachment 55514

Last edited:

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I guess I would check on that when I had it installed but it seems like a bit of stretch.

Or quit worrying and install it yourself.

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
Got FPP installed yesterday. Zero regrets. Boost builds way quicker as expected. But the trans reprogramming is an awesome part of this upgrade. Drive now feels like Sport without the downshifting or gears hanging at high rpm. Drive + Tow is like an upgraded Sport (perfect for daily driving IMO). Sport is now what I call “Race” (very spicy trans tune).

All the other options the tuner comes with are great too. If considering, proceed with confidence.

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
Got mine installed a week ago. Definitely stronger. There’s a hill on my commute where the truck would always downshift to maintain cruise control speed. Now it just keeps on going in top gear. Also averaged 31 mpg on a 95 mile trip between LA and San Diego.

Phil Howell

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
4x4 Journalist
I got into a simular situation where I was trying to restore the original build so I could enable the terrain management so I had to take my truck back to stock.
Question - Does the Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Calibration (tune) disable terrain management?