[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Hope everyone is well. Quick question. Would it smart to combine the Roush CAI and the Performance Pack?
Sponsored

Rigwright

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Union Millwright (Retired)
Hope everyone is well. Quick question. Would it smart to combine the Roush CAI and the Performance Pack?
If you like the look of it, then do it. The performance gains over just putting the K&N in the OE Ford Box is going to be almost nil. The Roush Box is cool looking though.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Hoping to see real world mpg with sporty drivers.
Answer.
Sporty driving does not equal good MPG in any car.
Most tunes can get equal MPG in normal driving and some a little better. Vehicles report to run on rich so tunes add air to make better use of fuel. But in sporty driving stock or tuned more gas is being used so lower MPG. If this is a good tune you can commute to work and get same MPG.

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Answer.
Sporty driving does not equal good MPG in any car.
Most tunes can get equal MPG in normal driving and some a little better. Vehicles report to run on rich so tunes add air to make better use of fuel. But in sporty driving stock or tuned more gas is being used so lower MPG. If this is a good tune you can commute to work and get same MPG.
Obvious, but still curious about numbers. Hoping it's not too big of a hit to the mpg.

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Jeep Wranger
I am running the Roush CAI with the FP tune. I can’t really comment if the CAI makes an improvement because I had the CAI before I did the tune.

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Jeep Wranger
Hoping to see real world mpg with sporty drivers.
My mileage has started to go up after a week of driving. It has gone from 21.9 to 22.1. I’m not really driving it much more aggressively.

Reactions: Doc

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Anyone else waiting on this tune to ship and how long have you been waiting?

Kevin D.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 4X2, 2000 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Still waiting here, I ordered from Levittown Ford on 4/19/2020.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered from Levittown as well on April 18. Still waiting. Got an email on Apr 27 that they had some coming in in a few business days. Still no joy...

Reactions: Doc

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I'm waiting for more reports on the tune before ordering. The comments about improvements by just using 93 octane kind of made me hold back on ordering. Frankly we've seen that octane discussion for many many years and I had an opinion, but with 2020 engineering I'm open minded enough to reconsider my opinion.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else waiting on this tune to ship and how long have you been waiting?
I ordered on the 17th of April, also from Levittown. When I recently inquired, I promptly received an emailed reply saying that they were out of stock but expected another shipment in several weeks. I am assuming that their troubles are related to the pandemic and not their fault. So I did not make a big deal out of it, but, yeah, I am more than a little anxious to get this thing flashed and see how much improvement it brings.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I ordered on the 17th of April, also from Levittown. When I recently inquired, I promptly received an emailed reply saying that they were out of stock but expected another shipment in several weeks. I am assuming that their troubles are related to the pandemic and not their fault. So I did not make a big deal out of it, but, yeah, I am more than a little anxious to get this thing flashed and see how much improvement it brings.
Lol I emailed them a few weeks ago. The said it would be last week that they would ship it out because of waiting for the second shipment. I emailed them Friday last week and the response I got is that i will see it in june due to high demand. I gave up and went to Livernois right after. I was really looking forward to the Ford Performance tune but it is was it is.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been considering cancelling and switching to the Livernois as well given that they can customize things like the shift firmness. If it wasn't for the fuel in my oil giving me pause (warranty), I would have already switched over.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Factory warranty if installed by a Ford service center, right? If you plan to avoid the $300 shop visit and do it yourself you might as well go aftermarket and save $ on the tune.
I exchanged several emails with Ford Performance they said with regard to installation "The dealer will charge you to install the kit (on top of the price of the kit itself). Considering what is involved, it shouldn’t be too bad (Probably about an hour of labor I’d guess, but I would check with them, that’s only a guess)." I'm going to try to get them close to that. Also, not sure why they have to do anything but the actual "flash" not sure why one should have to pay them to replace air filter or download the "software".
Sponsored