[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If it is like any other tuner you should be able to swap back and fourth but with what it looks like fuel mileage should be about the same as long as you are driving like you want to get good fuel mileage. The unfortunate part is when you get power adders your foot some how magically become solid lead and it is hard to keep it off the gas pedal lol.
Sponsored

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
I'm new to tunes.....
So, let's say I get 22 MPG with my stock tune. I put the Ford tune in, following all their rules. I check my mileage, and I'm getting 17 MPG.
Now, I'm taking a 1000 mile road trip.....can I re-install the stock tune for the road trip and switch back to the performance tune when I get back home ? I've heard that you can only do that so many times or they charge you $$$ each time. ?‍♂
That's the point of the CARB E.O certification... it's proven to be identical to the factory tune *on an emissions test trace*. More fuel burned on a test cycle means worse emissions (well not directly but for the purposes of comparing these tunes it's good enough.)

The pedal response will be more aggressive (you'll get more torque at the same pedal as before.) You'll need to use less physical pedal now to accelerate at the same rate as before and get the same fuel economy. But we're talking very minor stuff.

You will use more fuel during wide-open throttle, of course, as the truck makes more power now and it's kinda how that works. Emissions traces just don't test that particular condition...

Bottom line... you'll only use more fuel if you're using more than the stock power. Any other point should be identical to stock. Ford doesn't have the man-hours to devote to re-mapping the whole thing. They just add a bit more boost up top, re-normalize the pedal, tighten up the shifts, and re-certify emissions & durability. Any normal driving will be identical, except maybe for some shift feel.

Rigwright

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Union Millwright (Retired)
Definitely interested. I'll be following up on this for more info. Can you select different tunes for different octanes, etc...

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
Definitely interested. I'll be following up on this for more info. Can you select different tunes for different octanes, etc...
It will carry over the normal Ford software function... knock sensors will be used to detect octane, and raise & lower spark & boost accordingly.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
The automotive press is all over this story already, although they are basically just repeating what is in the Ford Performance announcements and so are not really telling us anything that we did not already know. For example, https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a32170394/ford-performance-ranger-tune/

Still, the essential thing for me, as the authors point out, is that this is 50-state legal and warrantied by Ford (provided Ford or other certified technicians do the work). We all know that "Joe's Dyno" over at the mall can get us more power, but I prefer the Ford Performance Pack's modest but significant power gains along with the peace of mind that the Ford name and warranty bring. If something goes wrong down the line, I know where to go with my issues....

OKRaptor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2019 Acura RDX and a 2007 Mazda Miata w/turbo
Vehicle Showcase

Desertranger19

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to see the dyno sheet for this.. I want to see the curve and gains in each RPM range
Sponsored