[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
So i have a noob (girl) question, I have my 2019 xlt sport I bought 2 months ago and so far still breaking it in, I only have 800 miles on it as of today. Should I break it in more before a tune? Like wait till 1000 miles? Also I have a magnaflow catback exhaust system, will that help get a better tune? Are the tune numbers for stock rangers?
800 miles really should be fine. I like to do an oil change at the first 1000, but Ford doesn't even do that when they run their durability tests.

The exhaust likely won't do much, I don't think the stock is very restrictive. I bet it sounds good though :sunglasses:
Sponsored

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
You aren't buying the calibration that way. You're just getting a filter and the flash tool, which will be blank. The dealer won't flash it for free, you need a registered code/calibration from Ford Performance.
So the instructions seem to indicate that an individual could download the to the “delivery tool” which is what you get for $450. You create an account on Ford Performance site, plug it into computer and it downloads the software to the delivery tool. There is nothing to indicate that that part of the process needs to be done by the dealer looking at the account creation part of Ford Performance or the dealer would add any value at that point - I guarantee that my dealer has never done anything like this. Even the process of using the tool once the software is loaded is anything that would have to be done by the dealer that is apparent in the instructions or couldn’t be done by an individual – EXCEPT that the dealer must do it to get the warranty. You buy the tool, download the software and take it to the dealer to flash the ECU. There is no way that should cost $300 in “labor” that I can see. I am afraid that they will want additional money to do the flash.

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Since the Procal 4 does real time engine data display and comes with a suction cup mount if it can be used as a boost gauge?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I am definitely very interested in this mod, and plan to run it by the "finance department" later today....

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
So the instructions seem to indicate that an individual could download the to the “delivery tool” which is what you get for $450. You create an account on Ford Performance site, plug it into computer and it downloads the software to the delivery tool. There is nothing to indicate that that part of the process needs to be done by the dealer looking at the account creation part of Ford Performance or the dealer would add any value at that point - I guarantee that my dealer has never done anything like this. Even the process of using the tool once the software is loaded is anything that would have to be done by the dealer that is apparent in the instructions or couldn’t be done by an individual – EXCEPT that the dealer must do it to get the warranty. You buy the tool, download the software and take it to the dealer to flash the ECU. There is no way that should cost $300 in “labor” that I can see. I am afraid that they will want additional money to do the flash.
Yes, the dealer isn't doing anything special really. You just need to go through them to get the warranty. That's the way it works.

If you buy the M-9603-REB kit specifically for the Ranger, it will come with the code to download the software. If you buy just the Pro Cal 4 separately for $450, it won't come with the code, you'll need to buy one separately. That's the $300, it's not labor, it's the software/calibration.

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger FX2
It does state that the warranty is valid when installed by a dealer OR an certified technician (ASE, or Redseal). Having been ASE Master certified for 15 years, I’m thinking they want it installed by someone who knows how to flash programming without screwing it up, like doing it with too low of battery voltage or using a poor quality battery charger that’s putting out the wrong voltage. They’ll sell it to you either way, but won’t back it otherwise.

Willcuts93

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Flex '19 Ranger
Occupation
Technician
Anyone find a website to purchase from yet?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone find a website to purchase from yet?
I went to the Ford Performance site and added it to my "wish list." In chatting with the representative, I was told that I would have to have my local dealer order it for me. I have left messages with the dealer to that effect--no reply so far.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Since many members will likely be consulting their spouses before such an expensive modification, I take the liberty of sharing a conversation we just had in my house:

"Honey, I want to order this modification for the Ranger."
"What do you need it for?"
"I don't need it. It's a toy."
"How much?"
"In the neighborhood of $800.00."
"O.K."

Is my wife cool, or what?

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
I went to the Ford Performance site and added it to my "wish list." In chatting with the representative, I was told that I would have to have my local dealer order it for me. I have left messages with the dealer to that effect--no reply so far.
Yep, that's how FP works unfortunately. Levittown Ford's website typically has the best prices.

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Rinn69

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I'm new to tunes.....
So, let's say I get 22 MPG with my stock tune. I put the Ford tune in, following all their rules. I check my mileage, and I'm getting 17 MPG.
Now, I'm taking a 1000 mile road trip.....can I re-install the stock tune for the road trip and switch back to the performance tune when I get back home ? I've heard that you can only do that so many times or they charge you $$$ each time. ?‍♂

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Since many members will likely be consulting their spouses before such an expensive modification, I take the liberty of sharing a conversation we just had in my house:

"Honey, I want to order this modification for the Ranger."
"What do you need it for?"
"I don't need it. It's a toy."
"How much?"
"In the neighborhood of $800.00."
"O.K."

Is my wife cool, or what?
Very cool! Does she have a sister? ?