Unscheduled Lariat 2022 orders LED headlight delete - is $500 credit enough?

k_teven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I am the member that benefited from @D Fresh. They are for sure different. My dealer confirmed it as well before I ever picked my up. Thanks @D Fresh for helping me get at leas t one of the deleted items back!
Maybe @D Fresh could send me a pair of LED Headlights?! LOL!
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Maybe @D Fresh could send me a pair of LED Headlights?! LOL!
If for some reason I had some I'd at least consider it.:LOL:

My fogs were replaced by BD Squadron Pros shortly after purchase. The factory LED fogs have been sitting in my garage quite a while.

OP
OP
houseOfDogs

houseOfDogs

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired Techie
To close my loop on this post (I started it), I still thing the $500 credit was too low for the LED headlight / LED fog light removal.

But having done my 2000 mile drive back to CA from picking up my truck from Granger in Iowa, I found the HID halogens to still provide good nighttime lighting.

This included four hours at night the first day of drive, and twenty five hour non stop (two drivers switching) second day drive. And over the two days, about three to four hours of nighttime driving in the rain.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
$500 is way more than Ford's part cost...but hell of a lot less than your replacement cost...

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I am doing the same, waiting to drive quite a bit on dark roads before I pull the trigger, it would be nice if I knew someone around me to do a side-by-side comparison at night. Videos and Pics just don't cut it for a big investment like this, I want the actual experience (touchy/ feely) :crackup:
I do agree that from what I have driven (night wise) the Halo's are not bad and are far better than my last car but I'm sure that if I actually experience driving one with the LED's I will most likely swap them out

k_teven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
$500 is way more than Ford's part cost...but hell of a lot less than your replacement cost...
Yeah, I believe that. Even if it was their cost, break that down to $50 for each fog and $200 for each headlight. That puts their mark-up for these in the range of 600-900%. That's beyond ridiculous AND ludicrous! More like Effin' OUTRAGEOUS!! And what is even worse....nobody there cares one iota. No explanations, no options, no choices. Take it or leave it.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, I believe that. Even if it was their cost, break that down to $50 for each fog and $200 for each headlight. That puts their mark-up for these in the range of 600-900%. That's beyond ridiculous AND ludicrous! More like Effin' OUTRAGEOUS!! And what is even worse....nobody there cares one iota. No explanations, no options, no choices. Take it or leave it.
The decontented Rangers don't even appeal to me - maybe at $19,995.....:crying:

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
I am doing the same, waiting to drive quite a bit on dark roads before I pull the trigger, it would be nice if I knew someone around me to do a side-by-side comparison at night.
Here is what the IIHS has to say about the headlights on the New Rangers after doing side by side comparison of the Halogen and the LED headlights. Before I begin here is a little something about the IIHS and HLDI.

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) is an independent, nonprofit scientific and educational organization dedicated to reducing deaths, injuries and property damage from motor vehicle crashes through research and evaluation and through education of consumers, policymakers and safety professionals.​
The Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) shares and supports this mission through scientific studies of insurance data representing the human and economic losses resulting from the ownership and operation of different types of vehicles and by publishing insurance loss results by vehicle make and model.​
And here is my previous post on the topic. Both rated Marginal.

Last edited:

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Not that anyone should be happy about this issue, but also consider that they provided lights. So that cost has to back into the truck, so lower rebate. LED rebate, minus HID provided equipment.

Again, not saying anyone should be happy about this; I wouldn't be.. but, a little extra perspective.

Frank

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Hello. In this situation, ensuring you get what you want isn't easy. Maybe you should take a closer look at other cars?
Considering this was a delete AFTER the order was placed with Ford, there was no option. And look at what other cars that would compare with the Ranger mid-size truck. None really compare, all others are wanna-bes'.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Considering this was a delete AFTER the order was placed with Ford, there was no option. And look at what other cars that would compare with the Ranger mid-size truck. None really compare, all others are wanna-bes'.
smells like you're replying to a spambot...

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
smells like you're replying to a spambot...
I think you are right. Multitsking, so did not comprehend everything I read there...

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Update:

Bought the Factory LED Headlights and Fogs from Ford OEM Parts Direct $2700, got the headlights installed, Fogs are on backorder so they will be installed later.
It took about 5 hours to get them swapped over, HUGE difference over the Halo's.
If you decide to swap yours over as well, just take your time doing it and watch the install video located on this forum. It's really a PITA but worth it. I just wish Ford did not delete them in the first place.
Plus: look in the Forscan WIKI about the changes that have to be made to make them work properly
I posted my install notes in there. as the ForScan changes posted on here are conflicting and not exactly correct as I found

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Update:

Bought the Factory LED Headlights and Fogs from Ford OEM Parts Direct $2700, got the headlights installed, Fogs are on backorder so they will be installed later.
It took about 5 hours to get them swapped over, HUGE difference over the Halo's.
If you decide to swap yours over as well, just take your time doing it and watch the install video located on this forum. It's really a PITA but worth it. I just wish Ford did not delete them in the first place.
Plus: look in the Forscan WIKI about the changes that have to be made to make them work properly
I posted my install notes in there. as the ForScan changes posted on here are conflicting and not exactly correct as I found
Wait a minute.

I thought these were being deleted for parts availability?
Sponsored