Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Ordered at Dealer: 10-19-21

Order Confirmation Email From Ford: Same Day

Order Scheduled Email From Ford: 10-28-21

Scheduled To Be Built Week Of 1-3-22
That’s good news. Just curious what your order specs are?

OP
OP

Kd1980

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
That’s good news. Just curious what your order specs are?
Lariat 501A Package
Towing Package
Spray In Bedliner
Carbonized Gray
Sport Appearance Package
4x4

Dealer said 8-12 weeks and I believe this week was the first week of Ford scheduling for the 2022 model

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Lariat 501A Package
Towing Package
Spray In Bedliner
Carbonized Gray
Sport Appearance Package
4x4

Dealer said 8-12 weeks and I believe this week was the first week of Ford scheduling for the 2022 model
Thanks. Yes this was the first week of scheduling. I ordered on 09/29 and received confirmation email that evening. Didn’t hear anything else yet. XLT Tremor
Cactus gray
Tech package
Tow
Spray bed liner
Paint protection film
Dealer also said around January

OP
OP

Kd1980

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Thanks. Yes this was the first week of scheduling. I ordered on 09/29 and received confirmation email that evening. Didn’t hear anything else yet. XLT Tremor
Cactus gray
Tech package
Tow
Spray bed liner
Paint protection film
Dealer also said around January
You may want to check your priority number. I have heard that can really effect your order scheduling. The dealers assign 10-19 and 10 will get you scheduled the fastest usually. I just asked mine to make it a 10 and they were happy to do so. If that is not the problem then the Tremor package could be holding it up.
Hope you get scheduled fast!

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
You may want to check your priority number. I have heard that can really effect your order scheduling. The dealers assign 10-19 and 10 will get you scheduled the fastest usually. I just asked mine to make it a 10 and they were happy to do so. If that is not the problem then the Tremor package could be holding it up.
Good point, pretty sure it is a 19. Will talk to dealer. Thanks !

miken

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Lariat, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Ordered at Dealer: 10-19-21

Order Confirmation Email From Ford: Same Day

Order Scheduled Email From Ford: 10-28-21

Scheduled To Be Built Week Of 1-3-22
Same here - order date 9/28 - got the email on 10/28 with a build week date of 1/3/22

Zach@granger

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Occupation
Ford Dealer
The priority number will only matter if the dealer has multiple retail ranger orders and not enough overall allocation.

My guess is that it's a supply/commodity issue. Just my 2 cents.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The priority number will only matter if the dealer has multiple retail ranger orders and not enough overall allocation.

My guess is that it's a supply/commodity issue. Just my 2 cents.
It seems weird/wrong that a customer order (retail order) could/would be affected by a dealers allocation. I guess this happened with the Bronco's but assuming it is TRULY a customer/retail order it shouldn't matter what the dealers allocation is.

When I ordered my 2019 back in 2018, Ford had instituted the ROVP (Retail Order Verification Process I think) that helped ensure it was a CUSTOMER ordering it, not a dealer trying to get additional units - my understanding was that was to ensure that dealers weren't trying to game the system to get more than their normal allocation.

All the supply issues have certainly messed things up in a big way and I can't say I'm pleased with how equitable Ford has been in how it has dealt with it.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
It seems weird/wrong that a customer order (retail order) could/would be affected by a dealers allocation. I guess this happened with the Bronco's but assuming it is TRULY a customer/retail order it shouldn't matter what the dealers allocation is.

When I ordered my 2019 back in 2018, Ford had instituted the ROVP (Retail Order Verification Process I think) that helped ensure it was a CUSTOMER ordering it, not a dealer trying to get additional units - my understanding was that was to ensure that dealers weren't trying to game the system to get more than their normal allocation.

All the supply issues have certainly messed things up in a big way and I can't say I'm pleased with how equitable Ford has been in how it has dealt with it.
It does seem wrong but that's how Ford is handling it. My order was in on 5/19 (Customer Order, Priority 10). Build started 8/11, back from upfitter 8/24. Sat there for two months while Ford shipped orders for same model/package that were placed after mine got back from upfitter. Meanwhile, my delivery ETA kept getting pushed further out; went from 10/13 to 10/30 to 11/30 to 12/30. If I hadn't trolled them on Twitter, it would still be sitting there. The day after our Twitter conversation, truck miraculously showed built and shipped, arrived at dealer a week later.

DSTBLU

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL 4X4 w/Locker
Occupation
Project Manager
Saw this thread and checked my email, made a great end to my work week.

Ordered: 10/2/21
Confirmation: 10/2/21
Schedule email: 10/28/21
Build scheduled: 1/3/22

Specs:
XL 101A Screw Velocity Blue w/ tow, e-diff, carpet, and 110v.

Zach@granger

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Occupation
Ford Dealer

Depending on which model with Ford it can take a while on retail orders. I 100% agree with you. With a Mustang, Bronco sport, explorer, you get a vin within 14 days. With an F-150, ranger, etc. It could take up to 60 days to get a VIN.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Depending on which model with Ford it can take a while on retail orders. I 100% agree with you. With a Mustang, Bronco sport, explorer, you get a vin within 14 days. With an F-150, ranger, etc. It could take up to 60 days to get a VIN.
With a Jeep you get a VIN the next day and you don't have to wait 4 years to take delivery. ?

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat 4X4 Screw, 17 Escape Titanium
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Lariat 501A Package
Towing Package
Spray In Bedliner
Carbonized Gray
Sport Appearance Package
4x4

Don't believe them. I ordered the same 4x4 Screw Lariat truck but with the black appearance package in Cyber Orange. I place my order on 4/16, it was factory acceptable on 4/21 and I am still waiting on my truck almost 7 months later!
Sponsored