First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, 2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Quality Control
It's here! Without any shipping warning, my truck was delivered to the dealer last night. I managed a few pre-PDI photos this morning on my way to work. I should take it home tonight or tomorrow.
20220413_085036.jpg
20220413_085047.jpg
20220413_085136.jpg
20220413_085159.jpg
That is a good looking truck, happy for you. I even called Ford, still no Vin. or time frame. I will just stare at your truck and hope.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dkirby

dkirby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Tremor, '16 Focus RS, '10 Evo X
Occupation
Engineer
Looks great. Wishing you good ownership!! :like: How far from the plant is the dealership you got it through? Great surprise to skip the shipping notifications.
336 miles. Historically, my dealer receives Rangers and Broncos via carrier truck. No railcars.
That is a good looking truck, happy for you. I even called Ford, still no Vin. or time frame. I will just stare at your truck and hope.
I feel your pain. As I recall, you ordered yours a little before I did. I can only guess that you ordered from a smaller dealer with few allocations. I wish I had influence over the company's mysterious allocation process. It seems to reward large dealers, making them even larger, while ignoring the end user. Just who does Ford consider to be the actual customer?

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
I feel your pain. As I recall, you ordered yours a little before I did. I can only guess that you ordered from a smaller dealer with few allocations. I wish I had influence over the company's mysterious allocation process. It seems to reward large dealers, making them even larger, while ignoring the end user. Just who does Ford consider to be the actual customer?
That is a great point. In my area, the smaller dealers were selling at sticker or below on orders, while the larger dealers were still adding required dealer add-ons for custom orders and mods, that quite honestly, I wanted to do myself. Feels like those higher volume dealers are working that system to their advantage, but will remember that for sure. Priority is the sale for them, not the customer satisfaction and ongoing relationship.

I already moved my F150 Lightning reservation to the lower volume dealer that seems to care. I know it means I may wait a bit longer, but I would rather have a dealer that is also customer 1st. :like:

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

FasterGT350

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, 2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Quality Control
336 miles. Historically, my dealer receives Rangers and Broncos via carrier truck. No railcars.

My Dealer is a larger dealer, I ordered 2 Shelby's from them, The GT500 was one of the first in Western NY. I think it is because I built the truck full boat, the Marketing person kind of eluded to that, but it is what I want. I will get the Mach 1 out of storage soon so that will just have to do for now.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
It's here! Without any shipping warning, my truck was delivered to the dealer last night. I managed a few pre-PDI photos this morning on my way to work. I should take it home tonight or tomorrow.
20220413_085036.jpg
20220413_085047.jpg
20220413_085136.jpg
20220413_085159.jpg
Looks great. Has the pickup gone as smoothly as the order?

OP
OP
dkirby

dkirby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Tremor, '16 Focus RS, '10 Evo X
Occupation
Engineer
Looks great. Has the pickup gone as smoothly as the order?
The sales guy was great. They honored the 'A' plan without any markup and I got an unexpected $1000.00 rebate. Then I had to deal with the finance guy. He verbally matched the APR my credit union was offering then presented the final payment info that was way off. I'm no rocket surgeon, but I know how to calculate loan payments with monthly compounded interest. That A-hole tried to claim one APR, but then used a higher APR in his math. I can't imagine how many times he must have gotten away with that. I soon as I brought it up, he immediately changed it without challenge. He mumbled something like "huh, I don't know how that happened." Then there was the usual up-sell attempts; extended warranty, service contract, .... Anyway, the truck is now in my driveway getting a few cosmetic upgrades. The RokBlokz XL mud flaps went on with just 8 miles on the odometer haha.
Sponsored