Recoil1

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2017 Escape SE
That really sucks - as much as I hate to say it, sounds like you have only a few more days to wait until you can call it a lemon. I feel very fortunate to not have had any issues (other than the slightly leaky turn signal in my passenger mirror) since I got my truck.

Hopefully you get a good resolution one way or the other.
Thank you, I am trying to stay positive but they are making that a difficult task. I worked for Ford many years ago, and my father retired from Ford after 30 years of service. So I'm familiar with all the processes they have to follow. But watching the days tick by and not a single thing has been resolved is a very tiring thing from the customer standpoint.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, I am trying to stay positive but they are making that a difficult task. I worked for Ford many years ago, and my father retired from Ford after 30 years of service. So I'm familiar with all the processes they have to follow. But watching the days tick by and not a single thing has been resolved is a very tiring thing from the customer standpoint.
Some other people have reported good success with getting Ford Customer service involved. Have you tried that? It does seem like they should have been able to fix something at this point.

OP
OP
Recoil1

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some other people have reported good success with getting Ford Customer service involved. Have you tried that? It does seem like they should have been able to fix something at this point.
Yes, I do have Ford customer service involved. And after over a week since contacting them, up until today they have been less than stellar. They are making at least one payment for me, but I also have insurance I've paid on this thing, and now they want to put me in a bigger loaner that will increase my gas costs as well.

It has been escalated to a factory SME to contact the dealership to go over the process and see if all avenues have been exhausted. That can take up to 2 more days. If they decide they have exhausted all options, they then have to escalate it to engineering and get an engineer to fly out and take a look at it, no estimated timetable for that. It has very much been a "hey we're going to try this" and then they wait 3-5 days to try that, then "we have to send data to ford" and that takes another 2-4 days.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I do have Ford customer service involved. And after over a week since contacting them, up until today they have been less than stellar. They are making at least one payment for me, but I also have insurance I've paid on this thing, and now they want to put me in a bigger loaner that will increase my gas costs as well.

It has been escalated to a factory SME to contact the dealership to go over the process and see if all avenues have been exhausted. That can take up to 2 more days. If they decide they have exhausted all options, they then have to escalate it to engineering and get an engineer to fly out and take a look at it, no estimated timetable for that. It has very much been a "hey we're going to try this" and then they wait 3-5 days to try that, then "we have to send data to ford" and that takes another 2-4 days.
That is a huge bummer..... I'm sorry. I almost feel guilty my truck has been so trouble free!

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase

This sucks and i feel for your aggravation and time dealing with this. Nothing worse than a new car lemon. I just went through this with a 2018 jeep.

Ford does need to be methodical to find the core issue, as opposed to just throwing parts at it. They need to know the cause, so they can take steps to ensure its not a widespread problem and possibly take steps to make sure it does not happen in the future.

I understood this with my jeep, but was still pissed i was paying on a new vehicle i did not possess for over 4 weeks.

Jeep did nothing for me. Did not pick up 1 cent. Was unwilling to even discuss it.

Lemon law states the same problem occurring 3 times with no resolution. Technically this was problem 1. There was no possiblity of #2 and #3 since it sat at the dealer.

Good to hear Ford is doing a lot more than Jeep. Will never give them a cent of my money again.

OP
OP
Recoil1

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This sucks and i feel for your aggravation and time dealing with this. Nothing worse than a new car lemon. I just went through this with a 2018 jeep.

Ford does need to be methodical to find the core issue, as opposed to just throwing parts at it. They need to know the cause, so they can take steps to ensure its not a widespread problem and possibly take steps to make sure it does not happen in the future.

I understood this with my jeep, but was still pissed i was paying on a new vehicle i did not possess for over 4 weeks.

Jeep did nothing for me. Did not pick up 1 cent. Was unwilling to even discuss it.

Lemon law states the same problem occurring 3 times with no resolution. Technically this was problem 1. There was no possiblity of #2 and #3 since it sat at the dealer.

Good to hear Ford is doing a lot more than Jeep. Will never give them a cent of my money again.
For Arizona it’s 4 attempts to resolve the issue, or 30 or more consecutive calendar days of the vehicle being out of operation because the shop has been unable to fix it. Tomorrow makes day 20

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
For Arizona it’s 4 attempts to resolve the issue, or 30 or more consecutive calendar days of the vehicle being out of operation because the shop has been unable to fix it. Tomorrow makes day 20
At this point I'm hoping for your sake that they just ride it out for the next 10 days in the shop so you can get yourself a brand new truck!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
At this point I'm hoping for your sake that they just ride it out for the next 10 days in the shop so you can get yourself a brand new truck!
Has the dealership Service personal gone through the exercise of unplugging all the electrical connectors and replugging them. Since this is not a systemic problem, but isolated to your truck, it sounds like electrical integrity is going to be the root cause. This is not a high tech diagnostic, but a necessary step in the diagnostic process. That means all connectors under the dash, the engine compartment and more, even the tail lights...This fumbling around and jerking you around is deplorable...Probably best to give you a new truck and ship this one back to Dearborn for in depth diagnosis, and once understood and fixed, placed on the B lot for employee purchase of used vehicles...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
Recoil1

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has the dealership Service personal gone through the exercise of unplugging all the electrical connectors and replugging them. Since this is not a systemic problem, but isolated to your truck, it sounds like electrical integrity is going to be the root cause. This is not a high tech diagnostic, but a necessary step in the diagnostic process. That means all connectors under the dash, the engine compartment and more, even the tail lights...This fumbling around and jerking you around is deplorable...Probably best to give you a new truck and ship this one back to Dearborn for in depth diagnosis, and once understood and fixed, placed on the B lot for employee purchase of used vehicles...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I believe this is their next plan of attack, troubleshooting module by module as they called it. From my point of view, 3 weeks in this should have been done already.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe this is their next plan of attack, troubleshooting module by module as they called it. From my point of view, 3 weeks in this should have been done already.
Seems like a pretty basic diagnostic step - "is it plugged in?" :)

Hoping something good happens soon - or maybe the best resolution is to wait 10 days and just get a new truck that doesn't have issues. What would be even worse is if they found out it truly was just a loose plug somewhere - we've seen a few instances of that already reported here.

OP
OP
Recoil1

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think it would cause any of these issues, but I've let them know at least half a dozen times that all of the tires are still at the pre-delivery 46-49psi. For whatever reason they refuse to adjust them down to 35.

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
I don't think it would cause any of these issues, but I've let them know at least half a dozen times that all of the tires are still at the pre-delivery 46-49psi. For whatever reason they refuse to adjust them down to 35.
Interesting. many of us have had issues with the tire pressure. i've even raised the issue with one of the wheel engineers I know at Ford who says there's no reason why the tire pressure should be above 40 psi from the factory, and claimed that the dealers are paid to set tire pressure during vehicle delivery prep.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Module by module is not a complete connector check...There might be 2 or 3 connectors between a module and a device for example...they all need checking... Sounds like this dealer is not very good at diagnostics.... Parts changers rarely find the problem and if they do fix it they have no clue what really fixed it....

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Module by module is not a complete connector check...There might be 2 or 3 connectors between a module and a device for example...they all need checking... Sounds like this dealer is not very good at diagnostics.... Parts changers rarely find the problem and if they do fix it they have no clue what really fixed it....

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
True diagnostics are a rare breed these days. Most are parts changers based on what the computer tells them.

OP
OP
Recoil1

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True diagnostics are a rare breed these days. Most are parts changers based on what the computer tells them.
THIS! There seem to be no more real mechanics/technicians, just parts changers that follow basic instructions on the computer. And if the computer line of instructions stop they have no idea what to do next. Wouldn't know a carburetor, choke, regulator, etc..
Sponsored