First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
so my brand new with 800 miles ranger XL has been showing me on the dash display a warning that the rear drivers door is ajar merely with me opening the drivers door and closing. it seems the only fix is to get out and open that rear door and close until it goes away. it seems this is a common issue on this since 2019? seems that it is always an issue with a ground wire under the carpet someplace? thoughts on this? its hard to reproduce but it does it enough where its annoying. also, if i can't get rid of the warning, will the truck be stranded?
Sponsored

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I have the supercab, was built early may, 1400 miles.
Have not had this issue thankfully. And I haven't seen anything else on here about it.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
so my brand new with 800 miles ranger XL has been showing me on the dash display a warning that the rear drivers door is ajar merely with me opening the drivers door and closing. it seems the only fix is to get out and open that rear door and close until it goes away. it seems this is a common issue on this since 2019? seems that it is always an issue with a ground wire under the carpet someplace? thoughts on this? its hard to reproduce but it does it enough where its annoying. also, if i can't get rid of the warning, will the truck be stranded?
What style of Ranger you’re sporting. Each style has its own approach. I’m in a Super Cab as well. Had that problem when I first got it. Solution was to close rear doors by grabbing outside edge near top and close door firmly from that positions seems top latch doesn’t catch right if closed holding near handle release area. Super Crews is entirely something different.

OP
OP

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
i have the supercab. i have been closing it by pushing on the metal framing in center of the door. i never use the plastic handle thing. I will try closing it from the top corner. BUT, as I said, i can get in my truck without even touching the back door, go for a drive, get out and close the drivers door and fine. If i go back in, and close the door behind me, i will get the warning about the rear door. so it seems like it only happens after i drive it then exit, and go back in right away. like a few minutes. if it sits overnight, i haven't seen the issue yet.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
i have the supercab. i have been closing it by pushing on the metal framing in center of the door. i never use the plastic handle thing. I will try closing it from the top corner. BUT, as I said, i can get in my truck without even touching the back door, go for a drive, get out and close the drivers door and fine. If i go back in, and close the door behind me, i will get the warning about the rear door. so it seems like it only happens after i drive it then exit, and go back in right away. like a few minutes. if it sits overnight, i haven't seen the issue yet.
Needs an adjustment then if that keeps happening. Sounds like the switch is just on the edge of catching. If you got the time dealer should make short work of getting that adjusted properly.

OP
OP

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
my experience with anything dealer equates to multiple visits over months to fix a simple problem. this is my first interaction with ford though. maybe that was a jeep thing?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
my experience with anything dealer equates to multiple visits over months to fix a simple problem. this is my first interaction with ford though. maybe that was a jeep thing?
Most of us have pretty good experiences with the dealers. Never know until you try. No all dealers are the same. Some do really stink and others are exemplary

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
The right rear door of my Screw does that sometimes. I have people in the rear infrequently and the warning goes off when I stop and restart, so I just ignore it.

OP
OP

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
hasn't happened in a week or so now. wondering if something had to adjust itself....

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
hasn't happened in a week or so now. wondering if something had to adjust itself....
Hi Bill,

Weird...wonder if it is heat related. Do not recall Ford designing the door system for adaptive door sealing.... :)

OP
OP

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
well i had it at a cooler place last weekend and it didn't do it. now it's in hades and it still hasn't done it.

OP
OP

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
Hasn't happened in a while now. And it's been quite hot here. I am guessing it just needed a slight adjustment as it wore in.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Bill, it's more than likely you're just getting used to shutting the half doors. I had the same problem with my Super Cab until I started paying attention, and just pushing the door with my hand until it latched. I have no idea why those doors are so touchy. Must be just the nature of the beast.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
I had a thread about both rear doors ajar in my supercab which would lock my trans. in park . There was a loose ground wire under the front pass. seat ..They took out the seat to repair the bad connection . Crazy but it fixed the locking trans. lever and stopped the door ajar problem . At first slamming the door would do it but after a couple of months the wire remained loose . Almost made me insane oh I already am . Could your problem be loose wire in that door ?
Sponsored