First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
So I put my Fast Mavericks upgraded turbo on this evening. Definitely a different driving experience than before. It is really strong and I haven’t even floored it yet. It makes a lot of turbo noises too, especially with my intake on it. Gotta look at data tomorrow and see about a tune revision then we’re flooring it and more data. Hopefully dyno very soon. Currently on E30. The install was straightforward and took me about two hours while taking pictures along the way. I never even jacked it up.

IMG_0812.jpeg

IMG_0819.jpeg

IMG_0817.jpeg

IMG_0816.jpeg

IMG_0810.jpeg

IMG_0811.jpeg

IMG_0809.jpeg

IMG_0822.jpeg

IMG_0826.jpeg

E0AB13B3-B104-49D3-AE8B-705689EC4D8E.jpeg

IMG_0821.jpeg
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Not heard of fast mavericks. What's the difference between it and stock?

OP
OP
Loweredon33s

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Not heard of fast mavericks. What's the difference between it and stock?
He’s got a 2.3 swapped Maverick. He sells them directly but the wheels are produced by Comp turbo. This is a completely stock, brand new turbo from Ford but with a larger billet compressor wheel and machined compressor housing. I need to drive it more to get a better impression but so far I’m impressed.

OP
OP
Loweredon33s

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Very nice and congrats on a successful install, Mike! Bet all kinds of noises will be gushing out of that whale penis intake now 😆

Speaking of which dynos will be forthcoming of this new turbo setup I hope 🤞
It actually took the squeaky sound away and replaced it with lots of new noises.
Dyno baseline pulls on 93 and e30 tuning
were done last Friday, gonna do some street tuning then back on the dyno at the next opportunity. I’m hoping a few days but we have paying cars to tune too.
sound up on the video, that is on the tune for the stock turbo and in the rain 😳

OP
OP
Loweredon33s

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
That sounds good! Unusual combo with the exhaust pitch and big diesel turbo whistle.
I’m pretty happy with it! Can’t wait to get a revised tune so I can step into it!
Try this video, this is in drive without flooring it. Starting to drizzle. I’m not sharing the mph on this one. 😬

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
It actually took the squeaky sound away and replaced it with lots of new noises.
were done last Friday, gonna do some street tuning then back on the dyno at the next opportunity. I’m hoping a few days but we have paying cars to tune too.
sound up on the video, that is on the tune for the stock turbo and in the rain 😳

Very nice!

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
So, Fast Maverick takes stock Ford turbos and reworks them? Can you send in your used turbo for a core charge return to recoup some of the money you spent?
And I wonder if Ford will see those and issue a 'cease and desist' because the logo looks very much like Ford and the use of Maverick. Maybe not, as I don't understand copyrights and trade marks.

Reactions: Doc

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
My stock 2022 can't keep the rubber on the asphalt when I floor it. , and it gets to 100 any time I want.
Stay safe.
I'll echo that. With minor modifications and a tune this truck accelerates and is capable of comfortably hitting speeds a truck shouldn't be expected to. I'm enjoying modding mine but at times I feel I need to reel myself in.

I found the maverick website and it's a little cludgy. There's a less expensive, slightly less aggressive turbo that might make sense for those of us who mix our driving/towing/hauling. It's going on my wish list if I ever get this upgraded intercooler on and E30 becomes more available.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
My stock 2022 can't keep the rubber on the asphalt when I floor it. , and it gets to 100 any time I want.
Stay safe.
Yeah the Ranger needs an LSD, full time, clutch or something. Not a electronic one that turns off at 20mph. That's why I like the Maverick builds, the awd alone puts it in a completely different league.

OP
OP
Loweredon33s

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Yeah the Ranger needs an LSD, full time, clutch or something. Not a electronic one that turns off at 20mph. That's why I like the Maverick builds, the awd alone puts it in a completely different league.
My locker stays engaged as long as it is loaded. I would prefer a better diff but the locker does stay engaged despite what they say. Besides I usually just launch in 4wd if I really need traction.

keithdues

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Lariat Trimmer
Occupation
Manufacturing.

That sounds as if it's working pretty damn well

Reactions: Doc